Anti-Americanism

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Only two to five cups a day? You're a lightweight, Edward....Big Bubba has that much by noon. On a recent trip to fabulous Italy I picked up an espresso habit while travelling on the autostrada. The wife has to take a leak every fifteen minutes, so that is about the intervals between my shots of espresso. Man, I did FLY along. Fortunately I don't drink it daily, but when I do it's usually about 4 to 5 doubles in a row. I am a bit obsessive compulsive with addictive personality to boot...lol....and I do like the kick I get, assuming the heart holds out. Almost like a snort of cocaine, if I remember properly (that was years ago kids, and not recommended behavior)

As for the room, I was planning on having one in advance of tea, but since you suggest WE get one, I suppose your offer to SHARE in the cost would help in defraying the substantial nightly tarriff.

;-)~

Ahhh...fabulous Italy...and those naughty little espressos....well, one has to find something to replace that long ago remembered coca high...I actually made the mistake of partaking in some powders last New Years Eve....first time in over 10 years...of course the next morning finds oneself asking the question WHY? after repeatedly trying to rub out the imaginary grit that seems to have got caught behind the eyelids....yuk.

You old caffeine King. What is life without some vice...eh?

And as you put it so succinctly, without a shadow of a doubt, wholeheartedly, I completely offer a 50 percent share in the cost. You old tease you.:sasmokin:

D

deleted26151

I cant speak on behalf of Europe, however in Ireland there is quite a bit of Anti-American sentiment. Mostly centered on the fact that so many of US troops land in Shannon on their way to kill Iraqis;) but the people that protest must not know how much we all depend on the US economy, 25% of our GDP last I checked. Those people would be the first to protest against the government if we lost that 25%. I know it shouldnt be all aboput money, but thats the way the world works.

I personally used to live in NY for 3years and I dnt dislike Americans but do feel many are lied to by the media, but than again everyone is. The only problem with the US is that their policies are based on whats good for the US and such an important country shouldn't be like that.

My two cents

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's great to hear man, but I was talking about the Americans I meet in live chat rooms. I am in no way saying that all Americans on here don't hold a passport..read my original thread. :smile:

i did, i just felt like jumping on the passport bandwagon

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
PS I know a lot of the Americans here are very intelligent and decent people. You just musn't be very common or else there'd be a different man in the White House?

Peace.

Have to say that's a bit uncalled for...me being a Brit, surely we could say the same about us electing Tony Blair.....in other words saying that intelligent and decent Brits are also thin on the ground. It's easy to stereotype.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know this is completely unrelated but a hilarious incident nontheless

america may remind the world often of all the good we have done, however, maybe the world shouldnt forget so fast either?

Back in the good old days, i was a young strapping med student on one of my first rotations. There was an elderly american man with chest pain and right next to him in the ER was a teenage french guy who was giving the american a lot of problems and outright showing the man quite a bit of disrespect. There was a tv on above them and they were discussing politics.....since the older guy was being watched carefully bc of the chest pain, when we heard screaming coming from the room a bunch of us ran over there. The french kid says to him "you stupid american blah blah blah" the old american looks at him and says something in german that i didnt understand bc i dont speak german. The french kid looks at him confused. The elderly guy then looks at this kid in that way where you know fire is burning under the eyes and says "you little $&$^@W if it werent for me and my friends storming YOUR ABANDONED beaches at Normandy you would have understood completely what I was saying, now shut the hell up"......

now im patriotic, as i think all people should be but im not overly so.....however,i thought that was freakin hilarious

Yeh man, that's excellent. My partner is French and I tease him incessantly about it....he always going on about how much better France is than England, in terms of Public Service (which actually..it is!)...anyway, I use the same line...though I say 'ich muchte eine guten esel bumsen' (forgive the definately incorrect spelling..)...anyway..he says 'what' or 'quoi'...and I say, 'that's what you'd be saying to me if you were feeling horny, and England hadn't given De Gaulle political sanctuary in London, and the Allies hadn't liberated France...etc, etc..'...well, it sure don't go down that well...lol!

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
. If you look at Europe you will notice that there are many radical muslims (keep in mind I don't have anything against the Islamic faith-only the fundamentalists) that are pouring their way into politics.

I believe this line is what's drawing so much criticism of your post. What is it that convinces you that so many of the muslims "pouring" their way into politics are radicals? That's a huge assumption and it reeks of bias.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeh man, that's excellent. My partner is French and I tease him incessantly about it....he always going on about how much better France is than England, in terms of Public Service (which actually..it is!)...anyway, I use the same line...though I say 'ich muchte eine guten esel bumsen' (forgive the definately incorrect spelling..)...anyway..he says 'what' or 'quoi'...and I say, 'that's what you'd be saying to me if you were feeling horny, and England hadn't given De Gaulle political sanctuary in London, and the Allies hadn't liberated France...etc, etc..'...well, it sure don't go down that well...lol!

so why dont we all just get along and gang up and hate the french

jk jk :biggrin1:

i am a big fan of french fries......haha jk theyre too fatty for me anyways (the french fries, not french)

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In all aspects of life the one's at the top are always subjected to criticism and treated with some amount of disdain. It's part of human nature to be like that.

It's easy to generalise as we have seen in this thread already. It's also easy to home in on the negatives.

There are many many positive things about America including the fact that you guys are big enough and gracious enough to handle the criticism and negativity. Your steadfastness in upholding rights on freedom of speech and taking what is being verbally thrown at you is in itself honourable.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I believe this line is what's drawing so much criticism of your post. What is it that convinces you that so many of the muslims "pouring" their way into politics are radicals? That's a huge assumption and it reeks of bias.

Like all things in this life, anything negative is bound to draw more attention...look at our daily news, the top stories are always the most shocking, funny how the good news stories if any, seem to come at the end. Maybe if the media decided to draw attention to the good news, which I assure you, there is a LOT of out there, then extremism possibly wouldn't have such a powerful hold on the modern psyche.

I'd love to see as a headline...'35 year old woman gives up her job and devotes her life to caring for orphaned children with AIDS in Thailand...'.
But set off a bomb, hijack a bus, kidnap an AID worker....hey, you got the headline news. It would be nice if they could mix it up a little at least, but the obssessive compulsive and addictive beings that we are...we seem to be addicted to, and crave negativity. When a relationship is suffering slightly, why is it we seem to find it easier to focus on the bad times, and forget about the good?

What I mean to say is that, the media highlights extremes, and we rely on the media for the news. As Gillette points out, the vast majority of people with religious beliefs, are most certainly not extreme, and want to lead a peaceful and cooperative life.

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have to say that's a bit uncalled for...me being a Brit, surely we could say the same about us electing Tony Blair.....in other words saying that intelligent and decent Brits are also thin on the ground. It's easy to stereotype.

Mr Blair can pronounce 'nuclear' and string coherent sentences together though. And it would be hard to go against America, with it being a super power and all. Blair made some bad decisions for sure but when you see/hear him, you get the impression of intelligence.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mr Blair can pronounce 'nuclear' and string coherent sentences together though. And it would be hard to go against America, with it being a super power and all. Blair made some bad decisions for sure but when you see/hear him, you get the impression of intelligence.

I hear you man, but that's no reason to paint the majority of Americans of lacking intelligence and decency.....

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
Hey Eddyabs-It's so refreshing to hear those kinds words. I happen to hold a passport, although it expires this year. I LOVE to travel. I'll have to re-new it because eventually my next tourist destination is Great Britain. I have a real fascination with London. There seems to be so much history and a dynamic that is hard to find anywhere else in the world. I don't live too far from NYC, so that's saying a lot because NYC (not to sound bias) has the most energy I've ever witnessed in all my travels. There are still many other places I would love to visit, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, etc. But as of now I feel the most connected to London. Any suggestions as to what to see in London and other parts of Great Britain. Maybe this should be discussed in another thread.