Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I should add I was on Celexa for a bit and while I could maintain myself mostly hard, I could go and go and not cum. Now to some that may sound great, but not getting that release can be really frustrating!
That is the common theme. But I always find a way to cum. It just takes a bit longer. The wife's not complaining as she always cums first. Kind of an upside is if I meet up with a guy in my car... I won't blow my top in 2 mins like I did the last time! :D

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
That is the common theme. But I always find a way to cum. It just takes a bit longer. The wife's not complaining as she always cums first. Kind of an upside is if I meet up with a guy in my car... I won't blow my top in 2 mins like I did the last time! :D
I had to get off of celexa. It was simply unacceptable to me. I'm med free these days, but did have a period 10 or so years ago, where it took a trial of meds to find one that didn't have those effects on me. Now I'm back sex wise to full hard and no problem releasing when I want to, not getting frustrated because I couldn't.

Reactions: WilliamG

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I had to get off of celexa. It was simply unacceptable to me. I'm med free these days, but did have a period 10 or so years ago, where it took a trial of meds to find one that didn't have those effects on me. Now I'm back sex wise to full hard and no problem releasing when I want to, not getting frustrated because I couldn't.
Meds free is the goal for me as well. Being in my mid 60's now, prescriptions are like boat anchors in life. Approaching this from lifestyle changes as well. We are looking to retire in another country and don't want meds to be an issue down the road (though meds are far easier to deal with in other countries than the US).

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Meds free is the goal for me as well. Being in my mid 60's now, prescriptions are like boat anchors in life. Approaching this from lifestyle changes as well. We are looking to retire in another country and don't want meds to be an issue down the road (though meds are far easier to deal with in other countries than the US).

If any med is needed, including antidepressants and anti-anxiety type meds, there is nothing wrong with still needing them. I remember when I tapered off them, one negative tho. My body always recognized when I had "mothers little helper ingested", and it also recognizes when it isn't present. It reacts (withdrawal symptoms) the same way as anxiety does unfortunately. With my doctors guidance, we tapered off them very slowly as many times at first I couldn't tell the difference if it was withdrawal or anxiety. Even tapering can be a bit difficult.

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes. I tried the tapering off method at the beginning of the year. Took 2 months to taper from my 10mg to 0. Wasn't ready. When I tapered off I noticed the anxiety rise in day to day activities like driving in heavy traffic. Went back on and I'm doing pretty well. So still in a holding pattern. Fortunately my physical health is really good now so I don't have meds like blood pressure or blood thinners to deal with. :)

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It can be hard to taper off for some people and it isn't that you are not ready, your anxiety isn't ready to let go. No shame in getting the help you need. Most anxiety meds don't cause sexual problems, it's the damn antidepressants that do. Wish you well on your journey.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
First of all, talk to your doctor about this.
Secondly, it's about what you need first. Do you want to feel sane and calm with no erections and sex, or do you want to get hard, have sex and cum while you feel anxious and depressed most of the time?

I know it's very difficult to choose. I am in my mid 30s. And I've been there three times in my life. First time, when I was 18, secondly when I was 25 and third time, very recently.

I was on Anafranil for 2 years. When I was at the peak dosage for a period of 5 months, I neither got erect nor came. I was basically a eunuch LOL When we started lowering the dosage, I tried very hard to get erect, but I did! And I came like a fountain. Imagine...It was 5 month's worth of cum. It was so thick and heavy that I did not shoot. It literally oozed out of my penis for like 5,6 minutes. And when the ejaculation was over, I was still feeling full.

The second time, I was on Effexor, similarly on a high dosage. I did not cum for a while again. When we started lowering the dosage I could get hard and cum. But still, the erection quality was bad.

And third round with antidepressants took place this year when I started having strong panic attacks after catching Covid-19. I tried to cope with the frequent and strong panic attacks by myself. But I could not. I started taking Cipram. I've been on Cipram (20 mg) for six months. No erections no libido again.. Btw, my libido was already low when I got Covid. I was having erection issues. So I am not sure this low libido and erectile dysfunction was solely the work of Cipram or the effect of both combined. Bcoz I had long Covid. It took me three months to get back to my pre-Covid health. I started lowering the dosage two weeks ago. Still , I cannot get hard by myself. I have to touch my penis and make it erect. Erection quality is 8/10. I can cum again. I'm gonna cut off Cipram completely in a week or two and see what happens.
Make sure you taper and not stop completely at one. Your doctor can guide your tapering off instead of cold turkey off. Cold turkey can cause some major problems.

Reactions: iluvmen