Anti-freeze poisoner jailed for 30 years

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dong20, Feb 28, 2008.

1. dong20

Gold Member

I read about the trial a while back, nasty.

Kate Knight, 28, was convicted last month of attempting to murder Lee Knight by lacing his dinner with ethylene glycol on their seventh wedding anniversary.

Mr Knight was also left with brain damage and kidney failure following the poisoning in April 2005.

The jury at Stafford Crown Court took eight hours to convict Knight, of Meir Hay, Stoke-on-Trent, of attempted murder following a three-week trial.

The court was told she had planned to use the £130,000 death pay-out from her husband's employer, JCB in Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, to pay off mounting debts after forging her husband's signature to take out two secret loans for £17,000.

The jury heard that Knight, a former brewery worker, used the internet search engine Google to find a method of killing, settling on anti-freeze after considering using ecstasy or iron tablets.

Knight, who married at 19, gave the anti-freeze to her husband in red wine and an Indian takeaway he ate on their wedding anniversary.

Anti-freeze poisoner jailed for 30 years - Yahoo! News UK

2. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

They should make her drink it also!

A little more on anti-freeze....I get pissed when I see people changing it or draining it at public parking lots and leaving a puddle of the stuff on the pavement. They don't realize (or maybe care) that a dog or cat can sip the stuff and die from it.

3. transformer_99

Gold Member

Draft saved Draft deleted