Anti semitism on the rise?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

It's true that in Europe Ashkenazi Jews score higher than any other ethnic group in verbal and mathematical intelligence, but their visual and spatial intelligence is average.

Israel, which is made up of roughly 50 percent Ashkenazi Jews, 30 percent other Jews and 20 percent other ethnicities, actually scores a lot lower than most of Europe, the United States and a broad sweep of SE Asia, when you actually include all elements of the IQ strata....mathematical, verbal, visual, spatial.....etc....

And you Tripod, can state with authenticity that the Ashkenazi Jews or Jews are the most intelligent ethnicity in the world? I find your logic unsettling and unfounded. It's akin to me saying that because Men in general are visually/spatially superior in intelligence as averse to Women, that makes us the alpha intelligence.....we can just sweep the fact that Women in general score higher in Mathematical and Verbal intelligence under the proverbial carpet.

I'm certainly not anti-semetic, but I'm definitely anti-sweeping generalisations.....

We already had a fucking thread about Ashkenazi intelligence... I suggest that you go back and read it before arguing any further.

Jews are smart as hell, if you don't know that through personal experience, then I don't know what to tell you. It's the truth, even if you find it unsettling.

Of course you wouldn't know what show that is a reference to because you don't know shit. Racist.

You had better come at me with more than that newbie, 'cause that was WEAK as HELL!!!!!

Inter Ested

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do you equate anti-Zionism with anti-Semiticism?

Not equate, but there are lots of similarities. Modern anti-Zionists hate Israel for the same irrational reasons the anti-Semitists hate the Jews, and for them nearly every Jew is a Zionist. An anti-zionist journalist in Egypt wrote that Hitler should have killed all the Jews, because without Jews there wouldn't be Israel.
I'm sorry, but my english is not good enough to debate something that complicated on this forum. I can only advise you, to read some Essays on the connection between anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism. The best one I know is the Article "Der ehrbare Antisemitismus" by the austrian auschwitz-survivor Jean Amery - I don't know if there is an english translation, but perhaps you can find it somewhere in the WWW.

And the following is right, if it is written by Martin Luther King or not: "[SIZE=-1]You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say [...]: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews. [...][/SIZE][SIZE=-1] Antisemitism, the hatred of the Jewish people, has been and remains a blot on the soul of mankind. In this we are in full agreement. So know also this: anti-Zionist is inherently antisemitic, and ever will be so." [/SIZE]

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am not Jewish but I can't figure out all the hatred of Israel at all. The double, no triple standard that country is held to is ridiculous and looks like anti semitism to me.

I do not get it.

Prejudice and racism are learned ignorance and cultivated stupidity. If you grow up thinking that Jewish people are your enemy...and your culture doesn't allow for acknowledgment and understanding of Jewish people and culture. And you don't challenge what you've learned. Anti-semitism will color your life until challenged otherwise.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Anti-semitism is "à la mode" in France and always has been. It's nauseating. If I were Jewish, I would never ever live in France.

It's funny, though, how the French and Western Europeans are held to a lesser moral standard than North Americans when it comes to racism. Disgusting! So progressive (this is coming from someone who has spent his life learning French and German and a deep appreciation of their cultures)!!

I'd say that Zionism is a political movement where Judaism is a religion. Not all Jews are Zionists and not all Zionists are Jews. It's entirely possible that there are more Zionist Christians than Jews. I see Zionism and Judaism as two distinct things because of these differences.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Where's Flashy when we really need him? (Most likely being intelligently patient?)

indeed i was MLB, :wink:

i will say, that all the proof is really in the pudding regarding anti-semitism being on the rise.

1. I agree with WGChaz's assertion of it being on the rise all over the world, as that is a known fact, in europe, the middle east and many other places (especially the web, which is a virtual playground for jew-haters and other hate group types)

2. many people have trouble separating "anti-semitism" from "anti-zionism" or "anti-Israel", but like most things concerning the jews, it all comes back to the same things.

WGChaz pointed out the completely lopsided and biased sanctioning of Israel by the UN not to mention the UNCHR, which has had its members in charge of "monitoring" human rights around the world, Saudi Arabia, Cuba, Russia, Bosnia/Herz, Pakistan, Malaysia, Jordan, Nigeria and Egypt to name a few...

if it were only "anti-semitism" we were discussing, we could focus solely on the myriad episodes in europe, or the predictable singling out of Jews during the attacks in Mumbai.

at some point, it always comes back to the jews in some way...regular "anti-semitism" can be studied and dissected till we are blue, i have been on the receiving end of it in many ways from subtle to not so subtle. it comes to define a part of my existence, not as victim, which it is rather easy for everyone to claim status as, but as absolutely, positively unwilling in any way to concede certain plateaus to others on certain topics...it colors a great deal of jewish thought, and appropriately so...you really cannot count on anyone else to help or save you, and you better be prepared to fight or defend yourself, both if you have done something wrong as we all do, but mostly when you have *NOT* done anything wrong as we all do.

With most people in the world, the Jews simply cannot win...the world rarely feels pity for Jews when they are weak, and are slaughtered or expelled or tortured or shunned throughout history...in fact, it seems if not on the whole indifferent, rather bemused or actually happy about it...

by the same token, when Jews finally became strong in a variety of ways, be it in finance, business, culture etc. that was not liked or admired either, leading to more persecution etc...

after millenias of this back and forth, success, then envy or anger, then slaughter or expulsion, then wretchedness, then success, then envy or anger then slaughter or expulsion, repeated in countless countries in countless eras, it finally comes to its ugliest conclusion, the Holocaust.

when we rise again from it and let us not forget the holocaust sprang from jewish success and achievement in Germany, and the resentment of it, the people feel pity for the wretched jews in again, who then must rebuild yet *AGAIN* from slaughter, expulsion, prejudice, confiscation, burned synagogues, destroyed families, dispersal, but that pity only goes so far...before the jews pick themselves up, start to build and achieve again, which is when the ugliness rears its head again, usually at those who feel "disenfranchised" or resentment at the success that they don't have.

that comes in the form of Holocaust denial, a rather large and prifatble industry...jewish control of the world banking system, jews controlling all the wars, jews controlling entertainment, etc. etc.

it only takes a generation or two for those that weren't around for the last round of Jew bashing, expulsion, killing to pick up where the last round left off, and it always starts with a "oh that bad stuff really didn't happen that badly" or with defacing of cemeteries or synagogues etc. etc.

and then once again, the world hates when the jews stand up for themselves and regain some strength, because it does not allow them to repsect the jews for their reliable wretchedness and suffering.

When Jews finally become strong enough in their own homeland (which is a microstate considering most jews still live in the diaspora) and after millenias of waiting for others to rescues us, only to watch everyone turn a blind eye, and actually take charge by having hundreds of nuclear weapons, intelligence services to make sure Jews all over the world can emigrate, or secure vital knowledge to their survival, people around the world start getting upset.

When these Jews finally say "enough", and resolve to never allow Jews to be driven to the brink of extinction again, and not only that but to *INSURE* it with nuclear weapons, uncompromising views, toughness and at times, yes, merciless and relentless and brutal defense of all things Israeli and Jewish, the world goes nuts...because they know this time, the Jews are not going out without taking everyone of their enemies with them.

Is it not surprising that for the past 60 years since the founding of the state of ISrael that the cries get louder and louder every year not only about jews as bloodsuckers, or manipulators or usurpers or crafty denizens of global chaos...but even more sinister, that it is time again that jews most notably in the form of Israel be "wiped off the earth", and that is done to the cheering crowds of hundreds of thousands in the flesh and tens of millions worldwide who actually *AGREE* with that as a some sort of reasonable course of action?

when one thinks of "anti-semitism" in the classical sense, one rarely thinks of the state of ISrael and its actions for the rise or cause of it...because let's face it...Israel did not even exist till 1948. People have hated and tormented the Jews for 20 centuries before Israel.

Israel is simply the easily used "raison d'etre" for today's anti-semites as the reason for their anti-semitism.

this does not mean that every person who criticizes Israeli Policy is an "anti-semite", but one must wonder why these same people who criticize Israel so fiercely and vociferously do not do so to nearly the same degree as far worse offenders...

it is a legitimate question.

when i asked a poster in this very thread a long time ago, why he spent so much time criticizing Israel, yet never spoke on Sudan, or Tibet, etc....he replied that "i guess those topics are not as sexy"

so one must conclude, why is it more "sexy" than spending equal amounts of time criticizing mass genocide?

is it because the Jews are involved?

take a look how many threads on this very forum (LPSG as a whole) are about ISrael...11 by my count just on title alone with 1403 responses...not even including conversations like this one about anti-semitism or ones that started on other things and evolved later.

then compare Rwanda

2 threads

1. where nobody even actually discussed Rwanda itself

http://www.lpsg.org/78348-i-just-saw-mr-bush.html?highlight=Rwanda

and

2. a thread about a Frontline documentary from 5 years ago...with three responses.

http://www.lpsg.org/13940-frontline-ghosts-of-rwanda.html?highlight=Rwanda

and more importantly and still ongoing Sudan.

2 threads

1. nearly a year ago...got not a single reply

http://www.lpsg.org/99267-sudan-darfur-china-oil-drilling.html?highlight=Sudan

2. and this one 4 years ago, managed 31 replies

http://www.lpsg.org/18654-state-department-sudan-an-ally.html?highlight=Sudan

and Congo

1 thread last year...about the rape of Congolese women, reached 7 posts...that is almost 715,000 dead folks in Congo since the beginning of this for every post

http://www.lpsg.org/99522-congo-women.html?highlight=Congo

Tibet? 1 thread...a year ago got 47 posts

http://www.lpsg.org/81809-us-pressure-mounts-china-over.html?highlight=Tibet

Kashmir? Zero topics

frankly, i do not like the term anti-semitic...since it allows certain people (and a couple on this forum) to deflect attention from what they truly are...the term "semitic" allows them to say "well arabs are semitic people too" etc. etc...when frankly, they should embrace the term anti-semitic, since it is the "nice" and "polite" way of saying someone is anti-jew.

the simple fact in their denial of the term itself says everything...they cannot even stand the whif of the accusation because of the alleged "power" it holds.

if they had any courage at all, they would simply admit what they are, rather than let it show through the articulation of their "beliefs" which are usually rather obvious.

anyhoo :smile:

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We already had a fucking thread about Ashkenazi intelligence... I suggest that you go back and read it before arguing any further.

Jews are smart as hell, if you don't know that through personal experience, then I don't know what to tell you. It's the truth, even if you find it unsettling.

I know all I want to know about Ashkenazi Jews Tripod, that doesn't take away from the point I was making, that you were making a definite generalisation. You don't have to admit to it though....it's there in black and white.

Note: in this instance I don't need to resort to effing and blinding...just 'a thread' would have sufficed....no?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I know all I want to know about Ashkenazi Jews Tripod, that doesn't take away from the point I was making, that you were making a definite generalisation. You don't have to admit to it though....it's there in black and white.

Note: in this instance I don't need to resort to effing and blinding...just 'a thread' would have sufficed....no?

You are trying to point out that I am prejudiced against Jews by my celebrating their intelligence and achievements?

You should probably look elsewhere for Jew hating... I LOVE Jews.

Painting critics of the policies of Israel as Anti-Semitics is an old tactic to discredit the messenger. It is an insidious practice and ruins healthy debate.

That is exactly what you are doing and it is rather pathetic.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Flash, by your measure, would Finklestein be anti semitic?

It is hard to say how i would categorize Finkelstein. i would assume he is more of a self hating Jew.

I do not know if he would be "anti-semitic" so much as he is simply a very disturbed and stupid man.

I would say for someone like him who has consistently made statements to cheering anti-israel audiences about how the jews have turned the holoaust into an "industry", there is just a tad of hypocrisy considering how much money he has made turning Israel-bashing into an industry that he profits from.

I think Finkelstein is simply a psychotic moron...not an anti-semite. He is guilty of the same type of myopia, bias and exploitation that he claims to decry.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Painting critics of the policies of Israel as Anti-Semitics is an old tactic to discredit the messenger. It is an insidious practice and ruins healthy debate.

That is exactly what you are doing and it is rather pathetic.

Well, at least I now know where you are coming from....(i.e. nowhere)..... my post had absolutely nothing to do with painting 'critics of the policies of Israel' as anti-semetics. Where do I mention yours, or anyones views on Israeli policies? If you can magically quote this fabled passage I apparently wrote, please do so.

(You may be some time.....).

And you call out 'insiduous'! I'm eating my hat here!!

ruins healthy debate.

Indeed!

*sigh*.......

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
One thing that I am not comfortable with, Flash.

I see a clear distinction between supporting Israel geopolitically and yet still being allowed to criticise her ethically. Being non partisan to her issues, I am uncomfortable with the temptation of her supporters to put Human Rights Activists in the same bag as Right Wing nutters and Islamists. I have read the Tel Aviv University reports on the growth of anti-semitism and you won't find any acts being perpetrated by those who are concerned with Human Rights.

A final point. When the creation of the State was being discussed, there were many European Jews who were against it. History has shown their reasoning to be correct. However those who were for it, have also been proved correct. Historically, Israel is extremely interesting. However I can see that the historical debate is being used for the purposes of those who presently would like to see the State gone. So sadly, it is probably best not to discuss it.