anti-viral medication

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyone from UK have to collect or have collected anti-viral medication for the treatment of swine flu? I have got to get someone to pick some up on my behalf and need to know how much it costs if anything.

MYDEEPTHROAT

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If its anything like north america ... there will be clinics everywhere offering free shots ...
I wouldn't worry too much ... they're just starting to set up the times in north america this week ...
Most just started in Canada ... yesterday ... or next week at the latest ...
I'm sure your national health service will be arranging for everyone to be vaccinated ...

This is what is starting up 'yesterday' where I am in Ontario ... with some good Q & A and information ... from a Canadian perspective as well ...

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/ccom/flu/h1n1/public/vaccines.aspx

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you have swine flu its free isn't it ?

I'm not sure and its confusing me a bit more because i took the NHS pandemic assessment online after developing severe flu symptoms out of the blue, i was perfectly fine at work on Monday but by the evening i felt so ill, the conclusion was that authorisation was given to get the anti-virals but it does'nt exactly confirm whether its swine flu or regular flu or even a throat infection.

Right now, my nose is either running or blocked, my throat is tickly and sore, i'm coughing and overproducing saliva, my head feels achy at the sides of the forehead but not a headache and it doesnt matter how much i seem to wrap up i'm still getting chills down my back.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I'm not sure and its confusing me a bit more because i took the NHS pandemic assessment online after developing severe flu symptoms out of the blue, i was perfectly fine at work on Monday but by the evening i felt so ill, the conclusion was that authorisation was given to get the anti-virals but it does'nt exactly confirm whether its swine flu or regular flu or even a throat infection.

Right now, my nose is either running or blocked, my throat is tickly and sore, i'm coughing and overproducing saliva, my head feels achy at the sides of the forehead but not a headache and it doesnt matter how much i seem to wrap up i'm still getting chills down my back.

I just had a bout with some weird infection, I caught it from my grand dad, it went straight to my chest and i had the extreme sensitivity to cold and total body ache coupled with the head ache. I don't know if it was really Pig fever but I just stayed at home and toughed it out. I'm feeling OK now.

Keep warm and get lots of fluids. How is your breathing ?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just had a bout with some weird infection, I caught it from my grand dad, it went straight to my chest and i had the extreme sensitivity to cold and total body ache coupled with the head ache. I don't know if it was really Pig fever but I just stayed at home and toughed it out. I'm feeling OK now.

Keep warm and get lots of fluids. How is your breathing ?

Breathing ok, chest feels congested a bit but i'm functioning to a decent standard. Going to probably take a week off work to stay at home and rest like advised, employer wont like that, short staffed due to sickness already

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Going to probably take a week off work to stay at home and rest like advised, employer wont like that, short staffed due to sickness already

Employers never do Mitchy which is pretty dumb really as more and more people get infected when sick folks go into work. :rolleyes:

I hope you feel a lot better soon.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Have you been to the doc for a proper diagnosis?

From the sound of things the helpline's prescricing Tamiflu to just about anyone whether they've got a cold or a stubbed toe.

Anyway, get well soon!

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have you been to the doc for a proper diagnosis?

From the sound of things the helpline's prescricing Tamiflu to just about anyone whether they've got a cold or a stubbed toe.

Anyway, get well soon!

Well all i can say is that when my flu broke out it was very sudden, there was no usual hint that i might be coming down with a cold or anything, the onset was so quick that i became alarmed and so went online to fill out an assessment. I know 2 other people who have used the assessment when they developed flu but were not authorised the anti-virals.

I am however prone to flu but this one is weird, i rarely get the aching muscles and headache. The Tamiflu was free so if it is a regular flu i'm at least getting strong symptom medication without having to pay for it.

Ric1

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I work in pharmacy, free that's doesn't sound right oh well they have it bundle switched( that means the pharmacy bears the cost of the levy charge seeing as we only make 65p an item unless it is tamiflu or cd or PGD service.)