Anti-war apathy

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Probably a strange place to start a discussion like this. Actually, I'm not interested in a discussion. I was just reading the thread about Presidential Penis, people speculating about who had the biggest penis in the White House. I was surprised that some said they thought Bush was sexy. There was even one guy who claimed to have seen him naked back when he was in Dallas, at some health club or something.

Hard to believe anyone would find him sexy. He's responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands, and he should be in prison for terrorism. But then I remembered that, oddly, it seems that a lot of Americans get off on the idea of their sons (and daughters) getting sent to foreign lands and killed in senseless wars, because it gives them the opportunity to flagellate themselves and mutter meaningless slogans about heroism and protecting our freedoms.

The point in all of this is that when the war started I was very opposed to it. I'm still opposed to it, but I've come to accept that Americans, like George Carlin said, "Want you to have live babies so they can grow up to be dead soldiers." I no longer take part in anti-war demonstrations. I realized it's sort of futile. People have been going to war for millennia; "millions of dead motherfuckers ... all because 'God' told them to go to war." (George Carlin)

Kind of stupid to post a topic like this meanwhile my cock is over there at the side of the screen. But I felt like posting it anyway. The idea that anyone would find Bush attractive is like thinking someone would find Hitler attractive.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Probably a strange place to start a discussion like this. Actually, I'm not interested in a discussion. I was just reading the thread about Presidential Penis, people speculating about who had the biggest penis in the White House. I was surprised that some said they thought Bush was sexy. There was even one guy who claimed to have seen him naked back when he was in Dallas, at some health club or something. Hard to believe anyone would find him sexy.

You need to use a larger font. So what if people find him sexy. It's in the eyes of the beholder. Define sexy.

He's responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands, and he should be in prison for terrorism.

Straight out of Rosie O'Donnell's mouth. Where is the proof of tens of thousand or hundreds of thousands dead? Why should he be in prison for terrorism?
But then I remembered that, oddly, it seems that a lot of Americans get off on the idea of their sons (and daughters) getting sent to foreign lands and killed in senseless wars, because it gives them the opportunity to flagellate themselves and mutter meaningless slogans about heroism and protecting our freedoms.

All wars are senseless, and I've had family in World War I, II, Korea, and Iraq. We don't want our family killed. Please. War is a sad part of living in this beautiful but sometimes ugly world. And just in case you didn't know, there is no draft in the USA.

The point in all of this is that when the war started I was very opposed to it. I'm still opposed to it, but I've come to accept that Americans, like George Carlin said, "Want you to have live babies so they can grow up to be dead soldiers." I no longer take part in anti-war demonstrations. I realized it's sort of futile. People have been going to war for millennia; "millions of dead motherfuckers ... all because 'God' told them to go to war." (George Carlin)

George Carlin makes a lot of American money saying what he says.
Kind of stupid to post a topic like this meanwhile my cock is over there at the side of the screen. But I felt like posting it anyway. The idea that anyone would find Bush attractive is like thinking someone would find Hitler attractive.

Define attractive.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Out of Rosie's mouth? Boy are you an idiot. Everyone in every other country on earth knows what's really going on and how many people have died. People in this country are so isolated from what is going on.

The soldiers in Iraq are protecting nothing but oil for the wealthy of this nation. But enjoy their deaths. it seems to be what America and people who support the war want. A sort of Christ complex thing going on in this country. "They died for your (lack of patriotism)."

But then I feel silly having a debate next to a picture of my wee-wee.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Probably a strange place to start a discussion like this. Actually, I'm not interested in a discussion. I was just reading the thread about Presidential Penis, people speculating about who had the biggest penis in the White House. I was surprised that some said they thought Bush was sexy. There was even one guy who claimed to have seen him naked back when he was in Dallas, at some health club or something.

GW Bush is not my type, I do not find him attractive. Even if that drunken, jungle fever, cheerleader were not President and had not systematically chosen to destroy this country and others via war, No Child Left Behind, The Debacle known as Hurricane Katrina Relief, avenging his father by going after Saddam Hossein, etc. etc. I would still not find him attractive.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The reason we marched in was not true and even the administration has said they were wrong. Now we are committed to a war that really never should have been. I support the Iraqi people having their freedom, I support the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden being brought to task, I support our troops who are doing their jobs.

I do not however support a war that is being waged based on what can at best be called overblown ego and a very flawed intelligence gathering effort.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Out of Rosie's mouth? Boy are you an idiot. Everyone in every other country on earth knows what's really going on and how many people have died. People in this country are so isolated from what is going on.

How are we isolated? Where is the proof that all these people have died?

The soldiers in Iraq are protecting nothing but oil for the wealthy of this nation.

It is not and never was a war about oil. If that were true we wouldn't be paying top dollar for fuel. Iraq is currently #6 for crude oil, and #7 for petroleum.

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

But enjoy their deaths. it seems to be what America and people who support the war want. A sort of Christ complex thing going on in this country. "They died for your (lack of patriotism)."

That's totally false and a warped thought if ever I heard one.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Straight out of Rosie O'Donnell's mouth. Where is the proof of tens of thousand or hundreds of thousands dead?
How are we isolated? Where is the proof that all these people have died?
In a question and answer period after a speech in December 2005, President George W. Bush gave an estimate of civilian deaths, stating “30,000 [Iraqi civilians], more or less, have died as a result of the initial incursion and the ongoing violence against Iraqis". That was two years ago.

Here's what the Congressional Research Service has to say. "While it's impossible to accurately count the deaths, most estimates place the numbers in the tens of thousands at least."

What is your point of denying it? Can you prove that there is no proof?

It is not and never was a war about oil. If that were true we wouldn't be paying top dollar for fuel. Iraq is currently #6 for crude oil, and #7 for petroleum.
Huh??? Don't tell me the US would have invaded Iraq if its chief export was fava beans.

Alan Greenspan wrote in his memoir [SIZE=-1]"I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil."[/SIZE]

D

deleted136887

State of denial:
So the war is not about oil?
jeez, here I thought (and most of the world) it was. silly me. It was all about WMD's!!!! But that naughty Saddam guy hid them away!! And now he can't tell us where they are 'cos Georgie's mates lynched him!
Also no civilians are getting killed by the nice US troops, 'cos they be bringing DEMOCRACY to these backward bastards out there in the desert.
So all is well with the world.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What was it about? And don't say, "WMDs" or "freeing the Iraqi people" because we all know that's BS now.

"He tried to kill my fatha'" is an acceptable answer, though.

We did free the people and we did kill Saddam. And if I were president I would probably have the person killed who tried to kill my father. :tongue:

Alan Greenspan wrote in his memoir [SIZE=-1]"I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil."[/SIZE]

Why aren't we getting any oil? Why are prices so high? Why isn't Iraq our top importer?

It's amazing how far some people will go to deny the obvious. But I suppose everyone just wants to be a hero. Yipee! Go get killed.

Yeah, whatever!

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"millions of dead motherfuckers ... all because 'God' told them to go to war." (George Carlin) "

They'd all be dead by now anyway.