antidepressants and your penis.

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Onizuka0, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Onizuka0

Onizuka0 New Member

Hey all, not sure if there's already a thread for this but has anyone ever came too quick or didn't cum at all while on an antidepressant? Any other unusual happenings?

I took pristiq and couldn't cum for about an hour -2 hours. But, my doctor switched me to wellbutrin XL and I can't last 2 minutes.

I now have to go to the doctor today and tell him about this. Hopefully there's some kind of remedy.

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

3. Onizuka0

Onizuka0 New Member

Thank you so much!

4. uncutblond34

uncutblond34 Member

Albums:
    I've taken wellbutrin for a couple years now ( not clinical depression, but some other minor health issues... it keeps me from being so "blah") this stuff is awesome ! I feel good, repeated erections, hours of edging......and the orgasms are just gut wrenching. Do some edging and get used to the sensations, when to back of stimulation, etc...I relaize everyone is different, but, if you're lucky enough to have similar reactions as I do, you'll LOVE being on it long term..

5. Onizuka0

Onizuka0 New Member

Well. The doctor put me on prozac. I listed all the problems I was having and I'll see how this goes!

6. BIGMIKE

BIGMIKE Member

I am currently taking Prozac also. I just got married last month and we have been having sex once, sometimes twice a day. One big thing I notice is that there are times that I cannot cum. If I wait for a couple days, I do cum and it is intense and amazing! Any advice on making me more sensitive?

7. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeh prozac makes me less sensitive and much more difficult to cum. I almost always can - but it involves a lot of tensing of muscles, lol. :p

8. lowhangers23

lowhangers23 New Member

I have been taking Wellbutrin XL(sounds like for similar reasons) for around 3 months now and i've the same results as you, were as before i was on any a.d. my erections were very hard and i could go 4-5 days without cumming(which is very odd for me) then i started taking celexa and it would take me 1-2 hours of nonstop jerking/ fucking to cum and when i did it wasnt as good as it should be. i also had a really bad problem with massive amounts of precum(which ive always been a bit of a precummer) It took me about 2-4 weeks to recover from the celexa.

If your having problems with your current a.d. talk to your dr... there are so many out on the market now a days you could try others. thats what i did and i couldnt be happier

9. chesschess

chesschess Active Member

I was on Prozac for a while and it did take longer to cum, erection was no problem, just slower to cum, which we actually didn't consider a bad thing, overall. But then when all the flack occurred over Prozac I was switched to Wellbutrin and I took that for many years. But my family started complaining about how irritable and short-tempered I was to the point I ready to go to therapy to find out what was bothering me. On a hunch, I went back to the doctor and talked to him about it and found out Wellbutrin is what the medical profession considers an 'agitator' - not only does it help slow the uptake of Seratonin but it also 'agitates' your system to try to counteract the feelings of depression. Also, for years I dealt with a bad problem with insomnia and it turns out that was a result of the agitating of the wellbutrin. I was switched to what the profession considers a 'calming' antidepressant and cannot believe how much better I feel without all of the other issues, including the insomnia, which is gone gone gone. I think it still slows me from cumming, but again, we don't necessarily consider that a bad thing.

10. CobraLover

CobraLover Member

Albums:
    Interesting and helpful posts in this thread, and I always appreciate reading when people are honest about taking medications for depression, and not being ashamed, but posting so that we can share experiences and problems. I'm now taking a low dose of both Celexa and Wellbutrin, and it is working for me. I can relate to the previous posters in this thread. Celexa is a good calming antidepressant and definitely has helped me, but the sexual side effects were hard to tolerate. Wellbutrin isn't an SSRI, and when it was added to my regimen, I've found that I feel less 'blah' and numb to feelings, but also happier and the sexual side effects of the Celexa have subsided. However, I do have some feelings of anxiety and problems with insomnia. So I am now also taking Geodon. The combination is working for me. I haven't had any problems with weight gain, moodiness, fatigue, or constipation, which I was told might happen.

11. bostonguy1

bostonguy1 New Member

I've played the roulette wheel with almost of all of them.. Only problems I had were on Zoloft.. But it also didn't work anyway, so I didn't stay on it that long.

12. anoushka

anoushka Member

Albums:
    SSRIs made me take two to three times as long to cum and when I did it felt like a nearly unbearable tickle sensation. Normally there would be a linear rise to the top but on the SSRIS it took 3/4 of the time to get the first 1/4 of the job done and then the other 3/4 of the build was in the last 1/4 of the time = no fun. They didn't work for the mood either. Overall a disaster.

Wellbutrin/bupropion has been gold. Works for the mood and either doesn't affect me sexually or actually enhances things a little.

13. dickinchalotta

Albums:
    I've been taking 50mg of Pristiq for the past 1 1/2 years, after being on Zoloft (and its generic "Sertraline") for 6 years.

The sexual side effects from Pristiq have been quite noticeable. It took much longer for me to finish and I was having inconsistent erections, going from hard to soft and back several times throughout the sesh. When having just a few drinks, it was very difficult to get hard, making for a "whiskey dick" situation when not even drunk.

Been weaning off Pristiq the past 2 weeks, under doctor's supervision and advice, and I'm noticing a major difference. The sensation is back, making sex much more enjoyable. Hoping to have it out of my system for good very soon.

14. Frnkd213

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    initially I was on Celexa, damn cumming was a major undertaking, you can only squeeze your ass so much, your right hand and your left hand, lube the works, after about an hour, finally, Before that I could cum easily in 4-5 min or less if Im super excited. And I hadn't heard of edgeing so this was not a welcome thing. Aslo sweat like a pig. Sexy very sexy, not. changed to Welbutrin, everything back to normal.

15. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Interesting info about Welbutrin (agitator) and Celexa (calming). Hadn't heard much about them before.

Will prolly stick with Prozac for the mo, but the delayed cumming is slightly annoying. Makes edging kinda impossible (or less enjoyable, at least).

16. danjs584

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have taken Celexa and Effexor in the past. With both I still got horny and hard but the problem was with orgasm. With celexa it would take about an hour of rough sex or half an hour of fast moving masturbation to achieve a pretty shitty orgasm. With effexor, the timing was about the same, but it was a least a lot more enjoyable while masturbating/having sex and once the orgasm came it was normally a phenomenal, whole-body, moaning orgasm that made it worth the wait. I don't have a psychiatrist right now but once I get a new one I would like to try Wellbutrin since I've heard mostly positive reviews. :)

17. D_Johnson Withernads

Have been on fluoxetine (Prozac) very briefly. Would drive me crazy trying to cum, so much so that I'd often just give up trying.

On a side note I occasionally take Tramadol as a painkiller for old medical injuries. This also makes me last much longer, sometimes to the point of giving up trying. And you get really hot and sweat, especially living in the tropics!

Of course, I'm only speaking for myself here...

18. billyk

billyk New Member

I've been on Pristiq and it took so long to come I would sometimes fake it just to stop the misery. It's often no better when masturbating.

19. henry8888

henry8888 Member

Albums:
    i was on citalopram a few years ago and it killed my sex drive so i stopped taking it.Im currently taking Valdoxan (agomelatine) which is from a different "family" , and you arnt suppose to get any sexual side effects.Ive been taking them a week and havent noticed anything yet so i hope it stays like this.

#19 henry8888, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  20. rtg

rtg
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well I don't have a penis...but I've been on Cymbalta (fluoexitine) for a couple of years now and yes it affects my sex drive and my ability to orgasm (but not all the time). Pretty damn annoying.

Draft saved Draft deleted