Antigun lobby calls for Starbucks boycott:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BUSTERHYMAN, Jan 25, 2012.

1. BUSTERHYMAN

Gold Member

Antigun lobby calls for Starbucks boycott: "An anti-gun group is attempting to organize a nationwide Valentine's Day boycott of Starbucks over the coffee chain's gun policy. Starbucks does not ban guns in its stores; rather, it defers to local laws. The National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC) says that amounts to a pro-gun policy that endangers customers."

2. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

I live in a state that is very pro gun. I am in a farming and ranching community and it is common to see people in the feed and tack stores wearing guns in holsters that are not toys.

By State law, guns are not allowed in banks, schools, places of worship, or in any business that has a posted sign on the door prohibiting them by their policy or that of their parent corporation (Wal-Mart) is one that also prohibits guns.

Kids here take a basic "gun ed" telling them what not to do towards the end of elementary school and all have to pass "Hunters Ed." in order to be granted a hunting license. Kids can take "Hunters Ed." starting at age 12. My Father-In-Law is a State Certified Instructor for this.

In the areas where use of a side-arm is common to deal with predators and vermin on ranches nobody thinks anything of it.

Starbucks is doing really well in many of the Southwestern States and in ranching areas. The guys go in and get themselves something special going to and from the businesses that cater to their business which is ranching.

I normally do not take sides all that much on issues like this but on February 14th I think I will take a run over to my local Starbucks for a treat! I deserve it and so do they!

3. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is just dumb.

I don't own a gun. I will likely never own a gun. I DO believe that guns should be regulated. However, if there's no law against carrying a gun into a business in your state, then there's no law. End of story. No need to protest a business for following the law.

4. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Starbucks is going to have more customers on the 14th because of this lol

Draft saved Draft deleted