Antiviral sex gel

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does anybody know anything about this? I just heard of this? Does anyone use an antiviral sex gel when having sex? Please educate us. :smile:

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i have heard about it but im sorry to say i dont know much more than you do it seems? im assuming that you have had a look on google and the like and found nothing or was this your first attempt at an answer?

whattheduck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
there's an article about it in the September 2008 edition of the U.S. "GQ" magazine. in a nutshell, it's not very effective. condoms are your best bet.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
there's an article about it in the September 2008 edition of the U.S. "GQ" magazine. in a nutshell, it's not very effective. condoms are your best bet.
Yeah, but you could use it in addition to condoms, and HPV and herpes can spread even with condoms from the surrounding skin.

To be honest I didn't spend much time searching. I was curious to see if many people use something like this. And I'm always interested in safe sex topics.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There used to be a product called 'averogel', not sure of spelling, created/sold by a sex institute in San Francisco. I think Susan Block was somehow involved with it.

Anyway, the product was supposed to prevent STD infection, particularly HIV, as it was a chemoprophylactic with nonoxynol 14, I think, and touted as a liquid condom. It was available from the early 1990s on. That's the only one I am aware of being available for purchase.