Antiviral sex gel

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Jovial, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Does anybody know anything about this? I just heard of this? Does anyone use an antiviral sex gel when having sex? Please educate us. :smile:

2. Beanie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i have heard about it but im sorry to say i dont know much more than you do it seems? im assuming that you have had a look on google and the like and found nothing or was this your first attempt at an answer?

3. Principessa

Gold Member

4. whattheduck

whattheduck New Member

there's an article about it in the September 2008 edition of the U.S. "GQ" magazine. in a nutshell, it's not very effective. condoms are your best bet.

5. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, but you could use it in addition to condoms, and HPV and herpes can spread even with condoms from the surrounding skin.

To be honest I didn't spend much time searching. I was curious to see if many people use something like this. And I'm always interested in safe sex topics.

6. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

There used to be a product called 'averogel', not sure of spelling, created/sold by a sex institute in San Francisco. I think Susan Block was somehow involved with it.

Anyway, the product was supposed to prevent STD infection, particularly HIV, as it was a chemoprophylactic with nonoxynol 14, I think, and touted as a liquid condom. It was available from the early 1990s on. That's the only one I am aware of being available for purchase.

Draft saved Draft deleted