ANTS!!!!!!

I walked into the kitchen just now and the counter was INFESTED with tiny little black ants!! They're in the sink, in the stove, under the dish drainer, IN the dish drainer, crawling up my leg, all over the floor, they even took down a little moth and were dismembering it!!

WHAT are they eating?? Everything is sealed to prevent precisely this problem. The counters are wiped, there were no dishes in the sink or anything.

I am SOOO pissed off and they're going to get worse. I've heard using Terro is best for them because Terro don't kill on contact. The ants carry it back to the nest to distribute among all the ants hidden away. Right now they're confined to a corner between the stove and the sink and the floor in that area but I know they'll spread. Is there anything I can do tonight?

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
omg i hate ants too!!!!!!!!!!! every friggin summer the ants come crawling back into the kitchen, the bathroom, the living area, and everywhere else they want. and what's gross is they get all over everything!! it's sooo annoying. it's gotten to the point where i'm just going to fucking fumigate my place.

I want to avoid any poisons that the dogs might get into.

These things are voracious. Apparently they can live off of dust. Shit.

Thanks for the reply before leaving Stacy. I appreciate it. Sorry to see you go :frown1:.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They may be looking for water not food. Sounds crazy but it actually happens after heavy rains.

Get the kind of ant trap that they crawl into, but don't crawl out. - You do not want to see little dead ant carcasses all over the place if they don't make it back to their nest.

Look for any cracks or spaces in molding or baseboards. Seal with a hot glue gun. It's clear and works like a charm.

20 Mule Team Borax - Sprinkle this wherever you see ,or think they may go. They walk in it and it dehydrates them and they die.

blar

Experimental Member
Media
those raid ant baits work well

they get the posion within it and carry it to their nest and it kills them off

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
They may be looking for water not food. Sounds crazy but it actually happens after heavy rains.

Get the kind of ant trap that they crawl into, but don't crawl out. - You do not want to see little dead ant carcasses all over the place if they don't make it back to their nest.

Look for any cracks or spaces in molding or baseboards. Seal with a hot glue gun. It's clear and works like a charm.

20 Mule Team Borax - Sprinkle this wherever you see ,or think they may go. They walk in it and it dehydrates them and they die.

oohhhhh all great ideas! i heard squeezing fresh lemon juice to ant infested areas work too. do you know if it's true?

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
NJQT is right... they are looking for water... and often find food as a result of looking for water.

to kill ANY kind of insect instantly and without using poisons... douse them with soapy water... Like a very weak solution of Dawn dishwashing liquid and water.

Dishwashing liquid is a Surfactant... lowering the surface tension of water which causes it to sheet rather than bead.

Insects do not have lungs, but breathe thru pores in their bodies... normally water is kept out of these pores by tiny hairs... but soapy water soaks RIGHT in suffocating them instantly.

If you can find the nest... chances are it is within a few inches of the outside foundation of your building... Dump about 5 gallons of soapy water on the ground and that will generally kill every single ant, including the queen.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Bad luck Jason, it ain't nice having an infestation. Last year I had an infestation of flying tiny moth like bugs...they were everywhere. I had to use a bug kill spray....

The next day, gloating over my gory victory, I was making a sandwich....a maggot fell into it. I looked up and noticed that there were about 20 of these white slimy things crawling along my ceiling, another day, another gross out. At this point I really freaked and as I couldn't touch them I used a spray can of furniture polish, lit it, and flame torched the little fuckers.

They kept coming, fucking really gross, just seeing them made the appetite ghost. Eventually, we discovered that they were coming in through a cupboard from the upstairs flat, the guy was really embarrassed, and had TONS of these flying things zipping about. It was an old box of cereal...not touched for what looked like years, in one of his floor units...above my kitchen.

So, LPSGers, please remember to clean out your cupboards!!

Apart from that Jason, apparentely, if you mix one part washing up liquid with one part vinegar, this should do the trick, and shouldn't harm your pets...

And like the lovely lady above suggested, get a sealant and seal any cracks..(something which I am sure you are very adept at doing :laughing:).

The best of British to you sir.

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Certainly not a pleasant situation to be in, I had a problem with flying ants every summer. uuugh

I heard if you draw a line around your house with chalk then the ants will not cross it. Maybe worth a try if all else fails.

May the force be with be with you

Smartalk

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I walked into the kitchen just now and the counter was INFESTED with tiny little black ants!! They're in the sink, in the stove, under the dish drainer, IN the dish drainer, crawling up my leg, all over the floor, they even took down a little moth and were dismembering it!!

WHAT are they eating?? Everything is sealed to prevent precisely this problem. The counters are wiped, there were no dishes in the sink or anything.

I am SOOO pissed off and they're going to get worse. I've heard using Terro is best for them because Terro don't kill on contact. The ants carry it back to the nest to distribute among all the ants hidden away. Right now they're confined to a corner between the stove and the sink and the floor in that area but I know they'll spread. Is there anything I can do tonight?

Jason, don't get all worked up over this. Relax. There are two other options you could try instead of Terro. Since they are confined to a small area at this point, you could rush down to your local zoo and borrow their South American anteater. Keep in mind this animal weighs roughly 100+ lbs. and has a notoriously bad temper. So there may be some transportation problems on your side.
Option #2- Depending on the size of your apartment or domicile, one to two gallons of lead-free gasoline ( no lead to adversely impact on the environment) and a match. I would suggest getting all your personal belongings out of the place, prior to striking said match. That's just a suggestion.
I'd probably go with the Terro, but now you have choices.
Good Luck, bro. :tongue:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We are having the same problem here and so are most of the neighbours. We've bought some powder called Nippon which they take back to the nest and it destroys it. They seem to be reducing.

We are like you and keep all food stuff sealed. The work surfaces in the kitchen are kept completely crumb free.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My mother in law says for you to go to the store and puchase Boric Acid and put it out on your counters where the ants can walk through it and get it on their feet. You can get it at the local grocery store. It is cheap and it works. I would try this before I would go spend a lot of money having my house exterminated.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had the same problem in a house I lived in a couple of years ago. Ant bait never worked; they didn't seem to go for it. I didn't try Terro, though, I used Raid or something like that--whatever they had at the grocery store. You could still try it, though. Maybe you have a different species.

I found this YouTube video of ants going for Terro bait.
YouTube - Terro Ant Killer - Liquid Ant Baits.. Demo

And this guy uses maple syrup and 20 Mule Borax.
YouTube - how to kill ants : )

Orange Guard is a safe, organic, contact killer, but won't get rid of the colony, so it should be used as part of a 2-step approach.
Orange Guard

Until you can get some Terro or Borax or Orange Guard, or whatever you decide to use, one thing you can probably do right now is put some cucumber slices (on a little piece of aluminum foil) around your kitchen, and to stick mint leaves, bay leaves, and garlic cloves into any cracks. Ants don't like them and will avoid them. Other things you can use include lemon juice, mint tea, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, coffee grounds, and citrus oil. Unfortunately, you have to replace this stuff frequently.

Natural Insect Pest Control

I wonder how ants react to cum...I wonder...

Next time you jerk off, take the cum and drip it around an ant hill (or some other place where you see a lot of insects). Then check back a while later and see what happens. Are they ignoring it, actively avoiding it, or all over it? Go on, I dare you.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ahh... We call those "Piss Ants" up here.

I like using Diazanon. It's been banned, but I bought up a shitload before it happened. Works great.

Straight Aspartame (You know..whats in diet pop) is said to work good too.

There's a nest nearby. You gotta find it. It could also be in the siding of the house, if there are tall weeds that haven't been trimmed.

My personal choice, is if it is away from the house, dig with a shovel down a bit into the nest. Flood it with gasoline, light it, then throw a M80 in the hole. A half stick of dynomite works good too...but may pop windows nearby. The fire burns their legs off, and the concussion collapses the entire nest.
Burn the bitches out.

If its nearby, I lay a thick layer of Diazanon or Heavy Duty granular ant killer around the perimeter of the entire house. Within a day, they're moving quickly.

Last edited:

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Terro works great, I've used it several times and they're gone in no time.