ANTS!!!!!!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ahh... We call those "Piss Ants" up here.

I like using Diazanon. It's been banned, but I bought up a shitload before it happened. Works great.

Straight Aspartame (You know..whats in diet pop) is said to work good too.

There's a nest nearby. You gotta find it. It could also be in the siding of the house, if there are tall weeds that haven't been trimmed.

My personal choice, is if it is away from the house, dig with a shovel down a bit into the nest. Flood it with gasoline, light it, then throw a M80 in the hole. A half stick of dynomite works good too...but may pop windows nearby. The fire burns their legs off, and the concussion collapses the entire nest.
Burn the bitches out.

If its nearby, I lay a thick layer of Diazanon or Heavy Duty granular ant killer around the perimeter of the entire house. Within a day, they're moving quickly.

Hey don't hold back :wink:

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I say fuck it...you some got damn roach raid. I use whatever I can get my hands on. I grabbed wasp and hornet raid for a spider. I don't care. Now that i'm thinking about it....why do we have wasp and hornet raid? :dunno:We don't have wasps and hornets around my neigborhood

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, how is the ant situation? What did you decide to do? I am serious about the Boric Acid. Look it up on the Internet. I did. From what I read it is one of the cheapest and safest ways to go. It can be used around babies.

Good luck!

Thanks all!

Today I went to the city and didn't get home until late so I couldn't get to the store. I don't keep cucumbers in my house because I hate cucumbers. Pickles are fine, just not cucumbers.

I came into the kitchen, flicked on the light and there on the counter were a small army of tiny ants which killed and then dragged a doomed ladybird beetle down to their lair. Last night it was a moth, tonight it's a beetle, tomorrow it could be my dog or even me!

I'm glad I watched the sacrificial procession because I now know where the entrance to their main lair is!

You were all right about the moisture. A tiny puddle of sweetened iced tea drew a tight ring of them so I wager the Terro is going to work. It actually has borax in it. I don't want to kill them outright. I want them to bring that stuff back to the nest to poison all of them from the inside out. After the Terro I'll use the homemade spray mixtures.

I'm going to get some tomorrow. Apparently I only have a few days before they start satellite colonies. These ants are, sadly, cooperative. They don't attack members of other colonies so they ALL work together to take over the world.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, Jas dahlink, at least the ants are not in your pants!

-------

Terro makes FANTASTIC ant poison, and I've used their product in several different houses to eliminate ant infestations in less than 24 hours.

HOWEVER, their product only works on sweet-eating ants.

Put out a couple drops of honey (or sugar) and a couple drops of peanut butter.

If the ants swarm the honey, then run -- don't walk -- to your nearest hardware store and stock up on this Terro product. It works like magic, and your pets won't be disturbed at all.

If the ants swarm the peanut butter, then I don't have a recommendation for you. Haven't found a good product for that type of ant yet.

Good luck!