Any Al gore Kook Aid drinkers still believe in Global Warming?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_Landrocke DeLonguepiece III, Oct 13, 2009.

1. D_Landrocke DeLonguepiece III

2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Any forum trolls actually scroll through a page or two of older threads, if not perform a search?

This one was on page 2.

3. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    I just watched Penn and Teller's Bullshit on the green movement, it was entertaining. They had a couple people basically say how 97% of Carbon Dioxide emissions are caused naturally, and we cause 3%. If CO2 is causing global warming, we're barely to blame. Furthermore, companies are trying to profit on this by selling carbon credits, which are a scam and a half. It was compared to indulgences by the Christians back in the day, pay to have your sins absolved, that sort of thing.

Personally, global warming is barely even an issue to me. There's a million other things I will worry about before that. I think it's great to try to make renewable energy, and to be cleaner and to damage the environment less. However this global psychosis is a bit overblown. The "Ice Age" freakout 30 or so years ago was almost identical to this as well.

Not to mention that Gore is a hypocrite who uses more energy than 10 people, and buys carbon credits from HIMSELF to make up for it. What a joke.

4. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    A. Nowhere in that article was Al Gore mentioned.

B. I have to wonder if the OP read the whole article. The second half of which presented the case for human influenced climate change.

The piece concludes, "One thing is for sure. It seems the debate about what is causing global warming is far from over. Indeed some would say it is hotting up."

Typical.

5. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Don't forget that hole in the ozone layer that has since closed itself up. Hmmmmm............wonder why one never hears about that anymore. Maybe because it's a natural thing that does it on it's own? How convenient that "global warming" took it's place.

Last November the global warming kooks were super quick to point out that global warming was the cause for ice and sleet in Houston and Beaumont. What they failed to tell you is that it always happens about once every 10-15 years or so. I can also remember when San Antonio and Austin iced over big time. That was BEFORE all the global warming BS.

And if carbon dioxide is so incredibly bad, then WHY is it in all the soft drinks that we drink? WHY are they wanting to put CO2 compressors on cars? Wouldn't that cause a problem when the car gets wrecked or recharged? And since it takes Considerably MORE fuel to run a Co2 compressor, isn't that even more damaging for the environment? What about every time a mammal exhales? CO2 is released continuously.

So if we stop all CO2 emissions altogether, what happens to all the plants and trees that need it? Our crops will suffer big time, you will all starve, famine will be rampant everywhere. Sounds like global browning to me. Trees and plants need CO2 and without it, they go away. So do we. Seems to make sense in some sort of twisted way that if that happens, whoever controls the food controls YOU.

6. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Mercyfulfate never once stated that Al Gore was mentioned in that article. Where you assumed that is beyond me. He is right in citing that Al Gore does exactly that.

And the case for human influenced climate change is only 3%. Barely enough to make plants grow well.

And it only said the debate is hotting up. NOT the climate.

7. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ozone depletion resulted from the massive diffusion of cfc's (chlorofluorocarbons) which saturated the atmosphere with chlorine. People thought cfc's were safe (hence their widespread use in aerosols, etc.) until the ozone layer developed a hole.

Since the emission of cfc's has been heavily restricted, the ozone hole has repaired itself. So your attempt to attack the theory of climate change/global warming instead has provided a perfect example of a human contribution to environmental crisis that has since been rectified by a change in human activity.

The Ozone Hole-Chlorofluorocarbons or CFCs

CFCs and Ozone Depletion

8. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    Did you not read my post? I'm talking about the Penn and Teller episode.

9. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Hahaha OWNED

10. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

a large part of the earth has been getting warmer and drier

the trend is obvious when you look at the newer species of plants that have evolved -- think of that time-scale

which is not to say, that human activity has had no impact

there clearly is a question of impact, and to what degree, and as to permanence, but the impact is more than likely synergistic

11. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

There was no such freakout.
    There was mention of the possibity of a new ice age coming in several thousand years. Nothing like the far shorter time line that climate scientists are predicting for global warming. And it was the view of a minority of climate scientists, most of whom found the data insufficient to make predictions ... nothing like the overwhelming consensus that exists among climate scientists today that very dangerous warming is occurring now.
    I don't blame you for mentioning it, because it's mentioned so often as an example of fatuous alarmism from the past that it seems true.
    But it isn't.

Well, I suppose you have a right to be bothered by that.
    But what does his behavior in his own life have to do with the truth of his warnings?
    Nada, I would say

12. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    True enough, but when he's running around the world trying to get people to change and he doesn't even practice what he preaches, who should listen to him?

13. rubirosa

rubirosa Active Member

Could it be that Al Gore's bank account is finally " COOLING " down?

14. lucky8

Gold Member

Kool-Aid: cheap, easy to make, and it tastes great. Awesome drink...especially the Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade, nothing beats it for the price

15. sargon20

Gold Member

Nevermind

16. Stretch

Stretch New Member

17. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The ozone hole hasn't "closed itself up," EC. Ozone thinning or complete holes still occur over both poles at sporadic intervals related to stratospheric temperature fluctuations. The thinning occurs in cycles that were shown to be much worsened by human use of CFCs.

Refined sugar is incredibly bad for human bodies. WHY is it still put in all kinds of foods and drinks? Because consumers like it.

Natural production of CO2 continues.

18. sargon20

Gold Member

19. JustAsking

Gold Member

So let me see if I have this right. Your point is that Al Gore's excessive energy consumption proves that climate change is false?

20. JustAsking

Gold Member

Doug,
    First let me see if I have your logic right. Thousands of scientists around the world have issued warnings about Anthropogenic Global Warming over the next few hundred years. Every climate science organization around the world agrees, and scientists from a large number of countries have issued formal warnings in the form of IPCC reports for decades.

And your theory is that Al Gore is behind all of this. Is that right?

Ok, next. I wonder if you actually read the article. Because if you did, you could not possibly have thought it was any kind of refutation of anthropogenic global warming.

Draft saved Draft deleted