Any Al gore Kook Aid drinkers still believe in Global Warming?

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Regardless of the effect on the climate, I still can't see why anyone wants a "carbon tax" or the cap and trade system.

The carbon tax would be so damaging to people, especially small businesses, farmers and the like, it would be wrong beyond belief.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/15/taking_liberties/entry5314040.shtml

Study says it can cost people nearly $2,000 more a year, the equivalent to raising Income taxes 15%.

Ouch.

Last edited:

I agree. We're getting taxed for recycling, buying Priuses, insulating our homes, catalyzing our cars, putting scrubbers on our coal plants, and meanwhile shit like this goes on unabated in China. Fuck that. I won't produce in my lifetime what some of these places produce in one day.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh you geniuses are all correct!!!!

Let's just say fuck it and destroy the earth as fast as we can right?

:confused:

Mother Nature wants to kick you all straight in the cunt, you know that right?

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh you geniuses are all correct!!!!

Let's just say fuck it and destroy the earth as fast as we can right?

:confused:

Mother Nature wants to kick you all straight in the cunt, you know that right?

Your response makes no sense to what I said, that's for sure.

Silly me for wanting to talk about an issue without hyperbole and ad hominem attacks on a penis website, eh?

Last edited:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Regardless of the effect on the climate, I still can't see why anyone wants a "carbon tax" or the cap and trade system.

The carbon tax would be so damaging to people, especially small businesses, farmers and the like, it would be wrong beyond belief.

Obama Admin: Cap And Trade Could Cost Families $1,761 A Year - Taking Liberties - CBS News

Study says it can cost people nearly $2,000 more a year, the equivalent to raising Income taxes 15%.

Ouch.

Yes, I am much less informed about what might be the best solutions, for example Cap and Trade. But I do know that there is an environmental cost to energy we consume depending on the form through which we consume it. And for a long time, we have been deferring that cost to the future where after a while it might have permanent affects.

Keep in mind that most of the pollution abatement technology over the last 50 years has been all about decreasing other things besides CO2. They were necessary and they have improved a lot of things, but not that particular problem.

B_Enough_for_Me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You are totally correct. The mainstream scientific community is also manipulating the public directly into supporting such things as the Medical Science, Quantum mechanics, Newtonian Physics (when things are not relativisitic), Relativity, Maxwell's Equations, Statistical Mechanics, Plate Tektonics, Evolution, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Meteorology, Astronomy, and many other fields in which they do their job and inform the public.

It's called public education. I am not sure what your point is.
My point, is obvious. Man-made Global Warming is no where near as tested, understood, or studied as medical science. Your is a blight on your integrity.

You know full well that scientist are pushing on both sides. Didn't I just post an article that disproved what many scientist have been thinking? Scientists aren't some great race of people immune from political/social pressure. Stop acting like they are. Your science is "good" and "true" so long as it's yours; we call that a 'hack'.

B_Enough_for_Me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You seem to have little understanding of what science is or how the scientific process works. You are arguing that 2+2=7 because you want it to not be true that 2+2=4.
Must have taken a grand math wizard to come up with your bunk 2+2=4 analogy. Good one.

I'm not arguing 2+2=4, your analogy is far too simplistic for me (I'm sure you can fit in a predictable retort here).

If you want to argue science, you're going to have to prove to a room full of mathematicians why you believe 2+2=7. When I say, "prove," that means you can argue more artfully than Daniel Webster, more wittily than Oscar Wilde, and more passionately than Pocahontas, but it won't change a thing unless you have empirical proof that the currently accepted theory that 2+2=4 is incorrect.
That's all good and fine.

Do you have such proof?
OK, here's the problem. We found it at last!

You start at the premise that your 4 is the correct 4. Of course, your 4 is based on climate models; which are disproven as regularly as the tides. But that's ok JA has some mysterious subtleties to handle that. Otherwise anyone who wants to disagree has to start by disproving your 4, which is as good as anyone else's 4, and just as made up as their 4. Your 4 is no basis. It isn't some starting point from which all must spawn.

The real problem is this: we don't have the whole story on GW. Nobody does. Especially not a bunch of guys on a big dick forum. Don't act like the science is settled, it's not. So, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. You wait (like you have a choice), we'll see new and better theories, better predictions, and a better understanding. If you were in control we'd just live in the dark ages with your "science", anything that disagreed with the high lord Global Warming would be blasphemy, punishable by death.

If you were in control we'd just live in the dark ages with your "science", anything that disagreed with the high lord Global Warming would be blasphemy, punishable by death.

:chairfall:

Yeah, science was the cause of the Dark Ages.... you go right on thinking that.

Though I do like that thing about blasphemy punishable by death. Ah the good old Dark Ages!

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

Obama Admin: Cap And Trade Could Cost Families $1,761 A Year - Taking Liberties - CBS News

Ouch.

Either way, I anxiously await the day our streets are paved with solar panels.

Hey, it's one way to spend 100 grand. :cool:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My point, is obvious. Man-made Global Warming is no where near as tested, understood, or studied as medical science. Your is a blight on your integrity.

You know full well that scientist are pushing on both sides. Didn't I just post an article that disproved what many scientist have been thinking? Scientists aren't some great race of people immune from political/social pressure. Stop acting like they are. Your science is "good" and "true" so long as it's yours; we call that a 'hack'.

True scientists are generally immune to "political/social pressure". The problem is that as a layman, you are not equipped to assess which science is flawed and which is not.

Again, I mention Pascal's Wager. And again, I expect no response.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Some of the world will actually be colder as ocean circulation slows down due to fresh water flowing into it from the melting ice sheets. Specifically, Europe will be significantly colder, as it is currently warmed by Atlantic circulation which will slow down dramatically as the Greenland ice sheet falls into the Atlantic.

So to call it "global warming" when some of the planet will end up colder is a misnomer.

Of course, I learned this by reading predictions based on what those "kooky scientists" who studied the effects of the melting of the British Ice Sheet historically observed. And we all know they're part of a massive conspiracy, right?

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Ozone depletion resulted from the massive diffusion of cfc's (chlorofluorocarbons) which saturated the atmosphere with chlorine. People thought cfc's were safe (hence their widespread use in aerosols, etc.) until the ozone layer developed a hole.

Since the emission of cfc's has been heavily restricted, the ozone hole has repaired itself. So your attempt to attack the theory of climate change/global warming instead has provided a perfect example of a human contribution to environmental crisis that has since been rectified by a change in human activity.

The Ozone Hole-Chlorofluorocarbons or CFCs

CFCs and Ozone Depletion

This reads like an campaign for Lovelock's Gaia Hypothesis. Shake some hands and kiss some babies.

I'm not a fan of lovelock's theories. I'm sure that the Earth can 'heal' herself to some extent, but the industrial explosion has caused far too much change in far too little time.

I remember running the "poppy" model in SimEarth and it all seemed too simplistic.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This reads like an campaign for Lovelock's Gaia Hypothesis. Shake some hands and kiss some babies.

I'm not a fan of lovelock's theories. I'm sure that the Earth can 'heal' herself to some extent, but the industrial explosion has caused far too much change in far too little time.

I remember running the "poppy" model in SimEarth and it all seemed too simplistic.

Oookkaaaaayyyyyy.....

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I get all my factual information from youtube

Okay, Doug is it? Snide replies add nothing to the topic and do nothing to further the debate. Are you seriously trying to prop up your stance by denigrating the fact that the vid can be watched on youtube? Really? Did you even watch the vid? It's an extremely cogent presentation. It basically says that regardless of whether global warming is a real threat or not, isn't it better to err on the side of prudence. That, we as individuals, can each and all do small things to make the planet a better and safer place to live. If the threat is real then maybe we can help avert disaster. If not then we have, at the very least, done the right thing and our planet is a healthier and safer place for all of us and future generations.

Now Doug...what exactly is your problem with that factual information?

Last edited:

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
It basically says that regardless of whether global warming is a real threat or not, isn't it better to err on the side of prudence. That, we as individuals, can each all do small things to make the planet a better and safer place to live. If the threat is real then maybe we can help avert disaster. If not then we have, at the very least, done the right thing and our planet is a healthier and safer place for all of us and future generations.

That's what is so silly about these debates: who cares if CO2 isn't causing global warming? Who cares if fossil fuel combustion isn't causing global dimming? Pollution cannot be a good thing, so why not just stop it? As SilverTrain demonstrated, the Earth has a remarkable ability to adapt and recover.

Maybe fiscal conservatives don't want to spend billions of dollars cleaning up the 'Island of Garbage' that's twice the size of Texas; or on the Kyoto accord; or cleaning up space junk.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know full well that scientist are pushing on both sides.

That is a steaming pile of horseshit. 90% of the scientists that make it their passion to debunk global warming are all participating in research that is PAID by the same companies that would be regulated if the human race would ever grow some balls and call out the polluters and their scientific flunkies.

But go on and believe your bullshit if it helps you sleep better at night knowing that you are a tiny little soul who thirsts for prevarication.

B_Enough_for_Me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That is a steaming pile of horseshit. 90% of the scientists that make it their passion to debunk global warming are all participating in research that is PAID by the same companies that would be regulated if the human race would ever grow some balls and call out the polluters and their scientific flunkies.

But go on and believe your bullshit if it helps you sleep better at night knowing that you are a tiny little soul who thirsts for prevarication.
Oop, Tripod the racist moron pipes in.