Any athletes here?

D

deleted847535

Masters rower here
agree with everything you said. you can use the concept two to get fit and strong but it does not always translate to on the water success. but it is a good place to start if you can. legs body arms, arms body legs...

The Concept II is the standard, and the only one I've ever used. It approximates the physical part of rowing pretty well in terms of the general movements and physical demands. However, it's probably impossible for a dry-land machine to match the on-the-water experience that necessitates balance and technique.

You can learn a lot of technique on a C2, but you can also use shitty technique and still get a hard workout. If you have shitty technique on the water you won't get a good workout, you'll just get frustrated

anarcy

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I play competitive basketball- 6'2" 185 31yo can almost dunk.. which has always been a goal. I can get up and slide the ball in, but can't throw it down,yet . I play big, down low, because I love the physicality.

I played community college tennis, and golf. Also 15 years of baseball in my youth. I love sports, and use bodybuilding/weight training to maintain an edge.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
High school....football wrestling track
College....football and track...actual scholoarship was track....but was just away a sneaking extra scholarship for D1 team....rarely won races in college...but didn't lose ether...100 200 400

After college mauy Thai...12 _4
Mma ....6 and 2....but that was back in the day when a small amount of bjj was like voodoo magic

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Kool kool me too.
I saw you train at neutral grounds that a good place too. I started in 93 at the academy then went to Joe morreara then machado now I and doing more catch wrestling.

I have trained bjj and catch wrestling....no expert in ether....however they seemed real similar....well the no gi stuff was

Only thing I saw was the catch guys were a little more dynamic and not at all afraid of turtle ing up.....bjj guys would "bake" an opponent more....where the catch guys would use movement movement movement

Might have been just difference in coaching...but would love to here YOUR opinion on differnces!!!!!

Oh and catch guys love da leg locks

Reactions: XXXWolverineXXX

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Oh also compete in strenght sports....highland...strongman...powerlifting......but compete is not really the word

I enter contest....cause it's fun....but I kinda suck at them.....

but my gf is a beast ...usually places...I started going with her to support her....but

Well guys are primadonnas....so I couldn't sit on sidelines

Reactions: livingthedream

XXXWolverineXXX

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have trained bjj and catch wrestling....no expert in ether....however they seemed real similar....well the no gi stuff was

Only thing I saw was the catch guys were a little more dynamic and not at all afraid of turtle ing up.....bjj guys would "bake" an opponent more....where the catch guys would use movement movement movement

Might have been just difference in coaching...but would love to here YOUR opinion on differnces!!!!!

Oh and catch guys love da leg locks
I agree with everything you just said plus catch guys are very good at takedowns.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
I play competitive basketball- 6'2" 185 31yo can almost dunk.. which has always been a goal. I can get up and slide the ball in, but can't throw it down,yet . I play big, down low, because I love the physicality.

I played community college tennis, and golf. Also 15 years of baseball in my youth. I love sports, and use bodybuilding/weight training to maintain an edge.
Get on it NOW...I dunked my first ball at 18...by 33 could only do the dreaded rub in....by 35....the rim might as well been the moon......I wasn't even close

Btw I'm only 5 10....so if I can...you can

Reactions: pappiepapie

I was on the college swim team and competed in athletics at national level as a junior. Still a good tennis player. My grandmother and great aunt were both tennis aces, they could really play.