any big black boys

Just a word of advice.

May want to ease up with the "boy" thing. That has unique connotations on the west side of the Atlantic that could be hazardous to your health.

err yeh what ever

I think you missed my point with regards to your use of the word "boy".

I know that there was no harm meant in your use of the word "boy", but I do not think you understand how out of context that can be taken by African-Americans in particular. It may not quite be the "N" word but at the wrong place and the wrong time it's just as bad.

The word itself was commonly used by racist whites in the US throughout times, up until and through the civil rights movement as a put down.

I am a Caucasian American, and have seen my share of blacks and whites beat the shit out of each other in no uncertain terms for this when nothing was meant by it or was taken out of context.

Bottom line is that best case I would hate to see a bunch of pissed off people flaming you for loose use of a word, or worse case you making the same mistake in the "real" world one day crossing paths some African-American guy that may have had a really bad day and decide to take it out on you.

Best of luck.

Boy is also a very offensive term here in Africa. But I'm sure any sensible black person can tell there was no harm in bottom87's post.

It's not always a sensible world that we live in.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
While "boy" in certain situations, settings, and in certain contexts is indeed offensive, I didn't get the sense that it (the negative connotation) applied in this thread, especially in this particular context.

I personally took it to mean very young black guys (which, of course, is why I ignored it). There was no harm intended, I think.

8dot75

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depends on your definition of the word "big"... while I'm not horse-hung, I am ample.... and available!

Check my pics and decide!