Any buddhists??

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I beg to differ, but the Dalai lama has recently "corrected" himself and said that he didn't see ANYTHING wrong with homosexuality, as long as no one "gets hurt"....(and BTW, the nature of Tibetan Buddhism is contradiction, question EVERYTHING, believe nothing...unless you have "experienced" it yourself, but that's impossible because there in fact is no "self" and nothing to experience.)

That's what I said. He contradicts himself. And he has done it on many issues when it's brought to his attention, and then he retracts.

Yes the main goal in buddhism is to break attachment to scape the infinite circles of death and rebirth and to end suffering. Some people think that buddhism is all free to go religion . That they can do anything as they please. True Buddihism is basically a monastic religion even more than conventional christianity.

Very true and that's why so few can actually embrace it entirely.

I'm not condemning anyone , just saying that buddhism is a discipline .
Real buddhism is very attractive in some ways but is also not that easy to follow . Breaking attachment to samsara is not that easy .

It's very attractive to some because they think they know what it's all about and they don't. I know a man who is quite educated about Buddhism, and thinks it's actually funny how many people are calling themselves Buddhists these days and don't have a clue what it's all about. It's become almost a fad to say you're a Buddhist.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I beg to differ, but the Dalai lama has recently "corrected" himself and said that he didn't see ANYTHING wrong with homosexuality, as long as no one "gets hurt"....(and BTW, the nature of Tibetan Buddhism is contradiction, question EVERYTHING, believe nothing...unless you have "experienced" it yourself, but that's impossible because there in fact is no "self" and nothing to experience.)
The Dalai Lama could be wrong some times. In buddhism he isn't infallible. Many nonbuddhist people see the Dalai Lama as some pope but he isn't .

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's what I said. He contradicts himself. And he has done it on many issues when it's brought to his attention, and then he retracts.

Very true and that's why so few can actually embrace it entirely.

It's very attractive to some because they think they know what it's all about and they don't. I know a man who is quite educated about Buddhism, and thinks it's actually funny how many people are calling themselves Buddhists these days and don't have a clue what it's all about. It's become almost a fad to say you're a Buddhist.
Yes real buddhism can't be practiced by most people because our minds have much attachment to this world . Like I said before breaking attachment isn't easy.

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would like to add that I'm not a buddhist , not yet. I learn about it reading about different qualified masters. If I say that I'm a buddhist right now I would be hypocrite . I'm not prepared yet to practice buddhism , maybe later in my life , who knows.:smile::smile::smile:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well becoming a vegetarian is a good idea and I'm one . Isn't easy because in most fast food and restaurants almost always serve meat related foods.

I've always said that there should be more vegetarian options in restaurants, and also be vegetarian fast food places! I'm not a vegetarian but I'd like to have that option when I eat out.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always said that there should be more vegetarian options in restaurants, and also be vegetarian fast food places! I'm not a vegetarian but I'd like to have that option when I eat out.
That's true . Being vegetarian isn't easy because eating meat is basically force to all people in fast foods and restaurants. Vegetarian options should be avariable to all people in all places.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Eastern religions are very interesting. The West can take a lot from the East. Hollywood stars often have a very skewed understanding of Eastern religions. For that, unfortunately, some Americans look to them as true followers.

I don't consider myself a Buddhist, but I try to follow some its teachings. They've helped me alleviate a lot of suffering.

It is interesting to note that Hindu gurus are very similar to Buddhist monks in beliefs, except for one thing: Hindu gurus worship a god, from which all things come and wholly incorporated into of their practices (becoming "one" with their god). Buddhists, for the most part (most schools), don't worship any god because his uncertain existence is not relevant to one's path to enlightenment.

By the way, Buddhism came out of Hinduism (most of you probably know that).

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eastern religions are very interesting. The West can take a lot from the East. Hollywood stars often have a very skewed understanding of Eastern religions. For that, unfortunately, some Americans look to them as true followers.

I don't consider myself a Buddhist, but I try to follow some its teachings. They've helped me alleviate a lot of suffering.

It is interesting to note that Hindu gurus are very similar to Buddhist monks in beliefs, except for one thing: Hindu gurus worship a god, from which all things come and wholly incorporated into of their practices (becoming "one" with their god). Buddhists, for the most part (most schools), don't worship any god because his uncertain existence is not relevant to one's path to enlightenment.

By the way, Buddhism came out of Hinduism (most of you probably know that).

2 other differences with Hinduism you forgot to mentioned.
Buddhists denied the concept of the eternal soul and buddhists do not believe in a creator god. Hindus believe in a creator god and the eternal soul.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
2 other differences with Hinduism you forgot to mentioned.
Buddhists denied the concept of the eternal soul and buddhists do not believe in a creator god (if there is a god from which all things come, that implies that he/it is the creator of all things). Hindus believe in a creator god and the eternal soul ("eternal soul"...absolutely....which is seemingly assumed if there is a god from which all things come. But, I shouldn't "assume" things, should I? lol.).

Thanks for critiquing my shameful:rolleyes::rolleyes: summary, Hung David!:biggrin1:

For Hindus, permanency of self is not considered an illusion as it is in Buddhism. The soul is eternal and will never die. The purpose of every soul is to become "one" with god.

There are so many similarities between Hinduism and Buddhism, despite these few, but fundamental differences.

Hindus, unlike Buddhists, believe the following:

1) true faith in god from which all things come
2) permanency of self (soul)
3) ultimate goal in life: to become "one" with god

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
wow
I've been just starting to meditate & read about Buddhism. It's cool that I found this thread. There are Buddhists in my extended family so there's always been an interest there for me. Thanks for the posts so far.