Any campers out there?

Mighty Joe

Experimental Member
Media
Anybody into RV camping? Tell your favorite campground and/or recreational area. Have you met other gay campers during your trips?

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not gay but I have a small travel trailer I pull to RV spots and campsites in Oregon, Washington and California.

Places with campsites and RV slots I like: Crater Lake National Park, Mt. Rainier National Park, North Cascades National Park, Diamond Lake, The Columbia Gorge, Paulina Lake, Lake Chelan, Lake Shasta area, Mt. Lassen National Park, Fort Stevens State Park, South Beach State Park, Detroit Lake State Park, Cannon Beach RV park, Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, Cape Blanco State Park, Wallowa Lake State Park, Hell's Canyon National Recreation Area, among others.

Oregon State Parks

The Pacific Northwest has lots to choose from.

SG

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by SpeedoGuy@May 7 2005, 01:21 AM
I'm not gay but I have a small travel trailer I pull to RV spots and campsites in Oregon, Washington and California.

Places with campsites and RV slots I like: Crater Lake National Park, Mt. Rainier National Park, North Cascades National Park, Diamond Lake, The Columbia Gorge, Paulina Lake, Lake Chelan, Lake Shasta area, Mt. Lassen National Park, Fort Stevens State Park, South Beach State Park, Detroit Lake State Park, Cannon Beach RV park, Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, Cape Blanco State Park, Wallowa Lake State Park, Hell's Canyon National Recreation Area, among others.

Oregon State Parks

The Pacific Northwest has lots to choose from.

SG
[post=308758]Quoted post[/post]​

I last camped at Shenandoah National Park a few years back. Was in a tent with two gabby girl friends of mine, and it was pouring down rain. The thought of camping is nice, but this memory sticks in my mind too much. ;)

Hell on earth does exist. I found it that night.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
LOL

I've spent a few of those miserable nights in soggy tents and sopping sleeping bags. Over the years I've been bombarded with snow, wind, rain, forest fires, yellowjackets, mosquitos, bears, bobcat, skunks, rattlesnakes, scorpions and drunken bikers. That's why I have a trailer now.

SG

summertime01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I absolutely love camping & I don't care what i'm in as long as I'm outdoors! I'll go almost anywhere & don't get to camp very often.

viking

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love camping because it allows for being naked in the woods.
I love nude recreation, swimming, boating, hiking, whatever.

I did a lot of all of those at Lune Lake in the desolation wilderness area at Lake Tahoe a few years back. There were 5 of us. Men & Women. All having fun being naked in Nature.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Hey MJ -- My wife and I love camping, but we are tenters. I highly recommend the state parks in Vermont, Maine, and Pennsylvania if you ever get up this way. New York's state parks are the worst I've experienced (native New Yorker, so I know firsthand). I'm sure I've met some gay campers along the way but am not sure my gaydar is optimally tuned for picking them out.

Steve ;)

funcub

1st Like
Media
Eb,

Let us know when you go camping again. I'm sure lots of us will pitch tents near you, or just try and borrow your tent spike.

luvnlg

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I enjoy going to a gay men only campground in New York State,
Jones' Pond, which is clothing optional and has bon fires and a dancehall.
You can check out the web site jonespond.com (if only I knew how to make a link I would)

TripodMillenium: Oooh... I'll do it for you. ^^ ((PM me and I'll explain how))

Jones' Pond

((can everyone tell I'm bored? :eyes: :p LOL))

bigtwin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't done any serious camping in years but posts like this one always bring back fond memories. As kids, my Dad took us camping frequently. He was into wilderness. Our favorite spots were Maine up by Moosehead, various areas along the Appalachian Trail from Katahdin in Maine thru NY and the Fingerlakes Region in NY. He avoided established camping areas and we could go for days without seeing another person.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I loved camping when I lived in Australia.
Favourite spots:

- Great Ocean Road and the Otways. Not during high summer, though, especially January, of course.
- Victorian high country, between Mansfield, Wood's Point and Warburton. You can camp in some of the old gold mining settlements.
- Yorke Peninsula in South Australia. You can still find deserted beaches on which to camp. Some friends of mine honeymooned in such a place, and as they left, posted a sign that that read "Taylor's Beach", their new married name. A few years later, they returned and were surpised to find a new road and "Taylor's Beach" marked on a local map
- Clare Valley in South Australia. We have friends in Mintaro and usually set up camp just outside town, then cycle around the wineries.

I seldom used campsites, but rather, went off-road to find some genuine peace and quiet (i.e. where mobile phones don't work.) Every two or three days I'd find a town and check into the pub for a shower and a bit of company.

We really couldn't take an RV or trailer to some of these spots, so a tent and a Land Rover worked just fine.

By the way, if you ever want to test your relationship, try putting up a tent together! Straight couples seem to have the most problem with this--maybe tent-rigging most reveals the gender differences in brain wiring and spatial reasoning.

I really miss camping. It was simply impossible in Japan, and I haven't yet had time to get out and explore here in the US. Looking forward to it.

hb8