any cyclists out there?

Stanmeister

Cherished Member
Media
Got on my bike for the first time since Fall. Put my bib tights on to go for a ride. Man, my pubic hair came through the tights. I don't mind that with my legs, but the pubes are a bit embarrassing. How can this be addressed? Is it just a matter of the tights getting too thin? Anybody have experience with this?

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've never had the pubic hair go through the lycra fabric or through the pad. I trim about every 4 - 6 weeks most of the year; I trim and shave during the summer about every 2 - 3 weeks. I'll notice that my crotch gets uncomfortable when the hair grows long, but I've never seen the hair poke through.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mine does. I wondered if trimming in part leads to the hair coming through.
That used to happen to me when my chest and back hair would go through the shirt fabric. Some of my smart ass friends would pull it. This was before I ever trimmed. Now I trim my entire trunk and love it. The hair will still go through my shirts if I let it grow long enough. I try to keep after it so it won't happen. Keeping the crotch trimmed really makes the bike short / bibs more comfortable for me. I highly recommend it.

Stanmeister

Cherished Member
Media
I trim, too. But I think the trimming leads to this situation. The hair is now straighter, not curled. I'll try trimming more and sees what happens.

some dude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This happens with some of my shorts -- those with thinner Lycra (they're "summer-weight," or they're just cheaper). I'm trimmed pretty short and narrow, and I agree that trimming seems to make the hairs spikier so a few poke through. But I don't really care. I see a lot of riders on any given ride and I'm not exactly checking them out in that area; I doubt anyone else is going to notice a protruding millimeter here and there on me.