Any Democrat who does not vote for Obama is a moron.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Why? Some Supreme Court judges are getting older and will probably retire or die soon . If you let McCain appoint them he will put in conservative, religious white men who want to take away your rights.

Also morons, the Obama fans who said they would not vote for Hillary if she had won the nomination.

#1 Mem, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
  3. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Okay. But the manner of sharing of your viewpoint leaves a bit to be desired.

4. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I might vote independent...neither Mcain of Obama are 'excellent" canidates to me. They're just ok...one pics up were the other is deficeint. One canidate has a better policy about this situation and the other canidate has a better policy about another...either way we can't all get what we want.

5. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

I don't think ALL democrats who don't vote for Obama are morons. I don't think it's right that you should say so. You don't have to vote for your party's candidate, just because you're in the party. That's one of the biggest problems with our political system, actually.

6. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

I also don't see why you assume that McCain would put only put white men on the supreme court. Do you imagine that this is what republicans always do? Or is it because you imagine him to be a sexist and a racist?

7. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I think a better wording is all people who believe in "progressive democratic ideals" should think twice before they vote for McCain and look at his record

8. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Actually what I meant was any Democrat who will cut off his nose to spite his face (not vote for Obama because he beat Hillary) is a moron.

9. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

How about your assertion that McCain will necessarily appoint only white men, Mem?

10. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Hopefully we will never find out. But if or when it does happen...I told you so.

11. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

I think you're racist, frankly.

12. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Your opinion means nothing to me.

13. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Who is that trying to take our guns again? Speak clearly now and say D-E-M-O-C-R-A-T-S and what is Skippy, opps, I mean Obama again?

If you are gonna fear-monger about somebody trying to take our rights start with Skippy & Company and their wacko agenda to take our guns!

14. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

No one is going to take away your guns, but McCain might make it impossible for your niece or sister to get an abortion when she gets pregnant.

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

That's a stretch. :rolleyes:
    But let's take the race out of the quote and see if the tone of the message changes much:

If you let McCain appoint them he will put in conservative, religious men who want to take away your rights.

Even without the color boundary, the message he wants to convey is very clear. Not all white men are conservative & religious. But if McCain is elected President, the chances of him appointing highly-conservative & religious men (regardless of their color) to the Supreme Court is high. If that happens, you can bet that they'll try to pass legislation that will impede on the rights of those who are different from them. That's the real issue.

16. Northland

Gold Member

Then that is what you should have said.

Try to recall if you can that it was that man I couldn't stand-yes, Ronald Reagan-who gave us Sandra Day O'Connor, a woman and not the most conservative member of the court while she was there-at times, less conservative than Democratic picks.

Add to this mix, the fact that while McCain if elected can put forth some conservative candidates for positions on the court, it will still have to go through the questioning process which if they are too conservative, could bring about their not becoming a Justice. Remember Robert Bork? He was expected to be a shoe-in; however he was too conservative for people to handle and was denied access.

Additionally, consider that McCain is not as white-only oriented as you may wish to believe.

Or, maybe he will line up conservative Hispanics or Blacks (remember if you will, when George H.W. Bush selected (and got him in there) Clarence Thomas in 1991)or maybe even a conservative Iraqi or maybe a conservative Japanese person in an effort to shove a choice through.

17. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

:crying:

18. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Don't even pretend the dimocrats have not been trying to take away our guns and ...

I don’t condone the killing of babies anyway unless it’s under extreme circumstances like rape or incest and then it needs too be done before development.

Isn’t it interesting how the dimocrats scream bloody murder when a few innocents get killed during a time of war like in Afghanistan or Iraq right now and all the while they are screaming their wife/sister/niece/friend is in the abortion clinic with the doctor killing and cutting apart a baby before he/she pulls the body parts out?

19. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I never condone the killing of babies, not even if they are being raped or involved in incest. They are innocent babies and it is not their fault.

20. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

I respect your opinion, Vinyl, but let me plead the case.

Now, I don't believe this to be true, but lets say I stated that I oppose Obama being president because he will appoint liberal, nonreligious, black men to supreme court.

Doesn't that sound racist? On two counts- one, the assumption that because he is black, he will appoint only blacks to supreme court. Two, because it implies that it is a bad thing that he would appoint blacks to supreme court.

I think it would be racist... and I think it's a two-way street.

Do you see my point at least?

#20 B_jacknapier, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted