Any Democrat who does not vote for Obama is a moron.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
1. I really wanna see where the "dimocrats" have been tyring to take away your guns , or at least where they plan to. Or is that just more propaganda?

If you want a lot of reading type “Democrats + Gun Control” into your favorite search engine. Set aside several hours for this one.

Here is Skippy, oops, I mean Obama, I think many will find things they don’t like about him here …

The Democrats and Gun Control - WSJ.com

2. It doesn't matter if you condone abortion because you are not a woman. You don't have to worry about getting pregnant and putting your life on hold. Being pregnant has psychological effects that no man can comprehend. Why should it be teh government's choice what a woman does with her body? I don't believe in abortion either , but i'm not one of these fuckers that thinks my opinion should be fact.

Not here to debate the killing of over 50 million babies in the US since abortion became legal, my opinion of this atrocity is already on record but please don't tell me anymore about how men cannot "comprehend the psychological effects of being pregnant" as I'm quite certain they can be nothing like the psychological effects of people like me thinking about the baby when a doctor punctures its skull with something sharp to kill it before dismembering and removing it.

Neither candidate is perfect. But It's funny how you want to vote for the man who says troop withdrawl is "not that important". The man who voted against the GI bill that will help the soldiers when (if) they come home. The same GI bill that put him through college. The man who said himself " I don't understand the economy". You really want that ? A president that doesn't understand teh economy? Yet he want to keep a war going on that will end up costing us nearly 3 trillion dollars , even though it was "only" supposed to be 100 billiion. He says he want to stay in Iraq til we win , but he hasn't told us what would constitute winning. He's not even worried about Afghanastan , even though we still have soldiers there. All he wants to do is continue Bush's war that shouldn't have started in teh first place.

You are just cherry picking quotes here and not telling the rest of the story. I could do the same for Skippy but its not worth the time.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

He is the darling of the liberal media. They call him a maverick.

I'd like to see some proof he is a 'darling'. Also proof we indeed have a 'liberal media'.

All I know is up until two years ago the conservatives in spite of the 'liberal media' had control of all three branches of government and the so called 'liberal media' stood by while this country and it's partners were bamboozled into a bogus war.

Do you mean maverick like this?

John McCain, Maverick No More

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1642900,00.html

or like this?

A Maverick No More?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/27/AR2006032701300.html

which do you prefer? which liberal rag?

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Anybody that thinks we were over there for any reason other than to protect the Saudi Arabian oil is kidding themselves. If you think gas is high now, just what do you think it'd have been if Iraq had shut down the main Saudi oil Terminal. It was something they'd threatened to do before.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i'm voting democrat no matter what. hillary was my first choice, but just because she didn't win the nomination doesn't mean i'm not voting for obama. hell, any party is better than the republican party. i wouldn't be able to stand another four years with ridiculous gas prices, hikes in tuition fees, opponents of gay marriage, and a crumbling economy.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd like to see some proof he is a 'darling'. Also proof we indeed have a 'liberal media'.

All I know is up until two years ago the conservatives in spite of the 'liberal media' had control of all three branches of government and the so called 'liberal media' stood by while this country and it's partners were bamboozled into a bogus war.

Do you mean maverick like this?

John McCain, Maverick No More

John McCain, Maverick No More - TIME

or like this?

A Maverick No More?
E. J. Dionne Jr. - A Maverick No More? - washingtonpost.com

which do you prefer? which liberal rag?
Thank you for proving my point.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
i'm voting democrat no matter what. hillary was my first choice, but just because she didn't win the nomination doesn't mean i'm not voting for obama. hell, any party is better than the republican party. i wouldn't be able to stand another four years with ridiculous gas prices, hikes in tuition fees, opponents of gay marriage, and a crumbling economy.

Get ready for the big surprise. It's going to stay a crumbling economy. You can't give away your jobs to foreign nations and stay strong. Alan Greenspan helped create the enormous economic bubble that is now deflating. His ridiculously low interest rates created a lot of funny money. A lot of other nations followed suit to make sure they weren't left out of the party. I still have a copy of an article from SmartMoney published in 1999 that stated the next recession was already built into the system, and why it'd happen. People drove the stock market up to dizzying heights, and did the same for home prices. They used their homes as atm's. The party is over and it's time to pay the piper.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It does sound racist. You do have a point about that.
But if you take out the race in your example, the real statement comes to light. Most people only use the race card because they know it'll instantly grab the attention of most people and cause an immediate reaction. Very rarely is it ever an issue of a person just being white, black or whatever. There's usually something else brewing in the background.

Hence why I said it was a stretch. Racism can be such a cheap shot sometimes, don't you agree?

But, not related to your points...technically not in America's history...has an African-American been voted into office as a President-elect. Has America consciously allowed only older white men into office? Could this be racism? I don't really understand some people's hatred for Obama.

But maybe, people want to vote for McCain because they are racist and don't want to see an African-American candidate succeed. Truthfully, it doesn't really matter to me because if McCain wins...we can see how creative Conservatives will foil the Constitution in lieu of anti-terrorism. :rolleyes:

We shall see what the Conservatives will do about the gasoline situation. :rolleyes:

Then again, if Obama wins. Maybe he can do this country, some good. It couldn't be any worse than Bush's eight years. And I think Obama has a lot more to lose...if he foils in four years.

Everybody hasn't EVEN given Obama a chance. You guys can vote for the best candidate. You can't blame liberals when they aren't in a position to prove you wrong. Eight years of Republicans and Republicans blame Democrats for contingencies. Whatever.

What is fucking Bush doing about the gas prices? (Bush is laughing all the way to the bank.) What is he doing about the effectiveness of this Iraqi/Afghanistanian war? "Mission Accomplished?" and the war is far from over.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
You can cry about gas prices all you want but the days of abundant cheap energy are gone. The wealth that has been transferred to China, India, and other nations has enabled them to buy more oil, raw materials, and food. It has sent global prices sky rocketing.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am gonna vote however I feel and I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks

azda

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Party matters more than ever. If overall you agree with Republican policies, you should vote for the Republican nominee or not at all. If you tend to agree with the Democrats' platform, you should vote for the Democratic nominee no matter who it is or not at all. The idea that you are voting for an individual rather than for a party is true in the literal sense and Obama vs. Clinton makes a big difference, but party affiliation trumps personality in many, many areas. Dem is going to be pro-choice, tax cuts skewed down the income ladder, pro-environment policies, less hawkish, less religion in the public sphere, etc.

Vote for the party. If you don't like the nominee of your preferred party, don't vote. Voting for the other candidate makes no sense at all because the policies are so opposed.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't believe in Democrat or Republican or Left and Right. Flaming liberal and neo-con and other catagorical terms. Things like that are simply a way to further divide this country.

When i hear people say "I was born republican" or "It was good enough for my daddy so it's good enough for me" , all I can do is laugh. No ofense to your daddy , but you should make a lucid decision and not one that is simply a copy of someone else's beliefs.

Those who think alike , aren't thinking.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
today I heard some debate concerning power generation, I didn't like either sides views, but I certainly don't want nuclear power plant all over the place for sure. One thing they will certainly be targets for extremist bombings. The republican side at least wants to improve on coal burning plants which will generate more moderate jobs for people in low income sections of the US. All Nuclear plants do is create waste we don't know what to do with. How can be preach to Iran about nuclear proliferation and then feel free to do what ever we want.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
In the summer of 1977, I attended the Texas Nuclear Science Symposium at the University of Texas. Some of the greatest physicists in the nation were the speakers. There is no safe way to dispose of the waste. It will stay deadly until the end of the earth.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Can we for one thread stop blaming the government on the ecnomic issues?

Reality is the recession started in the Clinton Administration. Bush hasn't done anything to right the ship. It's not one parties fault.

People really need to start looking in the mirror and take some of the blame. The housing market is in shambles because people got in over their heads. Living in a Metro area too much money, move 15 miles out of the city limits. I lived in Boston until my divorce and paying for two mortgages, I coulnd't afford to pay for two in town so I move a little further out. There are other options.

People will not admit when they screwed up so they need to blame someone else. The government is an easy target. If you got into a ARM mortgage, it's not the governments fault. If you bought a minivan with the equity in your house and the market crashed and now you're upside down on the mortgage, not the governments fault.

If you have cell phones for your kids, buy them every new PS3 game that comes out, computers, tvs, without making them go out and earn some money, it's not the governments fault you didn't invest that money and now your broke.

Gas prices will not come down regardless who is in office until the CONSUMERS make some drastic decisions and/or change their behaviors.

A vast majority of the financial woes that are occuring are due to grown adults not being responsible and not looking past 15 minutes ahead.

I don't know of one person that has been responible and is hurting, not one. They will have occasional set backs (layoffs etc), but having one or two will not cripple a financially responsible person.

The need to have every new bright and shiney object and living in the now is what has crippled the economy. There must be a lot of people living in houses without mirrors to keep pushing blame like this.