Any Democrat who does not vote for Obama is a moron.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Can we for one thread stop blaming the government on the ecnomic issues?

Reality is the recession started in the Clinton Administration. Bush hasn't done anything to right the ship. It's not one parties fault.

People really need to start looking in the mirror and take some of the blame. The housing market is in shambles because people got in over their heads. Living in a Metro area too much money, move 15 miles out of the city limits. I lived in Boston until my divorce and paying for two mortgages, I coulnd't afford to pay for two in town so I move a little further out. There are other options.

People will not admit when they screwed up so they need to blame someone else. The government is an easy target. If you got into a ARM mortgage, it's not the governments fault. If you bought a minivan with the equity in your house and the market crashed and now you're upside down on the mortgage, not the governments fault.

If you have cell phones for your kids, buy them every new PS3 game that comes out, computers, tvs, without making them go out and earn some money, it's not the governments fault you didn't invest that money and now your broke.

Gas prices will not come down regardless who is in office until the CONSUMERS make some drastic decisions and/or change their behaviors.

A vast majority of the financial woes that are occuring are due to grown adults not being responsible and not looking past 15 minutes ahead.

I don't know of one person that has been responible and is hurting, not one. They will have occasional set backs (layoffs etc), but having one or two will not cripple a financially responsible person.

The need to have every new bright and shiney object and living in the now is what has crippled the economy. There must be a lot of people living in houses without mirrors to keep pushing blame like this.

Applause! Applause!

How many of you have an emergency fund of at least 4 to 6 months worth of living expenses?

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Now don't get me wrong, there are people that struggle and I know things are tough for them regardless of what they try to do and get out of debt.

I'm speaking to the people that are spending as fast as it's coming in then complain about being broke.

I have seen people I work with make very good salaries but are almost living paycheck to paycheck. Then you go to their house and they have two 50K cars, a boat and a 3000 square foot house, but struggle with the light bill and say how the cost of gas is killing them.:rolleyes:

College students that go out and lease a 3 series BMW as soon as they get their first job. BMWs are not impressive, being able to retire at the age of 50 is however. I would much rather spend my last 20-30 years traveling Europe than drive a 30-40,000 car at the age of 25.

I have no sympathy for people that cannot budget their money or plan ahead.

D

deleted15807

It's just too bad the government doesn't believe it's all the peoples fault for everything. I guess it was all Clinton's fault anyway.

Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr. plans to call today for the Federal Reserve to be given new, explicit powers to intervene in the workings of Wall Street firms to protect the financial system, adapting his vision of how the financial world should be regulated to reflect the lessons of the collapse of Bear Stearns.

Paulson to Urge New Fed Powers - washingtonpost.com

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
It's just too bad the government doesn't believe it's all the peoples fault for everything. I guess it was all Clinton's fault anyway.

Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr. plans to call today for the Federal Reserve to be given new, explicit powers to intervene in the workings of Wall Street firms to protect the financial system, adapting his vision of how the financial world should be regulated to reflect the lessons of the collapse of Bear Stearns.

Paulson to Urge New Fed Powers - washingtonpost.com

Who said it was all Clinton's fault?

Do you actually believe the housing crisis has nothing to do with people over extending themselves?

D

deleted15807

Who said it was all Clinton's fault?

Do you actually believe the housing crisis has nothing to do with people over extending themselves?

Do you actually believe banks who OK'd the loan should be off the hook? Are they not the gatekeepers of credit? Do you know what a 'no doc' loan is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why? Some Supreme Court judges are getting older and will probably retire or die soon . If you let McCain appoint them he will put in conservative, religious white men who want to take away your rights.

Also morons, the Obama fans who said they would not vote for Hillary if she had won the nomination.

Again the assault on religious white men. This is comical.

You mean the religious white men that founded America? Or the religious white men who fought to restore the Union and free slaves? The religious white men who saved at least in a small way Europe? Twice? the religious white men that saved the Far East from the rapist Bushido culture of Japan? Go to Arlington National Cemetery and check out the sacrifices made by religious white men. Nah, on the other hand a shit coward like you should not soil a place like that of deep respect by even getting near the brave men who risked it all so you can bitch like a whiny puke.

The religious white men that created a country that lots and lots of non religious people of color want to live in?

Why are the liberals on this site the most miserable joyless folks around? The glass is continually half empty for you folks. America could be a tiny bit better but in truth based on the rest of the world it could be far worse.

This is a great country that from time to time needs some tweaking but the way its portrayed here it might as well be Nazi Germany or Rwanda or run by the Khmer Rouge.

Don't let the door hit your lazy ass on the way out.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now don't get me wrong, there are people that struggle and I know things are tough for them regardless of what they try to do and get out of debt.

I'm speaking to the people that are spending as fast as it's coming in then complain about being broke.

I have seen people I work with make very good salaries but are almost living paycheck to paycheck. Then you go to their house and they have two 50K cars, a boat and a 3000 square foot house, but struggle with the light bill and say how the cost of gas is killing them.:rolleyes:

College students that go out and lease a 3 series BMW as soon as they get their first job. BMWs are not impressive, being able to retire at the age of 50 is however. I would much rather spend my last 20-30 years traveling Europe than drive a 30-40,000 car at the age of 25.

I have no sympathy for people that cannot budget their money or plan ahead.

Bingo.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, the ones who want to tell women what they can do with their bodies and the ones who want to take away my civil liberties, and want to create wars to enrich their friends,and want the rich to get richer and to kill the middle class.

D

deleted15807

Then it's too bad the US government felt so bad about Bear Stearns they paid $30 billion to help them out but zero to homeowners.

Executives are lavishly rewarded if the companies they run seem successful: last year the chief executives of Merrill and Citigroup were paid $48 million and $25.6 million, respectively. But if the success turns out to have been an illusion — well, they still get to keep the money. Heads they win, tails we lose.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They can't be bothered helping people when they are busy giving Oil Companies subsidies, while these same companies reap record profits.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, the ones who want to tell women what they can do with their bodies and the ones who want to take away my civil liberties, and want to create wars to enrich their friends,and want the rich to get richer and to kill the middle class.

What a dork. We already tell lots of people what they can do with their bodies. We have tons of laws that limit what we are allowed to put into our bodies. There are people who really believe abortion is murder whether you or I do or not. I applaud and defend their right to argue that fact. It would be way easier if folks would take some degree of responsibility and not have reproductive sex when they only wanted to have recreational sex. Its that easy.

Kill the middle class? President Bush greatly reduced taxes and that was designed to kill the middle class? How is this murder supposed to occur?

Who got rich? Anyone here could have bought stock in Halliburton or whomever. Its a free open society. You could buy stock in ExxonMobil and cash in on all the supposed billions. If you think its such a good deal you buy some.

D

deleted15807

They can't be bothered helping people when they are busy giving Oil Companies subsidies, while these same companies reap record profits.

Now it's my BINGO. It's so fucking obvious it's nauseating.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Do you actually believe banks who OK'd the loan should be off the hook? Are they not the gatekeepers of credit? Do you know what a 'no doc' loan is?

Ok, do you own a home?

Getting a loan isn't that hard. First, IT IS NOT the responsibilty of the Bank to make the decision for you on accepting a loan. In the rediculous competition that is the mortgage market, if someone offers you an ARM, you call around until you get a fixed, it happens everyday. If you are going to get a loan note ranging from 100K to 800K or whatever, don't sign the first piece of paper in front of you. If you do not do home work and take out a loan on something as big as a mortgage, that person is the moron and at fault, not the bank. Adults are the only ones able to get loans, there is no excuse if you get in over your head.

Second, IT IS NOT the responsibility of the Banks to manage your money after the fact. They give you a loan based on information at that time. If you apply for an equity loan and buy a car with that money, is it the banks fault? If you get a loan that is in your means but then go 20 grand into credit card debt buying watches and playstations is that the banks fault and now cannot afford your ARM cause the rate went up, is that the banks fault?

I swear on all that is holy accountabilty has gone to shit in this country. Have some pride people.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Who got rich? Anyone here could have bought stock in Halliburton or whomever. Its a free open society. You could buy stock in ExxonMobil and cash in on all the supposed billions. If you think its such a good deal you buy some.

Only the crooks in office knew what was going on to raise those stock prices. They weren't going to tell the public about it.

D

deleted15807

President Bush greatly reduced taxes and that was designed to kill the middle class?

The tax cuts are an illusion. Without cutting spending they just CHARGED the tax cut to the future. RED INK It's the hallmark of this administration. He took a surplus and turned it into years and years of RED ink.