Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You are not alone. I also crave male affection. But because of social norms, males aren't allowed to show signs of affection to each other. It isn't about sex either, but most guys interpret any type of male bonding, closeness or affection toward each other as advances for sex and especially straight men get very defensive about that.

I hadn't seen my friend in two years and I knew I wasn't going to see him again in a while so I asked for a hug. He very begrudgingly gave me one saying "This feels so gay." A fucking HUG! It's so sad that I can't even hug my friend without it being "gay", therefore a negative thing.

Ugh Rant over, just needed to get it off my chest. I know not ALL men are like this, but seriously it's most men especially among straight men.

Indelicate

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If I stopped craving male affection, I think monkhood is a real possibility.

By the way, I'm growing a beard. LOL. I need to get tougher.

I don't believe you would like the hairstyle if you became a monk. Plus, there's no internet and only bland food at the monastery.

But, you should post some pics of your beard progress!

Reactions: BIGBULL29

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am sort of fortunate in that my best male buddy has become someone I can just cuddle or bond with. We're both (more or less) straight and have cuddled in the spa at night after a few glasses of wine. It started many years ago when he was going through a very rough patch in his life and we were in the spa. He very much needed a hug, but his wife was being very cold (they've fixed things up), and he felt the world was against him. So I told him I wanted to take over for him for a short time, and to let me take his stress. So he sidled over and leaved his back up against my chest, and I cuddled him, telling him that for the next five minutes the world had gone away and to let me "stand guard" for him.

Fundamentally changed our relationship from being buddies to being closer than brothers.

No, you're not the only one who needs and wants that kind of a relationship with another guy. I think we ALL need one like that, just to have the one person we can let take over when it gets to be too much.

Our wives are wonderful and supportive and fulfill most of our emotional needs, but there's something that guys just get which makes the difference.

tnecvolfan2001

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am sort of fortunate in that my best male buddy has become someone I can just cuddle or bond with. We're both (more or less) straight and have cuddled in the spa at night after a few glasses of wine. It started many years ago when he was going through a very rough patch in his life and we were in the spa. He very much needed a hug, but his wife was being very cold (they've fixed things up), and he felt the world was against him. So I told him I wanted to take over for him for a short time, and to let me take his stress. So he sidled over and leaved his back up against my chest, and I cuddled him, telling him that for the next five minutes the world had gone away and to let me "stand guard" for him.

Fundamentally changed our relationship from being buddies to being closer than brothers.

No, you're not the only one who needs and wants that kind of a relationship with another guy. I think we ALL need one like that, just to have the one person we can let take over when it gets to be too much.

Our wives are wonderful and supportive and fulfill most of our emotional needs, but there's something that guys just get which makes the difference.
totally!

Reactions: Buddie

long_uncut

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure

Perfectly stated.

maroon1040

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for this thread, everyone. It puts to words some thoughts and feelings I've had recently with an m4m encounter that shifted into a cuddle session with a similar discreet bi guy I met. Definitely enjoyed the time we literally shut the world away to have some time to ourselves and literally just be there for each other besides the sexual experience.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You are not alone. I also crave male affection. But because of social norms, males aren't allowed to show signs of affection to each other. It isn't about sex either, but most guys interpret any type of male bonding, closeness or affection toward each other as advances for sex and especially straight men get very defensive about that.

Well look at this thread. Out of all the people craving male physical intimacy as a purely platonic expression of friendship... how many identify as straight (-vs- str8)?

If another guy was saying that he wants to hold and cuddle and kiss me, why should I not interpret that as a pass? I mean, within US culture, it is pretty gay.

I don't cuddle with my guy friends because of the burdensome weight of some kind of societal pressure bearing down on me that I'll turn gay if I do. I don't cuddle with men because it would feel awkward and uncomfortable. The way I was raised, male-male platonic physical intimacy is reserved for family members. I'll cozy up to uncles on the sofa (my dad has 5 brothers), we hug eachother, I might get backrubs or things like that from time to time, but they're family.

My male friends and I may have intimate discussions about hopes and dreams love and all that jazz, but we don't snuggle and kiss (and I don't feel any cravings for that or that I'm missing out on anything).

Cum_is_Great

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well look at this thread. Out of all the people craving male physical intimacy as a purely platonic expression of friendship... how many identify as straight (-vs- str8)?

If another guy was saying that he wants to hold and cuddle and kiss me, why should I not interpret that as a pass? I mean, within US culture, it is pretty gay.

I don't cuddle with my guy friends because of the burdensome weight of some kind of societal pressure bearing down on me that I'll turn gay if I do. I don't cuddle with men because it would feel awkward and uncomfortable. The way I was raised, male-male platonic physical intimacy is reserved for family members. I'll cozy up to uncles on the sofa (my dad has 5 brothers), we hug eachother, I might get backrubs or things like that from time to time, but they're family.

My male friends and I may have intimate discussions about hopes and dreams love and all that jazz, but we don't snuggle and kiss (and I don't feel any cravings for that or that I'm missing out on anything).

Excuse me? I don't want to cuddle and kiss my friend. I just wanted a fucking HUG! I broke down when my mom died two months ago and they didn't want to even touch me! You think hugging a grieving friend is gay and an advance? Fucking US culture is gone to shit. Then people wonder why males have the highest depression rates and shit. We have this fucked up culture and social norms that represses any type of feelings for men.

No I don't think all men should want to cuddle on the couch together at all times, but if we're casually sitting together on the couch and our feet accidentally touch, we should jump up yelling "Ew faggot!" And scooting over an entire seat away!

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I broke down when my mom died two months ago and they didn't want to even touch me! You think hugging a grieving friend is gay and an advance?

I didn't quote that part of your post because I wasn't talking about it. I was talking about the larger theme in this thread which is men wanting to snuggle and cuddle and kiss other men.

No, I don't think that a person who is grieving wanting a hug is going to be construed as a pass.

Reactions: 693987

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
When did the word "kiss" enter the conversation? I think you're confusing affection with "making out". They're two separate things.

I have no desire to kiss my best guy friend (my best female friend, my wife, Hell yes), but hugging and maybe a cuddle every once in a while. Yeah, good for the soul and really deepens the friendship (and not in the way you apparently think it does).

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
From the very first post.
My error. I stand by my posts, however. If guys are comfortable sharing a friendly kiss that's their way of showing affection, and completely up to the people involved.

NCbi09

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am so craving male affection. I had a great dad growing up. I just want to hug and kiss another dude that I am friends with.

Please answer seriously without insults.

Any other buddies on LPSG like this? It's not really the sex I'm really craving with dudes.

Right now, I would just like to hold a buddy and kiss him.

Man, i have never even hugged a man, but im going through some tough times and i just have this overwhelming desire for male affection right now. i can't believe i came across this post.