Any fans of musicals?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I've seen very, very many musicals. Rent and Les Miserables being my favorites.

I loved seeing the original cast of RENT in New York. It was definetaly a highlight in my life. They were so much better live than in the film.:rolleyes:

I have seen a few as well. RENT, The Who's Tommy, Stomp (can that be classified as a musical?) and some up here in Toronto. Liked most of em:tongue:

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
Loved the vintage musicals -- Busby Berkeley, Judy Garland, Fred Astaire with any partner, Eleanor Powell, Sinatra and Kelly, Singing in the Rain, and more "recently" Cabaret, Tommy, Victor/Victoria, Chicago, All That Jazz, Rent, hokie Elvis movies, This Is Spinal Tap.

aviatorguy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hey Col, I was lucky enough to go to Stage School in London and appeared in Les Miserables when I was 19, still love the music from the show now which says something about it when you have performed it 8 times a week. Love all the musicals still, Rent, Carousel and Miss Saigon are particular favourites. Met the director of Wicked on a flight recently he seemed a great guy and his partner was CUTE!!!

mtguy1972

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
wow..awesome thread...i love musicals. here's a list of what i've seen that i can remember:

les mis (umpteen times)
cats (umpteen times)
phantom
miss saigon
anything goes
starlight express
evita
sunset boulevard
ragtime
cabaret (teri hatcher)
JC Superstar
Joseph (donny osmond)
gypsy (bernadette peters)
the producers
rent (11x)
merrily we roll along
avenue Q
bombay dreams
thoroughly modern millie
42nd street (4x)
hairspray
the color purple
sweeney todd

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh yeah forgot about those. I want to see ALL the Disney ones. Mainly because I'm a fan of ALL the Disney movies!

Disney musicals are great.

I just don't like the ones about AIDS and the gay men with it. (Disney never made any about AIDS. None that I know of.:confused: :smile: ) Musicals with dramatic themes aren't very interesting to me.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I liked THE WIZ, Carmen Jones, Rocky Horror Picture Show, West Side Story, Dancer In The Dark (Bjork), and Moulin Rouge (Nicole Kidman+Ewen McGregor).

I sorta liked Jesus Christ Superstar. At least--it wasn't a Passion Of The Christ--The Musical.

I didn't like: RENT.

Musicals I wish that they had:

One based on The Matrix Trilogy.
One based on all Quentin Tarantino films like Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and Kill Bill.

Spoogesicle

Experimental Member
Media
Under a bridge...The Bridge of Sighs (or Size?)
Sexuality
Unsure
I felt as though I should've like Avenue Q more than what I did.

Don't sweat it, GoneA. People told me that I should've liked Jekyll & Hyde and Kiss of the Spider Woman more than I did. You like what you like, and what you "should've" done doesn't change that.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I do enjoy the occasional musical...

I like Wicked, and I am looking forward to the new Evil Dead musical.

My highschool is doing a musical about now, but I didnt audition becuase I want to be in the spring play... It's a western :p

I wanna be the badguy :p

BTW, @ Andresito...

Is that pic in your sig from that Zodiac anime?

Andresito

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Is that pic in your sig from that Zodiac anime?

Respect, it's Saint Seiya (los Caballeros del Zodíaco here). :cool:

I have seen Knight of the Zodiac version and it's sucks, lot of things changed and censored, maybe that's the reason of the failure of the show.

Take, a beautiful picture of the gold saints (one for each sign of the zodiac) on the Episode G version (Okada)

Attachments

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Saw Mary Poppins in London last year...excellent...if you have a chance to see it in New York...do it.

I love the muscial format period...so many to mention. Saw the try out for Curtains...also very good.

Sorry to hear a while back that Cher would not be doing Mame with Jerry Herman. That would have been great. She should have done anything to perform that part.

robmass42

Experimental Member
Media
Reading this thread makes me feel old.

the only Andrew Lloyd Webber musical I really like is 'Evita', especially the film version with Madonna. 'Cats' and 'Phantom' are wildly over-rated.

I've heard Barbara Cook and Bernadette Peters (twice!) live in concert, and melted like a show tune queen.

I'm a big Sondheim fan - 'Sweeney Todd', 'Company', 'A Little Night Music' are big favorites.

'Rent' ..... no. Everybody in the film had such beautiful teeth and tight abs. Apparently, heroin is good for your health???

'South Pacific' is my favorite show from the Golden Age, with 'Guys and Dolls' running a close second.

1ceman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Andrew Lloyd Webber is overrated. I fell asleep during Phantom on Broadway, it was so dull. Likewise with Cats, but in Dallas.

My girlfriend is trying to get me into Company, Chorus Line and Sweeney Todd...I may let her. Especially the Sondheim ones, as I already love Assassins.