Any fans of musicals?

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Loved Hairspray and Mama Mia. So much fun. I love the music of Evita.
I loved the film versions of Evita, Chicago and fell in love with Ewan McGregor in Moulin Rouge!!!!!!!!

My favourite though is Chess from the 1980's (not the terrble version that was brought to Broadway) The plot is thin and hard to follow but the music is fantastic. It's written by the two ABBA guys with lyrics by Tim Rice. The Danish cast recording (in Enlish) is fantastic and the closest thing to a complete version of the show. There are some clips of Josh Grobin and others performing songs from Chess for a benifit a couple of years ago on utube.

Novaboy

amazed

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another theater lover here ... both drama and musicals. The prices for Broadway are becoming prohibitive, however. Starting to attend community and regional theater now to save money. I also scour the web looking for discount codes before I purchase Broadway tickets. And dont get me started on ticketmaster "fees." :mad:
Seen in Oct 2006: Hairspray and Aint Misbehaving
For Nov plan to see Tartuffe

Phathom

Just Browsing
Media
I love musicals. Want to see Wicked, love Moulin Rouge, Phantom of the Opera, Rent. Ah yes, if only life were a musical!

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The lastest musical I watched was "Mamma Mia" - I loved it. I especially liked the way the characters' speeches melted into lyrics of the ABBA songs - it was seamless.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Saw Mary Poppins in London last year...excellent...if you have a chance to see it in New York...do it.

I love the muscial format period...so many to mention. Saw the try out for Curtains...also very good.

Sorry to hear a while back that Cher would not be doing Mame with Jerry Herman. That would have been great. She should have done anything to perform that part.

What was the reason(s) given that Cher now won't be doing "Mame?".
I think Jerry Herman is one of the greatest musical song writers of all time.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thought I might start something different from my usual posts...and I dunno if it's been done before or not.

But I am a big fan of musicals. I haven't seen a LOT of them, but I have seen The Full Monty, The Wiz, Dreamgirls, Fiddler on the Roof, and many more. Most of the one's I've seen needless to say are more mainstream.

I want to see Wicked, The Color Purple, and Aida too...most importantly I want to see Les Miserables. I LOVE the music from it so I KNOW I'll love the play. Ok, I'm done for now. Your turn. :cool:

Les Miz is great. Easily my favorite musical. I've seen it twice at the National Theater in DC and once at the Imperial Theater on Broadway.
Have also seen: The Lion King, Miss Saigon, Rent, An Inspector Calls, Phantom of the Opera, Little Shop of Horrors, Annie, and something with Richard Dreyfuss in it. I like the theater in London... almost as good as Broadway but about 1/5 the price.

Media
i love musical theater—what a great art form. Spent a great part of my life doing it. I have done so many shows that I have lost count. I love the classic shows from the Golden era but am equally impressed with the new shows. The rumor that musical theater is a dying form is not true: it is just getting more expensive.

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love musicals. I actually moderate another forum that's dedicated to musicals.

For those in the UK, www.play.com have a sale on and there's loads of musicals like Jerry Springer the opera, Little Shop of Horrors, Superstar etc etc for £4.99 at the moment.