Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Trans women are assigned male at birth.
My daughter is in that category.
I'm a cis woman, assigned female at birth.

Female is a more clinical, less involved term. Think research or police reports. Since female and male don't depend on age, like boy/man or girl/woman, it's more legalistically correct.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Trans women are assigned male at birth.
My daughter is in that category.
I'm a cis woman, assigned female at birth.

Female is a more clinical, less involved term. Think research or police reports. Since female and male don't depend on age, like boy/man or girl/woman, it's more legalistically correct.

Driver's licenses have a field for sex. If you don't mind my asking does your daughter's have an M or an F there? And has she made any updates to her legal identification as part of her transition?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My approach on this matter is that. I treat this kind of people by the gender they chose they want to be. But in my mind the still are the gender they were born. If that makes any sense.

Like sexual orientation, I think most people would argue they did not choose their gender, only the extent to which they present themselves in accordance with the norms associated to that gender (e.g. I didn't choose to identify as a man, that's just always been natural. I do choose how to dress and groom myself in accordance with what makes me feel comfortable.)

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Driver's licenses have a field for sex. If you don't mind my asking does your daughter's have an M or an F there? And has she made any updates to her legal identification as part of her transition?
She waiting to move back here to Colorado to do name and gender changes. She's in Oklahoma now, and it's a cesspool for transfolk.
I know the dril in Colorado for name changes, since I worked at papers of record. We took the legal ads and I talked with a few women about the process.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My approach on this matter is that. I treat this kind of people by the gender they chose they want to be. But in my mind the still are the gender they were born. If that makes any sense.

This only applies if you know the person is trans.
What about intersex people or folks who pass and blend in?

Reactions: ItsAll4Kim

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
This only applies if you know the person is trans.
What about intersex people or folks who pass and blend in?
Aye, there's the rub. A coworker from years ago was m>f transgender, and she occasionally met friends for lunch at our office. Several were also transgender and it was very nearly impossible to know...only by knowing or guessing ahead of time was I able to discern the only physiological trait "tell"....that the proportions of upper and lower arms was not "correct", so-to-speak. I would have never known otherwise.

But the main point is that it doesn't matter...treat others as they wish to be treated, don't judge...lest ye be judged.....

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Aye, there's the rub. A coworker from years ago was m>f transgender, and she occasionally met friends for lunch at our office. Several were also transgender and it was very nearly impossible to know...only by knowing or guessing ahead of time was I able to discern the only physiological trait "tell"....that the proportions of upper and lower arms was not "correct", so-to-speak. I would have never known otherwise.

But the main point is that it doesn't matter...treat others as they wish to be treated, don't judge...lest ye be judged.....

Here's the other side:
It's not our business what's between their legs unless we are, too.

Reactions: ItsAll4Kim

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

I thought by now the Texas licenses would read "yes" or "no."
(Has held a TX DL)

Englishmansabroad

Expert Member
Media

Does anyone truly, hand on heart believe that Caitlin Jenner is a woman? To me, he seems like a gay man who hasn't come to terms with that (I can't be a straight man so I'll be a straight woman) mixed with a huge dose of narcissism.