Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So I bet this thread has already been started and if it has I'm sorry about that, but I couldn't really find anything.
I was wondering if anyone knew any lube suggestions for me. Different brands or whatever it may be. The guy who I am with said to go out and find a good lube, but make sure it had some sort of sensation to it. I have no lube knowledge whatsoever. When I jack off, I don't use lube and when I have sex, the person I am with has always had some with them....so I don't know the lube choices out there.
So does anyone have any good lube suggestions for me to pick from that is used mostly for sex not for jacking off. (If there is even a difference?)
Thanks! :biggrin1:

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
matt...you can go to walmart and find plenty of ky type...SILK, by ky is great in-expensive...the better stuff is from internet sites...try cheaplubes .com...silacone is wonderful but watch the condom conflict...no reason to make a baby by ruinging the comdom...love the lube's...go to a good sex store

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife and I have tried several different lubes and we think Liquid Silk (made in the UK by Bodywise Limited) is the most natural feeling. Most others we tried are either too greasy or don't last long enough.

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm reading all this stuff about like tingling lubes with KY and Swiss Navy.... I guess I am just wondering this about this whole tingle thing haha. Does it make your dick feel really good or something? I have never had a lube do that to me haha.

D_Della Doubledees

Experimental Member
Media
I have tried a lot of different lubes (including SILK and Swiss Navy)....

this one is the best BY FAR...
ID Lubricants by Westridge Laboratories, Inc.

It's a little more expensive, but it will last FOREVER, partly because it's silicone based. You can get it at most adult shops or online...

It's called "Millenium" and the Brand is "I.D." One of my (gay/male) friends recommended it to me a few years ago, and I tell everyone about it, it's THAT good. My current BF HATED *ALL* lube.... as in, he tried a few and swore it off. He said that he was always losing sensation with lube. I introduced him to this stuff, and he LOVES to masturbate with it.... but it does work great for sex, too, obviously :).

A little goes a LONG way... just a warning.

---------

Water based lube is always going to feel somewhat sticky... and I personally feel that it doesn't have the same 'sensation'..

No matter what brand you chose, water or silicone-based.... do yourself a favor, and do some research on the difference between the 2 kinds. A lot could sway which way you decide to go... (condoms react differently to the two types, etc).

---------

Also... I've tried the other types of lubes that the "I.D" brand makes... because I was SO pleased with the "millenium"... but they weren't any comparison. Don't waste your money.

Good luck!

Last edited:

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So I bet this thread has already been started and if it has I'm sorry about that, but I couldn't really find anything.
I was wondering if anyone knew any lube suggestions for me. Different brands or whatever it may be. The guy who I am with said to go out and find a good lube, but make sure it had some sort of sensation to it. I have no lube knowledge whatsoever. When I jack off, I don't use lube and when I have sex, the person I am with has always had some with them....so I don't know the lube choices out there.
So does anyone have any good lube suggestions for me to pick from that is used mostly for sex not for jacking off. (If there is even a difference?)
Thanks! :biggrin1:

astroglide has always worked for me or partners in the past

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have tried a lot of different lubes (including SILK and Swiss Navy)....

this one is the best BY FAR...
ID Lubricants by Westridge Laboratories, Inc.

It's a little more expensive, but it will last FOREVER, partly because it's silicone based. You can get it at most adult shops or online...

It's called "Millenium" and the Brand is "I.D." One of my (gay/male) friends recommended it to me a few years ago, and I tell everyone about it, it's THAT good. My current BF HATED *ALL* lube.... as in, he tried a few and swore it off. He said that he was always losing sensation with lube. I introduced him to this stuff, and he LOVES to masturbate with it.... but it does work great for sex, too, obviously :).

A little goes a LONG way... just a warning.

---------

Water based lube is always going to feel somewhat sticky... and I personally feel that it doesn't have the same 'sensation'..

No matter what brand you chose, water or silicone-based.... do yourself a favor, and do some research on the difference between the 2 kinds. A lot could sway which way you decide to go... (condoms react differently to the two types, etc).

---------

Also... I've tried the other types of lubes that the "I.D" brand makes... because I was SO pleased with the "millenium"... but they weren't any comparison. Don't waste your money.

Good luck!

Awesome that millennium stuff looks good enough for me! Thanks :biggrin1:

B_Bette

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've never found one lube that's good for everything. One is stringy and thready, another is too loose, another is too thick....

In these advanced times, can no one create a lube that meets all sexual needs?? :mad:

I don't need it for masturbatory purposes, just for fisting, and maybe occasional dryness during sex, if you've been going at it for a while.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anything expensive is worth the extra money mate. Don't be stingy when it comes to lubricant as you WILL know the difference. The more upscale brands just apply and feel better and work much better in application and reapplying to your anus or your wife's own when you want to try anal sex, through to regular sex. Swiss Navy and Eros are excellent lubes and are more of your upmarket brands so will cost you a little more but you will appreciate the difference, and with the more expensive brands you will find a little goes a long way.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I say try some different ones (your local ABS will have a very large selection), but stay away from those ones that "heat up" or "add extra sensations". Some people swear by them, but they can irritate vaginal and anal areas as well as your penis.

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
agreed on the warming brands...not good...the faster the action the hotter the genitals...which in our case was not fun....spend the extra $ it is worth it for the best sex