Any Harold and Maude fans?

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A beautiful film, funny, sad, harrowing and touching, my Mum made me watch this as a kid, and I just loved it. I watched it again last night, and shed a tear or two. It has such a strong message, still strongly relevant today. Cat Stevens (Yusaf Islam) soundtrack just lifts it up...'don't be shy' is still my all time favourite song.

Maude reminds me of our friend Rose, she is 74, but oh so sprightly, and a VERY saucy sense of humour.

Anyone who has not seen this movie, please do, else you'll never know....

Some songs from the movie and scenes...

Don't Be Shy

Trouble

If you want to sing out... (sung by PS22 chorus)

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
love this CULT CLASSIC...seen it many times...RUTH GORDON was an excellant actress..i believe BUD CORT, played harold...his career never went far...the bedroom scenes are a real hoot...

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
This is one of my favorite films of all time!

The soundtrack is by Cat Stevens and was not officially released until last year:

The first official soundtrack to the film was released in December 2007, by Vinyl Films Records, as a vinyl-only limited edition release of 2500 copies. It contained a 30-page oral history of the making of the film, the most extensive series of interviews yet conducted on "Harold and Maude."

Unfortunately I don't think it's available. I would love to have the soundtrack on vinyl.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
"You know, at one time, I used to break into pet shops to liberate the canaries. But I decided that was an idea way before its time. Zoos are full, prisons are overflowing... oh my, how the world still dearly loves a cage"

I LOVE this film!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
But the age difference!!! Quel horreur!
If the movie came out today, there would probably be some right-thinkin' types picketing it.
But it was delightful.
And I'd forgotten that Cat Stevens did the soundtrack.
I just might rent this later this week.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
that scene where Maude takes the little medallion Harold made for her, and throws it as far as she can, and says, "now I'll always know where it is," made me a much less needy person ... changed my life

At 24 I went to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and found that very machine and made just such a coin for my wife.

But she could not bear to throw it in the bay.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
PS-

for those who haven't seen it...
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is the closest thing to a Harold and Maude for the new millennium.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
who is harold and maude ?

It's a movie, kiddo.

For those who haven't seen it, here's a trailer:

YouTube - Harold and Maude Trailer

Harold and Maude had been on my list for ages, and I finally rented it this past summer. It was well worth it. A few weeks later, wouldn't you know it, it was shown at the Academy of Music in a nearby town. It's a pity I wasn't able to go to that show and see it in the theater.

I quite agree with much of Maude's philosophy, but I haven't got the courage to live accordingly. I envy people like her.

Does anyone remember the scene where Harold is essentially "feeling up" one of Maude's sculptures? I thought it was quite erotic. I also think Bud Cort has really sexy hands.

"Consistency is not really a human trait." --Maude

"Now, Harold, the Church has nothing against the union of the old and the young. Each age has its own beauty. But a marital union is concerned with the conjugal rights. And the procreation of children. I would be remiss in my duty if I did not tell you that the idea of intercourse - the act of your firm, young body...comingling with...withered flesh...sagging breasts...and flabby b-b-buttocks...makes me want...to vomit." --Priest

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not a fan particularly-I saw the filme once, maybe twice. The reason was rather twisted (even for me). You see, I lived in an apartment once where there was a book, Blow Up A Storm by Garson Kanin who was the husband of Ruth Gordon. Then I left that sublet furnished place and got my own place and there was Brewster McCloud in book form (I believe it may have been put out after the film)and the movie of course starred Bud Cort (birthname Walter Cox). Clear logic indicated to me that I should see Harold and Maude and so I did. I didn't particularly like Harold and Maude; but, then again, I didn't particularly like Brewster McCloud. In addition to having Bud Cort in it; Brewster McCloud also had Bert Remsen and Stacy Keach, two actors with lengthy career lines which I've followed almost shamelessly.

(added trivia-Brewster McCloud also had in it Margaret Hamilton, the wicked witch of somewhere in The Wizard of Oz)