Any ideas?

Irvy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In a couple of weeks my partner and I will have been together 3 years. I know that's hardly a major achievement, although I'm told it's a golden anniversary in gay years ;)

Thing is, I'm kinda stumped on what to do. We're not really romantically inclined in the traditional way, and while we do enjoy going out for food, we're not really a candlelit dinner kind of couple... plus, in the town where I live, 2 blokes in a restaurant having a romantic dinner could get a worse reaction if we were dressed as Nazis or something. Our version of a "romantic" day/evening is sitting on the sofa with a duvet wrapped round us and watching sci fi all day, and ordering pizza so that we don't have to be bothered with cooking. (Lazy, I know, but it makes us happy).

So any ideas what we could do? Nothing extravagantly expensive or anything, as we also both frown on wasting money. One thing I'd thought of was planning a dinner at my place, where I cook the main course and he cooks dessert, but I already know he'd just pick up a tub of ice cream or something (I tell you, we're really that lazy).

Anyway, any thoughts or advice will be gratefully received :D

MattMatt

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rent a nice hotel room, with a full sized hot tub( not one of those jacuzzi things) watch the movies from the hot tub ( all hotels have vcr's or pay per view in the suites) Order a huge loaded pizza...... ( AFTER you get hungry *G*) ( my fav spot has THEME rooms with 6 man hot tubs... themes like arabian nights, or the Hawiian room, or the Victorian room etc really plush rooms real cool decore) it runs about 200 a night but its really worth it. Its like walking right into a fantasy of your choice. Scope this out, they have video tours.. the Hawiian room is actually called the Polynesian room... there are more hotels like these across the states.. ( so Ive heard)

Irvy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That does look really awesome. Unfortunately, Edmonton is a bit of a trek from N Ireland! However, I do have family in Edmonton, so maybe if I visit sometime, we could sneak off for a night!

MattMatt

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
phone around and find a nice hotel.. theyre all over. God knows Irishmen are the horniest men on earth and Im sure there s aplace like this near you... unless you live in a real tiny town.

Irvy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's.... great, Matt, thanks. I'm just going to take that idea and set it on this other pile here, and.... oh dear, it fell in the trash. Ah well, thanks for trying!

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Irvy said:
That's.... great, Matt, thanks. I'm just going to take that idea and set it on this other pile here, and.... oh dear, it fell in the trash. Ah well, thanks for trying!

I think you should just keep it simple, like you said, Irvy. Make dinner and dessert.

IF you want something special.. Try and think of the first movie you watched together and rent it. That way, you can joke about how this was your First movie. Then you can relive your first kiss, first laugh, first anniversary etc.:biggrin1: