Any interest in a true women's only section?

Would you like a women's only section?

• YES PLEASE

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • No Thanks

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I asked before but when groups existed it wasn't an issue.

With Groups going away we have the potential to have a women's only section. Would you like that? Only females on the site would be able to see it and post in it.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'm gonna wait to vote in the poll for a bit, but I do have some thoughts.

RLG wasn't just open to all women of the site. I wasn't able to just join. The existing members would discuss new members before accepting because the kinds of discussions that were had were in confidence. Things (speaking for myself and likely others who were in that group) I wouldn't be comfortable having any random woman knowing about me. And then there are the fellas of SBA. They know pretty much all the same things. I was ok sharing those things because I've come to know them over time. So, I appreciate the idea, but it's not gonna make up for what we lost when the groups were deleted..

I'm legit mourning the loss of my favorite corners of the entire interwebs.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Privacy and vetting was always part of RLG's appeal. Friendship and familiarity that goes back over a decade for some is the core of the group. Good, bad and ridiculous...we got each other.

I don't think the same energy would carry over to a "select female and come on in" forum. I mean, there are a ton...like literally over a million people..users here. And just knowing there was a Women's Only area would be too tempting for some not to be butts about.

Plus we need our sexy lil dudes! SBA guys bring the charm, the wit, humor and the right kind of flirty-flirty-winky-winky let's touch butts fun.

There was mention of a private forum for some groups. Not a huge group number wise, we more than make up with it by being shameless post whores. A private group-forum would not be wasted.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a no vote on this. It wasn't about gender exclusivity. It was about a pretty tight knit group that was comfortable with open discussions.

I don't know every female member here, and I probably wouldn't feel as open to discuss certain things with just anyone.

A female only group is a generalization. RLG was not.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I agree entirely with all the above statements. Vetting was an important part of the groups. I genuinely only felt safe being open with the ladies who had been extensively discussed and vetted through the group. Opening it up to all folks with a gender tag of female, no. Absolutely not.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Using super dope Boobeh Pass powers to post in AaW...

I bring the wisdom and verse of a well respected gentleman of RLG SBA

I'm asking for special permission to make this post even though it's in Ask A Woman. Please???

Two and one-half cents from my perspective as someone who is/was a Member of the SBA group.

I was honored when I was invited to join. IIRC, you had to have at least 300 posts and be a Member for a certain time frame? And not be a dick (at least most of the time, lol).

It was a place to Commiserate. Share. Learn. Kvetch. Bitch. Moan. Groan. Celebrate. Mourn. And on and on.

An area to have some good honest dialog with folks who share a lot of the same values. Agree to disagree. Respectfully, which sadly is not always happening in the public fora. I learned a few things too during my time reading and posting with that group. I'll miss it for sure!

Perfect? Nope! But that group, IMO, was the epitome of the meaning "LPSG Community". A place for those who could share their inner-most thoughts and desires and know that some rando wasn't going to chime in with nonsense. Or post a random dic pic, lol.

I think what made this group work so well is because it had an active Moderator in @MickeyLee. Which seems to be key IMO to a successful group.

All of that said, knowing @Mr. LPSG, he'll do whatever he can to make groups possible again. In some format or another.

And if not, it won't be because he didn't try. That I know! :)

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I just wish there was a way to go about it without completely erasing content that genuinely mattered to me, and others.

Having a private conversation with everyone who was in the groups isn't the same. You can't keep up with different topics the same way we did with individual threads within the group. It's just a clusterfuck of posts if more than one topic is being discussed by more than one person. It's tedious to keep up with. Having a place to have specific threads for individual topics was awesome sauce with the coolest beans. Sharing pics I would never post in the open forum, being able to comment on pics other members shared.

The face pic extravaganza was SO FUCKING FUN!!! That would never happen outside the group.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
The group that was women only (please don’t call us females, it’s an adjective, and so often used in incel language), was slower than our hybrid with select men of LPSG.

while a women only area would be nice, the camaraderie, caring and compassion (and commiserating) with the select like minded was the true value of SBA.

Sentosa

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
As a (really) new person to the site I'd love an area that was verified women only (perhaps with an additional video chat screener, just so we know who we're speaking to)

Why a women only area? Well, it would be nice to have a women's area that wasn't about knocking back weird male projections and fantasies, where we could discuss issues that matter to us.

But I also get that Gender shouldn't be the only determinant of being in the group, hell there are women in the world that I'd trust with my life and others I wouldn't trust with a rusty butter knife.

So I guess my question is "How do we set up a group that's both closed enough for people to feel comfortable sharing experiences, but open enough that new people can come in and be a part of the community?"

I don't know the answer but the idea of a space where women can talk within a circle of trust, without excluding others based purely on them being new is my ideal.

At this point some guy is gonna jump in with an AI Screener suggestion, isn't he?

D

deleted848353

As a (really) new person to the site I'd love an area that was verified women only (perhaps with an additional video chat screener, just so we know who we're speaking to)

Why a women only area? Well, it would be nice to have a women's area that wasn't about knocking back weird male projections and fantasies, where we could discuss issues that matter to us.

But I also get that Gender shouldn't be the only determinant of being in the group, hell there are women in the world that I'd trust with my life and others I wouldn't trust with a rusty butter knife.

So I guess my question is "How do we set up a group that's both closed enough for people to feel comfortable sharing experiences, but open enough that new people can come in and be a part of the community?"

I don't know the answer but the idea of a space where women can talk within a circle of trust, without excluding others based purely on them being new is my ideal.

At this point some guy is gonna jump in with an AI Screener suggestion, isn't he?
We dont also its been said by long standing members of the female members that this wouldn't be a good thing we have 2 sections as it is and there was a group before groups were removed. Also men wouldn't be able to suggest anything on this thread since it's in ask a woman and not started by any who would comment