Any Lawyers in the house?

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
anybody? got a question or two
particularly useful would be SC state law officianados but any lawyer would be appreciated : o )

wellhung123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most lawyers would be hesitant to give out casual advice like this because it could be considered malpractice.

Let me guess: lease problem?

anybody? got a question or two
particularly useful would be SC state law officianados but any lawyer would be appreciated : o )

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
no potential sexual harrassment
problem is I'm male so I'm kind of at a loss
a female employee would go up to any member of management in the building and it would be handled before the end of the day, but as I am a guy I have asked and was told someone would get an answer to me, that was eight months ago
and I'm not making these examples up, I litterally did have a problem and was told they would get back to me and it is 8 months later, same problem exists no one has gotten back to me
I know letting them off the hook for 8 months was wrong of me and shows weakness but I'm not interested in being scolded for that so please hold back I have been scolding myself over it enough believe me
and a woman did litterally have her problem handled in the same 10 minute period she brought it up on two seperate occasions, that alone seems to indicate a sexual bias....
but I'd like to get what I have to say to some lawyer and all I really want to know is if I have a case
I guess I am looking for some free legal advice but hell I have the right to be treated as an equal right?
I don't even know anyone to talk to in the area or what kind of law it is CALLED to try and look them up?

wellhung123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is not legal advice.

Uh, I'm not a bright guy but I'm having trouble understanding what exactly the problem is. From what I can gather it seems like you talked to upper management about a (sexual harrasment?) problem you had at work eight months ago and they have yet to respond. Is that accurate? And now you want to take legal action against them? Or is your problem that you were sexually harassed?

no potential sexual harrassment
problem is I'm male so I'm kind of at a loss
a female employee would go up to any member of management in the building and it would be handled before the end of the day, but as I am a guy I have asked and was told someone would get an answer to me, that was eight months ago
and I'm not making these examples up, I litterally did have a problem and was told they would get back to me and it is 8 months later, same problem exists no one has gotten back to me
I know letting them off the hook for 8 months was wrong of me and shows weakness but I'm not interested in being scolded for that so please hold back I have been scolding myself over it enough believe me
and a woman did litterally have her problem handled in the same 10 minute period she brought it up on two seperate occasions, that alone seems to indicate a sexual bias....
but I'd like to get what I have to say to some lawyer and all I really want to know is if I have a case
I guess I am looking for some free legal advice but hell I have the right to be treated as an equal right?
I don't even know anyone to talk to in the area or what kind of law it is CALLED to try and look them up?

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
the problem is that management lets sexual harassment pass when it's female on male but when it's male on female it's stopped immediatly and the male is told if any further complaints come against himhe will be losing his job....
I don't WANT to pursue legal action but I will not be treated like less then someone else based on what happens to be between my legs

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have stopped giving legal advice on line... but you can go on line and go to the labor department site in your state and you will find exactly what you need!

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
Let me start this off by stating that this is not legal advice...simply an opinion. You can contact a lawyer who specializes in labor law/employment law like well hung said. You can find them in the yellow pages....most will offer a free consult. You can share your information and they will determine if you have a case.

However, does your employer have a grievance procedure or internal procedure to to get responses? Have you talked to your HR department? You might want to explore these options before you seek legal advice, as I am not sure what you are seeking advice on.