Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Magicians usually have a more chill temperament. I can see it now "no, mother fucker, you picked the god-damned queen of hearts"*tears up card throws in audience member's face*

I just figured it out. This guy is a true magician.

He is making everyone disappear with a click of the "ignore" button.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wish you could get real answers because I'd love to hear a discussion between two magicians even if they don't reveal anything. I sometimes watch Penn & Teller's Fool Us, and I listen to Penn's discussion after a magician has performed. It's like a whole different language! Almost like running a scam, which, I guess it is essentially.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*shrug* Ignore me. No skin off the nose of the rabbit I keep in my hat.

Real magic is way more interesting to talk about. The tiny personal magic people perform throughout the day on a sub-conscious level. I make socks full of good luck and love. Row on row of knots filled with purposeful thought. My grocery bags also have the blessing of several minor gods of the harvest and health.

I would make a terrible sleight of hand artist. I would be dying to tell everyone how I did it. Totally ruin the whole thing.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was at a party a few years ago where a magician was doing close-up magic. He blew my mind so badly that I was shaking! I really was! My rational side kept telling me that he's doing a trick, but my emotional side was screaming "run away! He's in league with the dark forces!"

But I couldn't look away. I was like a puppy following him around watching him do different illusions all night!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I just figured it out. This guy is a true magician.

He is making everyone disappear with a click of the "ignore" button.

Have to quote this, like is not a strong enough statement of agreement and enjoyment.
:joy:

Woooow, now we are starting to talk seriously!! :grinning::grinning:

How did you meet Dynamo, did he come to Australia or you were travelling?
We had special tickets to meet the master. Very funny bloke. I loved his card tricks where he flipped them over his shoulder bounced them off the sole of his shoe back over his shoulder into his hand again.

Ok, that was skill. But, when he took my loves phone and trapped it in a bottle....now that was magic :)...I asked if he could put her in a bottle.....

He just laughed and that was when he took the pic :) Nice bloke.

I do a few magic tricks myself....like putting my foot in my mouth on here occasionally:)

He was a very nice young fella, and I hope he thought of me a a nice old fella.

Media
Ok, now some serious answers please!
*casts the spell of Making*

“Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha do cheol déanta.”

*waves hands*

original.gif

Oh! Look! They disappeared.

Ta da!

Magic!

magician-magic-hat-animation.gif

Last edited:

The Little Boy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wish you could get real answers because I'd love to hear a discussion between two magicians even if they don't reveal anything. I sometimes watch Penn & Teller's Fool Us, and I listen to Penn's discussion after a magician has performed. It's like a whole different language! Almost like running a scam, which, I guess it is essentially.

Thank you very much for your contribution! :)

I wish that too, and if I don't get serious answers any time soon I will either start putting all of them on "ignore" or have the thread closed, if this is ever possible.

However, I didn't know that program, I'll look for some episode. :)

Reactions: BillM and EllieP