Any musicians out there ?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by jakeatolla, Feb 17, 2006.

1. jakeatolla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Came across this picture of a hand carved guitar.
    I figured where better than here to show it.

Attached Files:

2. 10inchPlus60

10inchPlus60 New Member

Yes....grew up in a family ( parents and grandparents ) who were professional musicians. My ex-wife and I have a lot of amateur musical performing experience as did our three 20-something children while they were growing up.

My ungle had a fender stratocaster electric guitar...This picture would give him a big laugh.

Thanks for a net post.

James

3. Webster

Webster New Member

I CAN PLAY THE SKIN FLUTE !!!

My father played guitar, trumpet and drums. His father played piano, mandoline, banjo, and violin.

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I had no childhood to speak of because my parents wanted me to practice, practice, practice. We got a lot of complaints from the neighbors early on but they finally would stop to listen when I'd sit before an open window and play Chopin, Brahms and, my favorite, Bach. I disappointed Mom, I guess, by not pursuing a professional career with a band but after Spike Jones died there just wasn't a big need for a master kazoo player.

5. Quadrille

Quadrille New Member

Aye.

I started on tenor saxophone in middle school and then got on bari sax in 8th grade. In 9th grade I switched to bass clarinet. In 11th grade I started playing contra-alto clarinet too.

6. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

I played both the flute and piano growing up, but really only have kept up with piano. Music rocks! :wiggle:

7. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Musician here, too. My undergraduate degree is in instrumental music (Horn major, piano minor) and I am fairly proficient on all wind and percussion instruments, with a working knowledge of guitar and the "orchestral strings." My senior recital on horn included one of the Mozart Horn Concertos; my senior piano jury included Chopin's Premiere Ballade; I am currently practicing toward a performance of a transcription for flute of Paganini's 24 Caprices for Violin Solo, and Bach's G minor Flute Sonata.

(Just an aside, but my Master's degree is in chemistry....)

8. Pappy

Pappy Member

Started piano lessons when I was 5, half way through the second one the lady that was trying to teach me gave up and then refused to try. Instead of reading the notes from the sheet music, I was playing what she played by ear. She told my mother that I was "too stubborn" to teach.Was that an end to my musical career, nope, at 15 I picked up a pair of drum sticks and I haven't looked back since.

9. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Professional musician here.

There is also a one (sometimes two) man electro instrumental / rock / metal shit I'm working on. I'm sure 90% of you would hate this motherfucker but hey.. I need to excise my demons.

Draft saved Draft deleted