Any New Yorkers?

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know, I know...technically I should be putting this in the Local LPSG, but does anyone go there to just "meet" people, or is it all about "hooking up"?

Anyhow, since I'll be making the big move to the city in a few months, I was just wondering who my fellow neighbors would be?

CeeTeeCeeTee

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 4 2005, 04:42 PM
I know, I know...technically I should be putting this in the Local LPSG, but does anyone go there to just "meet" people, or is it all about "hooking up"?

Anyhow, since I'll be making the big move to the city in a few months, I was just wondering who my fellow neighbors would be?
[post=296856]Quoted post[/post]​

i'm in New York and would be glad to meet you :D

hungthick

Experimental Member
Media
If I was going to NYC I would love to meet for drinks and a show or something just for fun without sexual expectations...why is that so hard to do -- i know what you mean....great avatar (i like this one the best).

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MZ, I'd be glad to meet up with you sometime. Hell, I even frequent OH often since my husband is from there, which would double our chances.

I probably should clarify (especially for the guys) that I am in no way looking to "hook up" or "get lucky". :lol:

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 5 2005, 09:30 AM

I probably should clarify (especially for the guys) that I am in no way looking to "hook up" or "get lucky". :lol:
[post=296956]Quoted post[/post]​
TAG--always enjoyed your posts; I'd be happy to grab a coffee and get some of your wisdom in person. I'm a new New Yorker, too--midtown east, between Grand Central and the UN.

And it's too late not to get lucky. You're a very lucky woman already!

hb8

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks HB8 :eek:)

and Chim....Moving to NY will be a move to the South for me since I live in NH now. I've been missing cowchips for over 8 years now, but at least I still get down there to visit family and get a yearly dose of ranch smells. :lol:

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 5 2005, 12:30 AM
MZ, I'd be glad to meet up with you sometime.  Hell, I even frequent OH often since my husband is from there, which would double our chances.

I probably should clarify (especially for the guys) that I am in no way looking to "hook up" or "get lucky".  :lol:
[post=296956]Quoted post[/post]​

You know, when I first read your original post, thats exactly what I thought ("lookin for sum action"). And then I read something about a husband and then I thought "ooh kinky". Then I read that you're in no way looking for any "hook up" and my hopes were dashed :cry: :D

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
*shouts* Deep in the heart of Texas! Woo!

Well, I might never have actually ridden a horse to school, but I did grow up on a ranch and rode horses frequently. I've even ridden a Brahman bull.....he was a pet bull though.

Plus I know how to fish, hunt, skin nearly anything that comes my way (including a rabbit using no knife), shoot a rifle or handgun, milk a cow....ah, you get the point. Anyway, I've gotta run....I feel PETA breathing down my neck.

LongTimeComing

Just Browsing
Media
I'm on Long Island, about 30 minutes out of Manhattan. Going through a divorce, happy to meet new people and maybe find new friends. I'm proud of the area, and love to play tour guide a little! Good luck on the move!

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'll actually be moving to the northern part of Westchester. Hubby isn't making big enough bucks yet for us to live closer to the city. :lol: I'd love to visit Long Island sometime. I have yet to even see the city though. The furthest south that I've stayed in NY was Tarrytown. The city is still intimidating to me right now.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Weschester is nice. TAG if I'm still in town I'll be more than happy to show you around. I think the city is pretty intimidating to most new comers. Don't sweat it. You'll adjust pretty quickly. :D

LongTimeComing

Just Browsing
Media
The city is actually very easy once you get comfortable. It is very safe now (unlike 15 years ago), easy to get around, people are friendly and love to be helpful. Go with a "guide" a couple of times, you'll be all set to explore on your own.

Upper Westchester is beautiful. Long Island has everything: urban slums, incredible 100 yr old estates, potato farms, fabulous beaches, dense middle american suburbia, great sailing, vinyards, horse farms, great restaurants, quaint villages.... It is big (well over 100 miles LONG).

Good luck on the move!

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 8 2005, 02:41 PM
I have yet to even see the city though. The furthest south that I've stayed in NY was Tarrytown. The city is still intimidating to me right now.
[post=298460]Quoted post[/post]​

NYC intimidating? Nahhh! Not that little city! :unsure:

Just think of whatever block your are on as being part of a city you are comfortable with. Just don't multiply it by 1000 in your mind! :D

LapDog :p

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by lapdog2001+Apr 10 2005, 10:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lapdog2001 &#064; Apr 10 2005, 10:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TexAssgirl@Apr 8 2005, 02:41 PM
I have yet to even see the city though. The furthest south that I&#39;ve stayed in NY was Tarrytown. The city is still intimidating to me right now.
[post=298460]Quoted post[/post]​

NYC intimidating? Nahhh&#33; Not that little city&#33; :unsure:

Just think of whatever block your are on as being part of a city you are comfortable with. Just don&#39;t multiply it by 1000 in your mind&#33; :D

LapDog :p
[post=299136]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, and buy yourself a good city map. That worked wonders for me, it&#39;s actually a fairly logical city to navigate. I was also shocked at how friendly and midwestern it seemed, I talked to as many strangers there as I normally do here.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the suggestions.

I mainly find it intimidating since I grew up in a town that had a population of 400. We only had 2 paved roads going through town and one blinking stop light. Compared to that, NY seems huge....well, compared to that, it IS huge. :lol:

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just my dumb luck :(

I lived in Manhattan from 1998-2003,
and returned to Texas before getting a chance to meet TAG or Jeep or any of the other New Yorkers.

Why couldnt I have met you guys when i was there, and often needed
some pals?

:shrug:

Well, TAG, you are off to my favorite city, and i do not think it is as intimidating as people woudl lead you to believe.

I arrived there, with a suitcase...knowing nobody.....and i made it just fine.
:D

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you ever decide to visit again, drop me a line or perhaps I&#39;ll look you up if I ever have a layover in Dallas or visit my aunt and uncle that live there. :D Sound like a plan?