Any New Yorkers?

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm another ex-NYC dweller. I finally left just prior to the downfall of the giuliani iron fist, after becoming progressively more fed up with it. I've been back a few times since, but now the whole town is all cleaned up and safe and shit ... well, it's still my favorite place in the world, it's just not the same anymore :( I'm sure mr. g is a great man for digging through the rubble on 9/11 and all, but I hate what he did to the city.

JoeWide2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 4 2005, 04:42 PM
I know, I know...technically I should be putting this in the Local LPSG, but does anyone go there to just "meet" people, or is it all about "hooking up"?

Anyhow, since I'll be making the big move to the city in a few months, I was just wondering who my fellow neighbors would be?
[post=296856]Quoted post[/post]​

TAG, I'm in NYC, and would roll out the red carpet for you. Best of luck in your relocation.

Joe

bignick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi all,

I'm coming from the UK to NYC for a week's holiday, probably sometime in June. Did the same last year, had a great time and looking forward to again. Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Manhattan - nothing fancy but decent, ok location and reasonably priced?

thanks,

Nick.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Apr 12 2005, 08:25 AM
reasonably priced hotel in manhattan??

:lol:
[post=299920]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, my best advice is to stay in New Jersey, rent a car and pay the $7 a day to cross the bridge!

HebrewNational

Just Browsing
Media
There are not "mid-priced" hotels in Manhattan, at least of which I am aware. Maybe NYU or Columbia have dorm space available in the summer. I just do not know, but it is worth a try.

As fot TexAssG...If you want to get in touch with the country side of life, go upstate. As redneck as one can get.
We go to the Finger Lake region each summer, about 250 miles from NYC. I like Cayuga, but they are all nice. Farms, wineries, nice bed and breakfast type inns, etc...
By the way...Texas to NH to NYC...Rangers, Sox or Yankees?

tightfit

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I visit New York most Easters I stay at the Vanderbilt YMCA on 47th.
It's not fancy (by any means) but it's reasonably clean, has its own cafe and is in a great location.
To be able to walk out of the door and within a minute see the wonderful Chrysler Building is just fantastic for me.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by HebrewNational@Apr 12 2005, 07:36 AM
There are not "mid-priced" hotels in Manhattan, at least of which I am aware. Maybe NYU or Columbia have dorm space available in the summer. I just do not know, but it is worth a try.

As fot TexAssG...If you want to get in touch with the country side of life, go upstate. As redneck as one can get.
We go to the Finger Lake region each summer, about 250 miles from NYC. I like Cayuga, but they are all nice. Farms, wineries, nice bed and breakfast type inns, etc...
By the way...Texas to NH to NYC...Rangers, Sox or Yankees?
[post=299952]Quoted post[/post]​

None, I'm an Indians fan. My husband is from OH and it wasn't until I married him that I started watching baseball. Now I love it. We even caught a few of the Padres games while we were living in San Diego.....there's nothing like seeing a game live. I'm looking forward to seeing a few of the Yankees games though.

bignick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by tightfit@Apr 12 2005, 02:04 PM
When I visit New York most Easters I stay at the Vanderbilt YMCA on 47th.
It's not fancy (by any means) but it's reasonably clean, has its own cafe and is in a great location.
To be able to walk out of the door and within a minute see the wonderful Chrysler Building is just fantastic for me.
[post=299970]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for that (and everyone else), I'll check it out.

Any more suggestions for around $75 / night?

Nick.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
jesus. if you really wanna pay $75/night you won't have trouble finding a hotel. even a web search will turn up several in that price band.

tightfit's advice is good. I stayed at the midtown YMCA briefly and as I recall it was about $35/night (this was some time ago now though).

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As Dr. Rock, said, check out cheaprooms.com and hotels.com and you will find rooms in your price range. They are all older hotels, with small rooms, and most have common baths on each floor. They are all in the 1 star to 2 star range. If you want a more typical room with a private bath in decent Manhatten location, then you may be out of luck. The YMCA or hostel route may be the way to go if money is that tight. Also, try Priceline, and who knows what you will get!

I once stayed in a place on the upper west side (sounded good) that had a single bed in the room because anything bigger would not allow for any space on either side! When I got up and sat on the edge of the bed, I was looking out the window! The sink and a mini-fridge were in the 'bedroom' and there was a stall shower and toilet in the adjacent bathroom. It was clean, but it was a very old and rundown place.

LapDog :p