any of from new orleans?

lionishleon

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hey just wanted to talk to some people about the experiences and events thats happening right now, about the hurricane etc.?

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'm pretty sure if there were people IN new orleans...they wouldn't be on the internet. the whole state's going to lose power. i'm watching the news right now and some are already losing power. apparently 95% of the people in new orleans has been evacuated. the only people there right now are the nation guard, police, and media.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good news is that it came in SW of NO, LA. As a category 2 storm. Not all levees have been rebuilt, those that have should withstand a category 2. Perhaps leaking at points.

According to news reports, Katrina brought storm surge of 27 feet, Gustav is bringing as much as 14 feet, but for the most part 8 feet above normal. Waves are overtopping in some areas, wonder if that's rebuilt levees or unrepaired levees ? Hopefully what they've repaired holds up, but also Gustav will give them a good indication of what really needs improvement. To say a category 2 is fortunate, for NO it has to be. According to weather experts, Gustav came at a softer angle as it hit.

For New Orleans, I wouldn't take this as a false sense of security for future storms, the levee system is a patchwork of repair and has withstood this/a softer storm. And it's a good thing this isn't a catastrophic storm that would've wiped out the progress of rebuilding since Katrina.

Last edited: