Any of you guys living "on the down low?"

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by BIGdkluver, Sep 9, 2006.

1. BIGdkluver

Gold Member

I was just wondering how many of you big-dicked guys are currently living "on the down low."

That's the slang term for a "str8" married dude who is secretly having sex with other dudes without his wife's knowledge. It came first to the public eye with reference to black married men, but the term could apply to any married male who regularly "cheats" with other men and his wife doesn't know about it.

Are you living this lifestyle, or do you perhaps know some other man who is? No need to give real names. I would just like to know how you "like" that lifestyle and if it's any different from simply being bi-sexual. Supposedly those who are on "the down low" claim that they are neither gay nor bi-sexual and that they simply want a change of pace and a little variety in their sex life.

Thanks for your response. :smile:

2. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Not clear how that makes them different from bi-sexual, seems to me that it makes them closeted bi-sexuals. But, to answer your question, I certainly know a lot of men in this situation. Actually, I know far more closeted bisexuals than I know ones who are open about it.

3. chrisung

chrisung New Member

The term may have originated where you say, or you may have become aware of it in the African-American community, but the lifestyle certainly did not originate there.

It's been around for centuries.

Some examples - King Richard I of England (12th century), King James I of England (17th Century), a recent Governer of New Jersey (21st Century)...lots lots more.

4. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think he just means the slang term first came to the public eye in reference to black married men. But I think it's just a slang term for cheating of any kind.

TLC's "Creep"

Chorus:
    So I creep yeah
    Just keep it on the down low
    Said nobody is supposed 2 know
    So I creep yeah
    'Cause he doesn't know
    What I do and no attention
    Goes to show oh so I creep

5. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    He's referring to the book On the Down Low by J.L. King, which discusses the phenomenon of "straight" black men who sleep with other men but do not consider themselves to be gay.

6. hot-rod

Gold Member

GREAT THREAD........GREAT THREAD

Draft saved Draft deleted