Any of you taken testosterone injections?

86Rick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm 50 and very overweight. My libido is suffering and blood tests confirm that my t level is way down. I received my first t injection a few days ago. I think it's helping some, but nothing dramatic. Have any of you received such injections and how did it go? Thanks.

pwrdick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I was prescribed injections for a short time period, switched to the gel for more of a normal daily variation, but what really worked for me was oral clomiphene. Boosted my own testosterone production with NO balls shrinkage (actually, they re-grew), no safety concerns and, once my body started producing its own, no longer needed it. Enter that into the 'search' box for this field to see more information.

Cletus5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I was prescribed injections for a short time period, switched to the gel for more of a normal daily variation, but what really worked for me was oral clomiphene. Boosted my own testosterone production with NO balls shrinkage (actually, they re-grew), no safety concerns and, once my body started producing its own, no longer needed it. Enter that into the 'search' box for this field to see more information.
Gel - did you get a script for that or ?

pwrdick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Gel - did you get a script for that or ?
Yes, prescriptions are required in US for all testosterone injectables, creams, gels (Androgel) and precursor pills. However, I recall having a local pharmacy compound a topical as well. Many years ago, before Androgel.

I have had satisfactory results with testosterone "pellets." These are about the size of a TicTac and up to 10 are placed in a small incision in a buttock. A treatment tends to last for 3 to 4 months.

Reactions: Cletus5

I also returned to Clomid or clomiphene after years of gels, creams and most recently injections. I'm happy my balls returned to their normal size, but it's taking months for my levels to rise. I'm patient this time around, and happy to be off the needle.
Good luck to OP. Taking Test will not cure the overweight issues, and the fact is, being overweight will have a counter affect on you treatment. I can tell you this from personal experience.

Reactions: pwrdick

sailm8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have had satisfactory results with testosterone "pellets." These are about the size of a TicTac and up to 10 are placed in a small incision in a buttock. A treatment tends to last for 3 to 4 months.
+1
On pellets. No stinky creams or weekly injections. You have bruised ass cheek for a few days but that's all. Really helped me. I've been taking them for about 4 years. Doctor monitors me with blood tests. My levels now average in the 500's as opposed to 150's. I can get hard, fuck like I'm 30 again without ED meds. Most of all I FEEL like fucking again. Hasn't helped with weight loss but has seemed to build a little more muscle. Haven't experienced any bad side effects. Wife has noticed my hard cock again and I'm back to eating cream pies. She actually gave an unsolicited BJ the other night. First one of those in a long time.

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm 50 and very overweight. My libido is suffering and blood tests confirm that my t level is way down. I received my first t injection a few days ago. I think it's helping some, but nothing dramatic. Have any of you received such injections and how did it go? Thanks.

I have taken them with no problem!

Truckin horny

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am on the testosterone injection and I have been on it now for probably a good 10-15 yrs and it is not an issue but I'm on it due to a medical condition I have, and it has helped with a lot of things but my balls were never big and never will b, as with my condition, ( anyone who wants to look it up go ahead it is klienfelters syndrome) I hope I have it spelt right so good luck to ppl who need it for other reasons I need mine to survive!

86Rick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've been away for a couple weeks. Thank you for all of the feedback. I have now had two injections and it is helping me.

I noticed pellets were mentioned. I once had them implanted and I noticed no difference. I suppose different things affect different people in different ways. :)

BaddJack

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been taking weekly injections for about 8 years.

When I first started the dosage was higher than my current prescription and gave me solid morning wood.

Two years ago I tried the pellets injected in my ass.
I had a constant pain at the injection point for months - never again, no noticeable libido improvement.

Ilimi60442

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This is very good. I've been getting this for about 6 months now

JackDoff

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
in the UK getting TRT is not an easy process apparently, so I bypassed the doctor and starting injecting myself weekly with test, that was nearly 5 years ago and I haven't looked back since. Muscle growth in the gym is greater, I'm leaner as a result of this and my sex drive is through the roof. The Mrs is happy with the results, I talked at length with her before taking the step, got her to read articles on test use and she even did my first jabs after watching videos on how to do intramuscular injections.

Your overweight issue will not be solved by testosterone alone mate, but the psychological effects from it will no doubt give the confidence to hit the gym and get in shape. Get a good diet plan which is high in protein and lower carbs with moderate fats and start training. 40mins weights followed by 20mins cardio 3-4 times a week will suffice for now. Fasted cardio works wonders too. Get up an hour earlier and before breakfast walk at a steady pace (not out of breath) for 20-30mins.

Good luck with the injections

JackDoff

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Be aware testicular atrophy is very possible, because there's a high amount of test in your system your pituitary gland will tel the leydig cells in your nuts to switch off production, this can and usually will cause atrophy to a certain extent ie your balls will shrink. Mine have but not too bad I know some of the bodybuilders in my gym that use high doses of steroids say sometimes their nuts hurt and are the size of raisins but I've not experienced either of those.

D

deleted1025121

I am on the testosterone injection and I have been on it now for probably a good 10-15 yrs and it is not an issue but I'm on it due to a medical condition I have, and it has helped with a lot of things but my balls were never big and never will b, as with my condition, ( anyone who wants to look it up go ahead it is klienfelters syndrome) I hope I have it spelt right so good luck to ppl who need it for other reasons I need mine to survive!
I've heard of this condition. When did you notice symptoms and what were they. Have you found the testosterone shots helpful or did they grow your testicles back?

BaddJack

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've heard of this condition. When did you notice symptoms and what were they. Have you found the testosterone shots helpful or did they grow your testicles back?

You need to take HCG injections to revitalize your gonads.

After several years of weekly testosterone injections, my nuts shrunk to the size of craisins.

HCG has brought the lil fellas back to life.

sixtwo190

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Also look into AVEED, a new formulation of injection test. It has to happen in your doc's office, but the shots are much less frequent. (I am not on Aveed, but a friend who is really notices a difference after trying both the gel and the pellets -- but not at the same time)
The gel never worked for me. So i continue self-injecting, and the results are solid.
And yes, you should not feel an immediate boost, but an overall rise in energy, appetite and libido.

D

deleted1025121

You need to take HCG injections to revitalize your gonads.

After several years of weekly testosterone injections, my nuts shrunk to the size of craisins.

HCG has brought the lil fellas back to life.
I have heard about HCG injections. Just have to find someplace that does them. Im gonna ask my urologist to see what they say. But I'm trying to do this a natural way.