Any Other Former Gym-goers Struggling To Find Motivation To Workout At Home?

D

deleted983493

its insane. Jeez i remember getting the old cement DP weights 110lb sets for like $50 at K-mart. lol.

Now its this View attachment 28578241 a pair of 8lb fkn plates good fkn grief lol
I HAVE....and currently use those exact weights...8.8 lbs. Neighbor died last year, guy cleaning offered, I took. When I shifted to home all I had was a curl bar, 2 Golds chrome dumbbell bars and a 110 lb mix of standard weights. I use them on the Marcy (takes 1" and Olympic), as well as the other bars. Maybe I could get $100.00 on ebay??? :)
Had the 110 lb DP sand filled as a kid...they leaked, and that swishing noise of the sand will follow me to the grave...

D

deleted983493

I HAVE....and currently use those exact weights...8.8 lbs. Neighbor died last year, guy cleaning offered, I took. When I shifted to home all I had was a curl bar, 2 Golds chrome dumbbell bars and a 110 lb mix of standard weights. I use them on the Marcy (takes 1" and Olympic), as well as the other bars. Maybe I could get $100.00 on ebay??? :)
Had the 110 lb DP sand filled as a kid...they leaked, and that swishing noise of the sand will follow me to the grave...

Actually they WERE concrete, now that I think about it. Red, had that wonderful metal collar that needed the 'special tool; to tighten. I remember cracking one, it was solid concrete. Over time as they broke inside they would leak, and the material would slosh around. I still have my damn workout book from 16 years old using those weights. F*ck...I'm 62 :)

MilfBanger78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
LOL yeah those were the first real weight set I ever had as a kid. Then when they would crack inevitably i'd beg my folks for new ones do extra chores etc lol.

Now TECHNICALLY the first weights I ever had was at like 8 yrs old, the Hulk Hogan workout set lol, had the poster chart pinned up on my room and would do it everyday before school lol

817fVVNYMSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: Gj816
D

deleted983493

LOL yeah those were the first real weight set I ever had as a kid. Then when they would crack inevitably i'd beg my folks for new ones do extra chores etc lol.

Now TECHNICALLY the first weights I ever had was at like 8 yrs old, the Hulk Hogan workout set lol, had the poster chart pinned up on my room and would do it everyday before school lol

View attachment 28599731
"You too can build Pythons like the Hulkster!!" ( Ages 4 through 8...)
(Steroids sold separately...) (Hulk Hogan not responsible for permanent injury, lack of 20" biceps, eventual hair loss, spousal abuse, or death resulting from misuse of this product...use at your own risk.) ( Signature yellow spandex briefs, tear-off t shirt, and headband available at a nominal cost..) (Poster non representative of product; user results may vary, for educational purposes only!)
(Weights, jump rope, Hulk Hogan SOLD SEPARATELY)

I couldn't resist.
Pretty much covers it. : -)

I was having a hard time motivating at home at the beginning of the pandemic. Built a gym in the garage. Made it look like an actual gym (I do Crossfit). Helped a lot, oddly. I guess the mental aspect of being in a "gym" vs just lifting in my empty garage. I also changed up my programming a bit to do something fresh. Feeling better than ever.

I was having a hard time motivating at home at the beginning of the pandemic. Built a gym in the garage. Made it look like an actual gym (I do Crossfit). Helped a lot, oddly. I guess the mental aspect of being in a "gym" vs just lifting in my empty garage. I also changed up my programming a bit to do something fresh. Feeling better than ever.

And yes I realize I just epitomized the CrossFit stigma that someone who does CrossFit will tell you. But in my defense I only did it to give you an idea of what my gym looks like lol

Juanlw4444

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really miss my gym. It’s open (for now) but I’m not comfortable going. Probably won’t be until spring or next summer.

I did well working out at home in the warmer weather. Warmup, weights or yoga or the rowing machine. But with the cold weather and teaching all day in our cold and drafty 100 year old house, I feel so cold and stiff by 3:00 that I just haven’t been working out.

Probably doesn’t help that we have a hormonal and pandemic-isolated 13 year old in the house who is requiring a lot of attention from me and my wife right now.

I know motivation is very personal, but I feel myself slipping into some depression-like moods, so I’ll take any suggestions you might have to offer.

TIA

Make the 13 year old workout with you! It may be a good way for you both to focus your energies.

And I hear you... sticking to working out at home is not easy. I definitely need the defined space of a gym to mentally engage in exercise.