Any other INFJs here?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_verilux, Mar 29, 2013.

1. bigmatt1983

bigmatt1983 Active Member

Albums:

meant that as a joke since i went into too much detail lol

2. coolr

coolr New Member

ESTJ

3. Fire Stick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am also INFJ. My F is near T, though. I am more rational in my decision making process than what is described in the INFJ profile, but I am also much more in tune to my own feelings as well as the feelings of others than what is decribed in the INTJ profile. I believe it is valuable to understand MBTI results as points along a continuum.

4. hungandquiteproud

I'm also a Pisces, and the associations with that zodiac sign come close to the verbiage in my personality type. The Keirsey Temperament Sorter describes INFJs as Counselors -- rich inner lives, preference for substantative and one-on-one relationships, valuers of harmony and cooperation, using emotions and rapport to support others. I can be an insufferable asshole sometimes, but this language sticks pretty close to my social interaction with other people. But I wouldn't read gender expectations too much into this.

The truth is, people are permitted to have rich and complex inner lives. Part of the problem, I think, is putting unfair expectations on others. It's the same reason why I think it's dumb that men are socially sanctioned from crying; at the same time, you see professional ball players blubbering when they fall out of the tournament. I'm lightened to see that younger men, maybe 10-15 years my junior, generally don't have as many hangups about that stuff.

5. sangheili90

sangheili90 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I took another test and really focused on the meaning of the question and got INFJ and read the description of that personality type in depth and it described me pretty well.

My sun sign is Pisces and my rising sign is Scorpio, I feel my emotions are too intense to classify me as an INTJ.
    However, when something happens to an individual because of something stupid they did I have no sympathy, which is an INTJ trait.

I don't know, I think INFJ because of my ability to relate to Darth Vader, Phantom of the Opera, Batman and novelization of James Bond. Honestly I don't think an INTJ would be able to relate to those guys, let alone anyone.

6. Patchos

Gold Member

IDGAF here

7. bigmatt1983

bigmatt1983 Active Member

Albums:

ive got a lot of that in there too

8. EquusAZ

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sometimes I find being an INFJ a little tiring. I always have to find a balance between helping everyone and making certain my own life is in balance. I also have to try to divorce myself from people's problems because it can become an overwhelming need to help them find the true meaning of the situation they are in.

I also work as a manager, and find being an INFJ a bit of a chore there as well as a challenge. The inner part of me understands WHY a person may be reacting they way they do, but I still have to enforce the corporate policies as well. The balancing trick is to find meaning in both, find where they marry, and assist the situation along as it progresses to the best outcome possible. Not. Easy.

In my own personal life I tend to be the insufferable counselor and shoulder for people to cry on. I have few true friends but those I find I tend to cling to.

Meh - now I find myself loathing the fact I have unloaded on people who have too much on their plate and resent the fact that it seems like *I* need help. I'm fine.

*sigh*

LOL

9. Teb8807

Teb8807 Member

I'm a ISFJ, which I guess is also really rare for guys.

10. Teb8807

Teb8807 Member

11. hrdhatdad

hrdhatdad Active Member

INFJ here

Draft saved Draft deleted