Any other Paralympics fans?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Drifterwood, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I used to have a bit of a crush on Tanni Gray-Thomson :redface:

I find the Paralympics truly inspiring on a sporting and human level. This guy BBC - Ouch! - Close Up - 13 Questions: Lee Pearson is one of our most famous paralympians, and he is gay :eek:

2. Drifterwood

Gold Member

What does it say about people that this thread has attracted virtually no interest and no comment?

Paralympians are real heroes. They are not driven by money and fame, but basic human spirit.

Fuck the lot of you.

3. Xcuze

Gold Member

People feel uncomfortable looking at, being around or even talking about the disabled. I suspect this is most true in an image & physical-ability obsessed country like America. I think it brings out peoples worst fears of what could happen to them. I grew up with a very obviously disabled uncle so Im used to being around it but most people aren't & they feel uncomfortable. This is the real reason why the paralympics only creates mild interest at best.

I'll happily be the thread-killer on this one. :wink:

ps; Congrats to team GB for being 2nd in the medals table with an amazing 41 golds - way ahead of USA & the rest.

4. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

5. jack65

jack65 New Member

My son and i watched some of the rugby, these guys were just amazing! if i ever am wheel chair bound that will be the sport for me!, the whole family has been watching the para Olympics, my wife and daughter like the swimming as well ( the whole family apart from me are Olympic freaks it's never of the tv weather para or regular).

6. edonline

Gold Member

I've been following some of the Paralympics online and it's true that these athletes are an inspiration to everyone, no matter how "abled" they are. Having said that, I also have to say that I find [SIZE=-1]Oscar Pistorius, the "Blade Runner", very handsome.
    [/SIZE]

7. agnslz

Gold Member

So do I. I was going to say so in this thread the other day, but I didn't know whether or not he's competing in the Paralympics and I didn't want people giving me grief for a mistake such as that the way they did in this thread where I also mentioned him:

South African Hunks

8. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    I have known several guys who compete in wheelchair sports.they are a real inspiration.

9. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:
    Awesome. Watching these guys/girls... It makes one realize how lucky, and lazy, one is.
    Paralimpians, as well as other disabled people are(or should be) an inspiration to us all.

Draft saved Draft deleted