Any regrets about getting circumcised as an adult

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by 5inch_notbig, Jun 23, 2018.

1. 5inch_notbig

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I will be turning 40 in the next couple of years, and my wife and I have agreed that, as a gift to myself, I am going to be circumcised. This is something I've wanted to do for a while now, so it's not a decision I am making without first researching it, and knowing all the facts. I've chosen to have it done for 3 reasons, those being: better penis hygiene, aesthetic reasons, as both my wife and I prefer the look of a circumcised penis, and finally, to reduce penile sensitivity, which will hopefully help me last a bit longer in bed.

Have any men that have gotten cut as an adult regretted this decision, and if so why?
    I am a little nervous about how it is going to feel when I masturbate, but other than that I am pretty confident that this is the right choice for me.

2. Lokopajero

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Im 54 and still uncut ! Pleaseeee dont do that ... is so risky and no natural ! If u live until now like this !!! Please not

Serrano likes this.
  3. DildoShwaggins

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I will tell you, it will be entirely different. Uncut to cut is not the same at all. So masturbation is not either, you are removing the glide and will have rub everything directly over it. Probably will need lube more for jacking off.

You know how I talk. I wouldn’t do it. ;)

I would say investigate options but you are doing it for aesthetics and “cleanliness.”

Dorsal slit is another option, and loose circ (semi/partial)

LordAlfred likes this.
  4. DildoShwaggins

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Bottom line though, if you truly want to, you gotta do what makes you happy. Function differences probably don’t even matter to you, if you feel strongly.

EmperorJimbo likes this.
  5. cityson

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

So long as you are convinced it is the right choice for you. Because this you need to be - convinced. Once it is performed there is no going back. Except restoring, to a degree, but you cannot un-cut a circumcision.

EmperorJimbo and DildoShwaggins like this.
  6. cityson

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That is exactly it, DS. What if it doesn't make 5inch happy?

Being intact means you can eat the cake and have it too.

Murphys and DildoShwaggins like this.
  7. DildoShwaggins

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It sounds hypocritical but I agree with you. I have seen people post on restoration forums with instant regret. I feel for that.

Serrano likes this.
  8. DildoShwaggins

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wanted to add. You are not only desensitizing the head but having removed some of the most sensitive tissue on the ventral side or desensitizing it. That tissue causes shoots of pleasure for me as probably you, but that may go.

Murphys and 5inch_notbig like this.
  9. cityson

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Apparently there is no immediate danger of you considering having this done to you ; )

Looking at your photos I was once again reminded that beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. One of the reasons for 5inch_not big wanting to get circumcised is for aesthetic reasons. In my view your penis is a great example of the opposite.

10. DildoShwaggins

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Agreed.

11. 5inch_notbig

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The less sensitive, the better. I have never been bothered about how my foreskin feels, and I've never had shoots of pleasure from it.

dominoes and LondonCutguy like this.
  12. DildoShwaggins

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Guess we are all different. :p

5inch_notbig likes this.
  13. 5inch_notbig

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    We defiantly are.
    Anything that can help me not cum after a few strokes I will be happier with!

dominoes likes this.
  14. LordAlfred

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was circumcised as an infant, so I cannot answer as an intact man circumcised as an adult. I can however say that to a small extent you can "uncircumcise" yourself through foreskin restoration. It's time consuming, and it's not exactly like the original, but you can recover your glans with skin if you want. I've been going down the foreskin restoration road a while now, and I'm pleased with the results. Even my doctors don't know I'm not intact unless I tell them. So in a way, there is a semi-reversable aspect to getting circumcised.

At least you are an adult who has researched the topic and you are making the decision for yourself. I can respect that. I think your penis looks fine as it is, but it's your body so you do with it what you want. If you feel that being circumcised will be good for you, then that is your decision to make; I hope it goes well and that you heal quickly and are happy with the results.

15. 5inch_notbig

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thank you very much.
    I do see circumcision as a body mod, like a tattoo, or piercing. And I hope too that I will love it when it is done.

16. LordAlfred

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Circumcision is a (generally) permanent body modification. It is exactly like a tattoo, and very much like a piercing. I'll avoid derailing your thread by bringing up the "anti-circumcision" arguments, rants, etc, and simply say that you should do what is right and good for you.

You seem to have researched circumcision a bit, and you've talked it over with your spouse. I think you're well on your way to making an informed, adult choice and that is great. I would also recommend that you look into different circumcision methods as they all have a slightly different appearance when completed (not only different devices, but how much skin is removed as well). You can choose from a plethora of different "styles" of circumcision, and I would say it is a good idea to choose one that is most likely to result in the look and feel you desire as an outcome.

Additionally, you should look into choosing the right doctor. Don't just pick one because they're inexpensive. Look into their background and history. Make sure they're going to do things in a way that makes you comfortable, and that will result in your desired outcome.

17. 5inch_notbig

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have been looking for the right doctor for a few weeks now, and I will not be settling for a cheap one. And I have in mind exactly what I want my penis to look like after. Again thanks

orangeC and LordAlfred like this.
  18. LordAlfred

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You're very welcome. I wish you the best of luck in finding the right doctor, and I hope you heal quickly and that the end result pleases both you and your wife.

5inch_notbig likes this.
  19. cityson

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I do mention foreskin restoration in my post, LA. And as I have said earlier you are doing a great job on this!

20. Javier Andres

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Although I was circumcised at birth I do wonder what life may have been like had I been left uncut. My brother isn't cut and he says the same about me. We go back and forth all of the time but its one of those grass is green where you are at type of situations.

Sherwood D. Likelym and Peter20 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice