Any regrets about getting circumcised as an adult

D

deleted817718

I will be turning 40 in the next couple of years, and my wife and I have agreed that, as a gift to myself, I am going to be circumcised. This is something I've wanted to do for a while now, so it's not a decision I am making without first researching it, and knowing all the facts. I've chosen to have it done for 3 reasons, those being: better penis hygiene, aesthetic reasons, as both my wife and I prefer the look of a circumcised penis, and finally, to reduce penile sensitivity, which will hopefully help me last a bit longer in bed.

Have any men that have gotten cut as an adult regretted this decision, and if so why?
I am a little nervous about how it is going to feel when I masturbate, but other than that I am pretty confident that this is the right choice for me.

S

SirConcis

A few years after becoming circumcised, it will feel perfectly natural as if you had been like that all the time and when you see an uncut, it will look "foreign" to you because it won't remind you that you used to be like that anymore.

There is a learning curve initially. How to piss, shake after pissing, and obvioustly how to masturbate. If you are cut tight right off the bat, your brain is forced to relearn right away. If you still have some slack but skin wont go over head, your brain will havd the instinct to move skin, but you'll find it doesn't work very well. You need to condition yourself and unlearn uncut masturntion and learn to run shaft/head and once you have ditched the uncut masturbation, you won't look back.

Having tight shaft skin during erection is amanzing.

You will feel more like a man in underwear.

The fun thing is to noticed the iold instincts, and eventually realise you have gainned new instincts. You may find yourself trying to push foreksin back over head at first.

After pissing, you'll try to milk and push foreskin foresrd and realize that doesn't work anymore ! But eventually, shaking it becomes second nature and your uncut instincts are all gone.

Adults who have wanted it for a long time and who do it for personal preference almost always love it and their only regret is not getting done earlier in life.

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no regrets getting circumcised as an adult. I was 35 years old but wish it had been done when I was born. The first day afterwards I couldn't feel that the foreskin was missing. I adjusted to bring circumcised quite fast.
I masturbate with or without lubrication, it doesn't make any difference, just however I want to do it. I'm glad I got circumcised, just wish I had done it much sooner.

Peter20

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Although I was circumcised at birth I do wonder what life may have been like had I been left uncut. My brother isn't cut and he says the same about me. We go back and forth all of the time but its one of those grass is green where you are at type of situations.
Yeah you're right. But I am glad I'm circumcised.

glansout

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A few years after becoming circumcised, it will feel perfectly natural as if you had been like that all the time and when you see an uncut, it will look "foreign" to you because it won't remind you that you used to be like that anymore.

There is a learning curve initially. How to piss, shake after pissing, and obvioustly how to masturbate. If you are cut tight right off the bat, your brain is forced to relearn right away. If you still have some slack but skin wont go over head, your brain will havd the instinct to move skin, but you'll find it doesn't work very well. You need to condition yourself and unlearn uncut masturntion and learn to run shaft/head and once you have ditched the uncut masturbation, you won't look back.

Having tight shaft skin during erection is amanzing.

You will feel more like a man in underwear.

The fun thing is to noticed the iold instincts, and eventually realise you have gainned new instincts. You may find yourself trying to push foreksin back over head at first.

After pissing, you'll try to milk and push foreskin foresrd and realize that doesn't work anymore ! But eventually, shaking it becomes second nature and your uncut instincts are all gone.

Adults who have wanted it for a long time and who do it for personal preference almost always love it and their only regret is not getting done earlier in life.

I agree with all this - especially the last sentence. I certainly wish I'd got it done many years ago. Like many others, I'd made my foreskin stayed rolled back for ages before getting it removed, so I knew an exposed glans was what I wanted. From reading and chatting online, I think those circumcised as adults who do not like it are those who have had to be done for whatever reason - phimosis, accidents, etc - though often they find they prefer it. Those of us who choose it are rarely unhappy: if we are, it's usually because it's not tight enough! Happy to talk further by PM.

So long as you are convinced it is the right choice for you. Because this you need to be - convinced. Once it is performed there is no going back. Except restoring, to a degree, but you cannot un-cut a circumcision.

I was circumcised as an infant, so I cannot answer as an intact man circumcised as an adult. I can however say that to a small extent you can "uncircumcise" yourself through foreskin restoration. It's time consuming, and it's not exactly like the original, but you can recover your glans with skin if you want. I've been going down the foreskin restoration road a while now, and I'm pleased with the results. Even my doctors don't know I'm not intact unless I tell them. So in a way, there is a semi-reversable aspect to getting circumcised.

At least you are an adult who has researched the topic and you are making the decision for yourself. I can respect that. I think your penis looks fine as it is, but it's your body so you do with it what you want. If you feel that being circumcised will be good for you, then that is your decision to make; I hope it goes well and that you heal quickly and are happy with the results.

sim_8701

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have no regrets at all I think for me it was one of the best decisions I made. I had always wanted to be circumcised and went I got it done I wa in my early 20’s I was really happy with it. It’s strange but I feel more manly having been circumcised maybe because my dad is and most of my friends were. Well that’s my take on things

LondonCutguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Got cut aged 29, because I prefer the look and feel if a cut cock - hated my foreskin, which was loose and never stayed rolled back. 24 years later, I still think it's one of the best things I've done for myself; 100% happy!

Thank you very much.
I do see circumcision as a body mod, like a tattoo, or piercing. And I hope too that I will love it when it is done.

Circumcision is a (generally) permanent body modification. It is exactly like a tattoo, and very much like a piercing. I'll avoid derailing your thread by bringing up the "anti-circumcision" arguments, rants, etc, and simply say that you should do what is right and good for you.

You seem to have researched circumcision a bit, and you've talked it over with your spouse. I think you're well on your way to making an informed, adult choice and that is great. I would also recommend that you look into different circumcision methods as they all have a slightly different appearance when completed (not only different devices, but how much skin is removed as well). You can choose from a plethora of different "styles" of circumcision, and I would say it is a good idea to choose one that is most likely to result in the look and feel you desire as an outcome.

Additionally, you should look into choosing the right doctor. Don't just pick one because they're inexpensive. Look into their background and history. Make sure they're going to do things in a way that makes you comfortable, and that will result in your desired outcome.

cityson

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I was circumcised as an infant, so I cannot answer as an intact man circumcised as an adult. I can however say that to a small extent you can "uncircumcise" yourself through foreskin restoration. It's time consuming, and it's not exactly like the original, but you can recover your glans with skin if you want. I've been going down the foreskin restoration road a while now, and I'm pleased with the results. Even my doctors don't know I'm not intact unless I tell them. So in a way, there is a semi-reversable aspect to getting circumcised.

At least you are an adult who has researched the topic and you are making the decision for yourself. I can respect that. I think your penis looks fine as it is, but it's your body so you do with it what you want. If you feel that being circumcised will be good for you, then that is your decision to make; I hope it goes well and that you heal quickly and are happy with the results.

I do mention foreskin restoration in my post, LA. And as I have said earlier you are doing a great job on this!

ukboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had it done at the age of 43 - Haven't looked back. The chances are that if you have wanted to get cut for a long time, you won't either.

If I can offer two bits of advice:

1) research thoroughly the type of circumcision and the various clinics. I chose Luton who were excellent and went for a high cut which keeps more of the sensitive inner foreskin.

2) Above all else pay extra for skin glue. It gives a much neater result and speeds up healing by around 50%.

Stretcher5

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I apreciate your problem, but I'm inclined to think it might be in you head. EG if you 're having sex with the same woman for 30 years and she's fat and boreing, then you will probably not have the problem in fact you might have trouble gettng to orgasm and maybe not evan able to get erect, but if you meet a 25 year old super model you might go off straight away! The other thing is to do plenty of foreply so she will cum quickly so you don't have delay your own orgasm.
I'd be very careful before getting cut!
s5

GoingOnABoeing

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Why wait 2 more years to get circumcised? Go for it now.

Agreed. If he has made up his mind and doesn't have any doubts then there's no reason to wait. Enjoy the benefits sooner.

XXXWolverineXXX

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got cut at 19 many years ago. did not notice difference in pleasure at action time. Looks much nicer and ladies like it better .
Got a high and tight cut Do not regret it!! better than that long overhang.
Women love the cut look.