Any scholars on LPSG

DenBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have a Bachelors and Masters from top tier universities, and am reasonably well hung. If I were guessing I would guess that most of the people posting on forums like this are better educated than the average.

spoolworm: Maybe it's true. Men do think with their dicks.

lisztless2004

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm still newbieish here, and regard wryly the enthusiasm with which folks've bragged on this thread, but I teach Latin and Greek at a good NE liberal arts college I shall omit to name. I just got my PhD last year, at 26. BTW, DoubleMeatWhopper, your posts on language are awesome, and I enjoy them very much. Am seriously contemplating a monograph on attitudes toward size in the ancient world--I would have to dress it up a bit to give it that ineffable scholarly patina, but I think there's serious work to be done. .pdf offprints all around, if it comes to fruition!

lisztless

cypher13

Experimental Member
Media
I guess I am just part of the trend here: PhD in physics in 1981 at age 26. Wrote a few technical papers that a few people read and a dissertation that nobody read. I never discovered anything of significance - actually, I never discovered anything at all. Worked as a physicist only a little while (sadly, designing weaponry), then moved on to academia (Columbia University), found that not to my taste, then I became a "rocket scientist" on Wall Street, designing option pricing models and large scale computer trading systems, which I found I enjoyed far more than I thought I would.

This is intermixed with interests in a wide range of things, from the fine arts and heavy classical music to - as some have inferred around here - black magick. By the way, you will be shocked - or maybe not - to learn how common the practice of black magick is in higher scientific circles and, yes, Wall Street, too.

To this day, that inch-long equation that explains everything in the universe eludes me. Even black magick has failed to reveal this one.

Kimahri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by cypher13@Feb 2 2005, 11:48 AM
Don't feel that way!

Intelligence is like cock size: what you have doesn't count for nearly as much as what you do with it.
[post=279557]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, I don't really. Got accustomed to it. Not a bad thing actually. Don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone is bragging, I think it's pretty interesting. I've had people tell me they were geniuses and downing on me for my "inadequacy", but never saw them do anything. Truth be told, it's a bit intimidating...no way around it there, but I've done some impressive stuff with what I have. :)

I have a severe mood disorder that affects how I learn and stuff, so I could be a genius or a rock and it will matter little.

Though, on the upside, I'm awesome in sciences, math and spatial relations based things. It also alters how I view things around me sometimes, so that helps with being naturally cunning. ;)

So, I'm good.

bigsam

Just Browsing
Media
I would posit the theory that most of the people seen HERE on an internet website devoted to support for large penises are here because and not inspite of the fact that they are intelligent.

True we have our lurkers and trolls, but for the most part you have to assume that the people who come here are not only well educated enough to seek out a support group for physical and emotional issues entailed by their "condition" but usually (note the usually) engage in intelligent and rational discussion of those problems and for the most part genuinley try to help each other.

As such I don't think its necessarily that lots of intelligent people are hung, but that the smart ones that have issues with it actually come here to do something about their problems. They seek to learn and expand their understanding through dialectic discourse and also seek to disseminate that understanding to others with the same issues.

As an example of how it is probably not at all related...my fraternity (which has the highest GPA on campus, and to relate another stereotype is all jewish...lol) has both myself and one other guy who I know use Magnum XL condoms...2 others who use regular Magnums and a few others who are probably similarly endowed. I know that we also have several people who were described to me by a girl as having the "smallest penises ever" who are quite intelligent. So I really wouldn't assume any sort of corrolation (nor would I expect most other people to).

Its like my favorite quote from Slaughterhouse 5 (related to Billy Pilgrim the main character...a nerd) "He had a tremendous wang incidentally, you never know who will get one"

All I can say is...thank goodness we mostly draw the smart ones. Its a much more comfortable environment for everyone's understanding and insightfulness.

gwinea2000: In my experience in various online forums, I'd say I've found the average 'internet' IQ to be roughly 140 and the average 'internet' penis to be in the 8-9 inch range -- and I have no doubt about its accuracy.

"I've got ocean-front property in Arizona...from my front porch you can see the sea..." ;)

Kimahri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by gwinea2000@Feb 2 2005, 12:39 PM
In my experience in various online forums, I'd say I've found the average 'internet' IQ to be roughly 140 and the average 'internet' penis to be in the 8-9 inch range -- and I have no doubt about its accuracy.

"I've got ocean-front property in Arizona...from my front porch you can see the sea..." ;)
[post=279571]Quoted post[/post]​

I sense a study forming.

LuckyLuke

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by gwinea2000@Feb 2 2005, 04:39 PM
In my experience in various online forums, I'd say I've found the average 'internet' IQ to be roughly 140 and the average 'internet' penis to be in the 8-9 inch range -- and I have no doubt about its accuracy.
Indeed, so true!

And for the thread, I do have a BA & MA.

B_duracock9x6

Experimental Member
Media
In May of this year I will complete my masters degree in international economics, and picked up a BA in international political science. I also have a BA in Business administration with a minors in marketing and communication. I am Bi-ligual. My professional career is in the field of international fiance and banking. I suppose the final thought I am suppose to reveal i am right at the 9 inch mark. Let me know what you think or if you just ever want to talk about life one day. Peace

Originally posted by LuckyLuke+Feb 2 2005, 07:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LuckyLuke &#064; Feb 2 2005, 07:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-gwinea2000@Feb 2 2005, 04:39 PM
In my experience in various online forums, I&#39;d say I&#39;ve found  the average &#39;internet&#39; IQ to be roughly 140 and the average &#39;internet&#39; penis to be in the 8-9 inch range -- and I have no doubt about its accuracy. 
Indeed, so true&#33;

And for the thread, I do have a BA & MA.
[post=279585]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

cypher13

Experimental Member
Media
Kimahri -

You&#39;ll have to trust me on this one...but anyone who tells you they&#39;re a genius and then comes down on someone - anyone - else for what they believe to be "inadequacies"....either isn&#39;t a genius or has inadequacy issues of their own.

There&#39;s more to being a man than merely having testicles and more to being a genius than merely having smarts. In both cases, there is also a sense of responsibility, a sense of giving/sharing, a necessary sense of compassion, and that&#39;s just the beginning. Too often these so-called "geniuses" get wrapped up in the inadequacies of the world: everything is too slow or too simple or... whatever - I have heard adjectives that rapidly cross the line into sickening. Well, if someone is so smart, why can&#39;t hat person overcome this, even to the point of creating one&#39;s own corner of the world, if necessary? Generally, they would rather bitch and moan. Most real geniuses are smart enough to find their way in the world and some even do a bit of good for others in the process.

It was difficult growing up as "the smart kid." It was even more difficult when I became "the smart kid with the big dick." Then, in time, perspective came along and ...well....at last I came to enjoy being me. My attitude became one of "I am not being difficult, so if you can&#39;t handle what or who I am, then that&#39;s your problem, not mine&#33;" Alas, it took decades to get to that point.

someone2004uk

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well I&#39;m and Art school student, so I&#39;m either gonna be a dumb slacker or someone with a pinch of intelligence.

I&#39;m also dyslexic. I had to do an IQ test for proof and comparison (to some other tests) and it was 109 I think, probably about average, or a bit above.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I graduated high school with High Honors, and was thisclose to being in the top 10% of my class. If I was one position higher in the class ranking I would have made it.

I have a BS, and half an MBA. :D I made it about halfway through the MBA program before I burned out on the long hours, the cost burden, and the prospect that I still had a long way to go.

I&#39;ve never taken an IQ test, so I have no idea what my IQ is. I do know that I am very good at Trivial Pursuit, so I retain tons of knowledge of useless data&#33; :p

LapDog :p

someone2004uk

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by lapdog2001@Feb 2 2005, 10:07 PM
... I do know that I am very good at Trivial Pursuit, so I retain tons of knowledge of useless data&#33; :p

[post=279655]Quoted post[/post]​

I have an abundace of useless facts in my head, the majority I would guess are partially or wholly incorrect :) I probably got it from my dad. Him being the trivial pursuter in our family.

A one of my favourites would be that the VW beetle was inspired by a czech car called the Tatra 98 and not a wholly original design by VW. Or maybe the more commonly known fact that William Shatner never said "beam me up scotty."

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by someone2004uk+Feb 2 2005, 05:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(someone2004uk &#064; Feb 2 2005, 05:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lapdog2001@Feb 2 2005, 10:07 PM
... I do know that I am very good at Trivial Pursuit, so I retain tons of knowledge of useless data&#33; :p 

[post=279655]Quoted post[/post]​

I have an abundace of useless facts in my head, the majority I would guess are partially or wholly incorrect :) I probably got it from my dad. Him being the trivial pursuter in our family.

A one of my favourites would be that the VW beetle was inspired by a czech car called the Tatra 98 and not a wholly original design by VW. Or maybe the more commonly known fact that William Shatner never said "beam me up scotty."
[post=279660]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I believe it was really, "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes." :p

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
I made honor roll last quarter... nothing special, but im usually real lazy about my work and actually tried this time&#33; I guess im kinda glad for myself. Im surprised at the amount of really smart people here, but then again, after reading nearly all the posts here, its really not so surprising&#33;