Any Sci-Fi Fans ????

Alex Chambers

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I love sci-fi. I read Asimov's Foundation series years ago and LOVED it. I have also read some Bradbury, some Alfred Bester (check him out), a little Heinlein. I enjoyed Card's Ender series. I thought Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy was some great stuff (I think stories revolving around space colonization/terraforming are my favorite). I have a great collection of still-unread books I hope I can get to read by the time I retire in a few decades!

Lemme ask you guys something. . . any of you read Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 by L. Ron Hubbard (yes the guy who invented/discovered/developed Scientology)? Don't laugh--whatever anyone says or thinks of Scientology, I thought this book was great: action packed and funny. From what I understand there was a really, really, REALLY bad movie made from the book :rolleyes:.

Am a science fiction fan....think you have a little too much spice though....pussyworm :) :)

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lemme ask you guys something. . . any of you read Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 by L. Ron Hubbard (yes the guy who invented/discovered/developed Scientology)? Don't laugh--whatever anyone says or thinks of Scientology, I thought this book was great: action packed and funny. From what I understand there was a really, really, REALLY bad movie made from the book :rolleyes:.

I quite liked it actually, in spite of the Scientology propaganda growing through it like cancer. The movie was indeed horrible. It's ironic that one of the claims of Scientology is enhanced creativity, yet a movie based on a book written by the creator of Scientology and starring one of the world's leading Scientologists sucked major ass.

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Battlefield Earth was very good. I also read Mission Earth, a ten part series of novels that he wrote to commemorate some aniversary as a writer. It wasn't too bad, but a tad long winded.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A New Dune is comming.....

I saw Dune at the movie theaters with my older sis. We are major science fiction movie buffs. We had gotten a DUNE vocabulary sheet :eek: at the ticket booth...WE SHOULD'VE TOOK THAT AS A SIGN. Because we watched that movie and we REALLY DID NOT HAVE A CLUE. My sister fell asleep on it. I just watched the fremen hop on the backs of those big sand peni. :smile: The movie as it was was a mystery after...my sister and I were like, ":confused:What the fuck?!!:eek:". David Lynch just lost me on DUNE.

Then the SCI-FI network had a special on Frank Herbert's DUNE and they showed David Lynch's DUNE with a VERY special added prologue. After that, I totally understood what the movie was about. I even recorded it on VHS. I even showed the newer version with the prologue to my sis. We both agreed that we understood the movie. We EVEN talked about how confused we were without the prologue at the movies. We EVEN remembered the glossary sheets when we saw the movie at the theaters.

Thanks, Jake. I really liked the cat picture. I am going to send that one to my sister. SHE is going to laugh at that one.