any stories from the golden age?

SFRunner

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Just curious:

I regularly read one blog where the author occasionally talks about the "old days" (70s - early 80s) when it was much easier for a guy to get a BJ. It also seems like in those days, more guys were open to the idea of getting head from a guy just to get off. Some snippets of what I've read about these times

-guys exiting the commuter train, getting a BJ in the train station restroom, then heading into the office (married guys were doing this)
-guys getting blown in mall restrooms. husbands getting blown while the wife is shopping.
-guys getting BJs all over college campus restrooms

I'm sure some of this still happens today, but it seems that it is nothing now compared to the "old days".

Question: did this really happen? are these exaggerated fantasies? kinda makes me wish I was around in those days. I'm hoping some of the more senior members here can chime in.

bigbulgelicker45

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm 48 and started going to the bars on Aug. 7, 1981 (just one time to see what it was like and I was hooked) but I really didn't do too much. I don't remember really getting picked up a lot (but my friends were always having sex) but there were a lot of cruising spots back then. I did have my fair share of men though.

There was one Sunday night in July of 1985 when my best friend and I were living together (not a good idea) and we had gone out. He had picked up someone and I went out driving all night looking for some cock and went to one of the cruising spots along the Detroit River. I remember the sun was coming up and there was a guy I thought was really hot and as stupid as I was with still being drunk, I fell into the river and he helped me out.

Since he helped me out I asked if he wanted a blowjob and said "sure." I think I blew him in the restaurant parking lot or behind an apartment building. After he came I went back to our apartment (a good 20 minutes away) took a shower and went to work. He asked me why there was seaweed all over when I came home from work.

There were a few more times after I moved back home but I can't remember how I picked them up and then it was off to a "productive" day at work.

The only other things I remember were the adult bookstores/theaters were open after the bars closed and it was pretty easy to pick guys up there. I always played coy by playing Pac-Man until I found something I wanted :)

Reactions: broviantsoudakis

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My buddy used to go to the Fenway, a wooded area in Boston. He'd blow three guys at once, pretty routinely. I'm sure he didn't tell me and my girl about the real orgies, or the hardcore stuff.
I was too afraid of ending up, uh, 'turning gay', so I wouldn't engage in contact sports, like everyone else. There were glory holes in most every men's room, where somebody had bored a hole through the stall wall. There would be one between the two stalls, and one at the urinal. Used to have hot double solo jerks, when we'd take the toilet paper out of the glory hole, but not put our cocks through. I'm sure the other guys were putting their dicks through, and getting blown once or twice a day when they went to the men's room. I would watch the guys piss from an inch or two away, and play with myself. The other guy in the next stall would be jerking furiously. You know how 'straight' guys can go wild, when they find some anonymous cock, and know they are not going to get caught. You could see, and almost smell, them ejaculate.
Even that was red hot. Sometimes I would see old guys. They might have looked old, but you couldn't tell by their dicks. Older guys, younger guys, they were all either pulling it, or getting it sucked.
You can imagine the height of sexual freedom, when society was opening up in every direction at such a rate that no one could keep up, and before any of the STDs took much more to cure than a shot of antibiotics. Men were fucking animals, and nobody had to keep a leash on it.

SFRunner

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I wonder if a lot of those guys were going home to a wife / gf and not saying a word about it.

It's kinda mind-blowing to imagine that if I wanted a BJ, I would know exactly where to go to get one and then move on with the rest of my day. Or if a guy was in the mood to get on his knees and suck, he knew where to go and wait for it (for not very long). And it seems like it was happening all over the place.

Nowadays, even if you have a gf/bf, sometimes getting off (other than masturbation) isn't a trivial operation -- unless you have the best partner ever :).

Thanks for sharing, dude.

Jughead

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Back in the middle 70's I got a blow job from a chick, while I was sitting at the bar. Place was dark, not too many people in the joint, I knew the bartender, and he knew EXACTLY why I had that look on my face. Kind of an editorial comment, but since I've mentioned bartender, a couple of years after my bar blow I tended for a couple of years to help a restaurant owner/buddy out, and was absolutely stunned at the amount of quality pussy I was getting. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. On more than one occasion I was asked straight out if I wanted to fuck or have a blow job. Did some of them in the back room during a break, some in the car, others at their place or mine. It was pre-AIDS, rarely ever used any protection, did pick up the drip a couple of times but Doctor Payne would quickly get me back to normal with a shot of penicillin. It was a golden age, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Lakeshore

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My best sexual experience before marriage happened after an acquaintance and I had watched the original Halloween movie in '79. She came on to me after it was over and started unbuttoning my shirt. I could tell she was hot-n-bothered and was looking to get satisfaction. We quickly ended up in her bedroom and she blew me until I came in her mouth. I was very young so had an erection again in a short while and she climbed on top of my dick and starting riding me. A good friend had dropped by and we heard him come in the front door and shortly saw him as he walked down the hallway. In 30 seconds he was naked and sporting a raging hardon. I was in her pussy so he just crawled up behind her, lubed his dick with her KY Jelly off the nightstand and inserted his dick head in her ass when she quit riding me so he could hit the bullseye. She smiled and encouraged him to keep fucking her. We both had no condoms on. Just our bare dicks in her bare body. We both came in her pussy and ass and fell back on the sheets to recover. It was a super-hot experience! And years before AIDS became such an issue so we only had pregnancy to worry about. Or the clap. I miss those days.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
From high school when I had my first gay sex with my best friend until the mid 80s I loved being barebacked. Well, it was how it was done then. I remember having two guys come to my place late one night. I was home alone and they were out drinking and came over to go swimming. I let them go back to the pool and staying inside. I looked out the back door however and saw them naked and kissing and sucking each other. I dropped my draws and went out to join them. The next thing I knew all three of us were sucking and fucking each other. I finished one, swallowed and moved to the other and did the same. The both sucked me off doing the same. Then we fucked each other.

Another time I met a guy a flower shop getting an arrangement made for mothers day. He called me that night, we went out then back to my place. He bb'd me and shot a huge load in my ass. I dribbled all day the next day, I think!

Nowadays, I wouldn't do any of that. I'm way to paranoid but that said, I still see guys cruising in the woods, restrooms, etc. which makes me wonder why gay men continue to cruise and why it's so accepted as part of the gay "lifestyle".

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had never been to a "gay" bar until I moved to Birmingham. Back then you really had to watch out for vice. They would infiltrate and arrest you for SP (sexual perversion) or even crash after-hour parties. We use to have a police scanner for such warnings. Back then bars (even straight ones) had to close at midnight M-S. and there were usually after-hour parties.

The Birmingham vice squad was known to use good-looking law enforcement who sometimes made the first move but it was their word against yours.

One of the bars I worked in partime wouldn't let us warn customers/friends if known vice were spotted. Called "obstruction of justice."

Yes, I miss the old days even though you took chances.

upone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gawd, speaking as a straight guy, in the 1970s and early '80s, everybody was getting BJs all over. Once I showed up for a second date with a woman who was 4'10" with a great set of knockers; she met me at the door completely naked, dropped to her knees and gave me the first of many blowjobs. That was back when all BJs were bareback and women all expected you to cum in their mouth, and they all swallowed. I didn't meet my first spitter until the mid-1990s.

While I don't recommend it from a traffic safety point of view, driving while getting blown is entertaining, especially along the Pacific Coast Highway.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh yeah, college in the 70s! Chicks used to line up outside my dorm room door waiting for their turn for me to fuck them. Always used condoms though, very fearful of PG. BJs and they always swallowed! Had a lot of guys come onto me then too in locker rooms, steam rooms, fitting rooms, etc. but I was way too homophobic back then. Didn't know what I was missing! if I only knew then what I know now . . .
Also, I was a bartender during dental school during disco era and got to dance with any chick who asked . . . lots of BJs and pussy fucked from that job! So glad i went to college in the 70s!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: broviantsoudakis

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gawd, speaking as a straight guy, in the 1970s and early '80s, everybody was getting BJs all over. Once I showed up for a second date with a woman who was 4'10" with a great set of knockers; she met me at the door completely naked, dropped to her knees and gave me the first of many blowjobs. That was back when all BJs were bareback and women all expected you to cum in their mouth, and they all swallowed. I didn't meet my first spitter until the mid-1990s.

While I don't recommend it from a traffic safety point of view, driving while getting blown is entertaining, especially along the Pacific Coast Highway.

I blew an ex bf on the 405 one evening several years back

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mainly that it was a sweet time for getting around the World
seeing and sharing ( by sight only ha) the wonderful Smiles & Bodies of many Youthful persons m/f of different cultures

as we have aged, and there children/grandchildren do similar with ease, its comforting to see..
(talking my own Whanau-family in Maori)

As for the Sexual aspect of said era, have to confess we were pretty much all supressed to some degree, and i am figuring Strs also did not have it so easy (talking NZ this time ha)
I surely had no freedom of Bjs haha.
Parents of that time were no where near as liberal as todays huh?
enz

SFRunner

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
college was pretty insane when I was in school too, but I can imagine it was a good time in the 70s as well if you were in the right place. I, too, was not open-minded enough to explore mansex and I think I missed out as well. Who knows, I may not have made it through college with all of those distractions... Thanks for sharing ejacman

Oh yeah, college in the 70s! Chicks used to line up outside my dorm room door waiting for their turn for me to fuck them. Always used condoms though, very fearful of PG. BJs and they always swallowed! Had a lot of guys come onto me then too in locker rooms, steam rooms, fitting rooms, etc. but I was way too homophobic back then. Didn't know what I was missing! if I only knew then what I know now . . .
Also, I was a bartender during dental school during disco era and got to dance with any chick who asked . . . lots of BJs and pussy fucked from that job! So glad i went to college in the 70s!!!