Any Suggestions For Cycling?

skippy_1314

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wondering if any of you with large balls such as myself have figured out anything to help with ball pressure while cycling? I have tried the seats for men with a "cut out" but does not seem to work. My balls still rest on the nose of the seat and after about 1hr or so I can not take it any longer.

Next step is going to be a jock under my cycling shorts to see if that helps. Anyone figured anything out, looking for suggestions?

Thanks guys.

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have big balls too but I'm ok bike riding, so I don't think ball size has much to do with it. Most of your weight is taken on the pedals if you're going at speed. You need your saddle at the right height and angle. Pretty much horizontal is usually ok. For a mountain bike it's similar.

If you're talking about a touring bike then you're saddle is bigger and wider and you'll take a lot of your weight on the cheeks of your bum, but again the height and angle need adjusting before it's comfortable. Having said that, you do need to do quite a bit of regular riding before it becomes comfortable. It's a bit like playing guitar; at first it hurts your fingers really badly and you get blisters on your finger tips. But if you keep practicing the blisters eventually peel and disappear and you are left with slightly harder skin on your finger tips and you can play for hours on end without any problems. It should be the same with bike riding. If you continue to experience ball pain it might mean you have something wrong and perhaps you should ask your doctor to examine you.

bigsmile

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the traditional seats are impossible to use comfortably..result in numb nuts :eek: The split seat or the larger wider heavily cushioned seats seam to help a great deal and I stopped riding for a while due to discomfort. forget the cup .. hard to find a cup that can fit all of me without pinching due to it shifting and some of me falling out the sides. ouch!

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Next step is going to be a jock under my cycling shorts to see if that helps. Anyone figured anything out, looking for suggestions?
Have you tried padded cycling shorts or bibs? Pearl Izumi brand fits the best for me. As I'm getting ready to ride away from my front door, I reach down and lift my dick and balls up and away from the seat, clip in, and go. Every 5 miles or so, I'll usually need to reach down and lift everything up again, yet it works fine.

I'd be cautious about wearing a jock or briefs if you're doing distance riding. The crotch seams are in the wrong place between the torso and the seat, and the friction can give you a rash.

pleasureboy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have been messing with this too. My current 'system' is a combination of making sure your bike fits. If you are in the market for a bike, find a Trek dealer. They aren't that expensive but the biggest deal with them is that they make different frame sizes and geometries. Their dealers can measure you (inseam, height, arm length, etc) and match you to the right frame.

If not, make sure when you adjust your bike (seat height and height of your handle bars (adjusted using that central pivot point) that when you sit on the seat and put your weight on the handlebars that there isn't too much weight pushing forward. You want to hands to give you support, but to mainly be used for controlling the bike. Also, the angle it puts you in shouldn't be so that your neck gets sore from looking too far 'up' while riding.

For seat height, you want your seat at the position so that your legs are almost (like very almost) fully extended at the very bottom of your pedal stroke. In other words, you want to just about lock out your knees when your legs are at their straightest (which is generally when that pedal is at its position closest to the pavement).

Get those two adjustments down before you do anything else. And make sure your seat is truly straight front to back. I still have my factory hard seat. The shape is right really for guys -- narrow at the front and not too wide at the back. I may upgrade soon to a silicone one just because I tend to chafe from the long distances I cycle (15-30 miles a day). Keep in mind, it's not your ass that is supposed to be supported by the seat. It's actually that hard area between your anus and your balls that should be on the seat (basically the narrow part of the seat). The "saddle" in the back is for leaning back to rest a bit and nothing more.

Now, the seat and bike adjustment is the main ball protection you can do. Beyond that, I have gone to wearing bike shorts with my balls lifted up off my legs and such, and then a pair of gym shorts on top of those. The two layers give me a pretty good lubrication effect and keep my balls from getting squished too bad.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Pleasureboy: Good call on Trek. I can only say great things about how they do business. I bought a lightweight Giant fitness bike 5 years ago from another shop, and the fitting was a joke. I've been dealing with a Trek dealer in La Mesa for parts and service for years, and watched them fit 3 of my friends for high end road bikes. A guy at the Trek place even fitted my Giant bike for me at no charge because I was a good customer. It made a big difference, especially on long distance rides. I was so impressed with the detail of each fitting that I knew I would buy my carbon fiber road bike from Trek. My new Trek is a joy to ride, although I replaced the seat with a more user friendly cut out design. I'm looking forward to today's ride!

pleasureboy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am on my 3rd trek in 15 years and the other two were stolen. The first one I got when I first went off to college and it was the second to cheapest model. I rode it for 7 years with no probs or maintenance. That one got stolen and I replaced it with a 15 year old high end moutain/road combo. I had planned on buying a new trek then. Went to the dealer and some guy had just traded in his old one. Picked it up for $150 with the plan of ordering my new one when the insurance check came in. The bike was so great I never replaced it. Rode it halfway across Europe and from Kentucky to Alabama and back a few times. Someone stole it back in 2005, and I bought a midrange new one for around $700.

Since then, it's had about 25k miles on it and counting. Only two things have had to be fixed on it and trek warranted them so my total out of pocket on the bike in 5 years, including repairs and maintenance has been about $100 and most of that was only necessary because when I was living in Florida the salt air ate up a lot of my parts.

Basically, they cost only marginally more than Wal-mart/Target/Academy bikes yet in 15 years, I've never had to replace one due to failure of the bike. I'm a customer for life.

schs1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sorry I have the same problem. I have an old Bike rubbery flexible cup (I don't think they are made any longer) that I have had for approximately 15 years. I bought it when I was playing soccer in high school. This cup is very flexible and hugs my big balls cradeling them. It is not a perfect soluction but for me it helps. That along with the padded shorts. I have to admit after a long ride, 15-20 miles, my nuts are sore!