Any tips for growing bigger biceps???

hungxxl_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
hey guys, I work out a lot, I'm having a lot of gains, but my arms grow slower than the rest of my body. I got a great chest and great legs, but my arms could be better. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for that. Thanks!

Reactions: Gj816 and DSF140

ou8my9x6

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Depends on a couple of things. Bicep, like all other muscles has a long and short head. It could be a case of working one more than the other. What types of curls are you doing? That'll determine which part of the bicep you are attacking.

I tend to use excersises that will attack both during a workout. My trick is also to superset the part of the bicep I'm working on to exhaust it that much more. I'll warm up, then 50% 10-12, 80-90% 5-6, then back to 50% until fail, wait 10 sec, then 50% to fail. 4-5 sets usually will exhaust the part of the bicep you are going after.

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Depends on a couple of things. Bicep, like all other muscles has a long and short head. It could be a case of working one more than the other. What types of curls are you doing? That'll determine which part of the bicep you are attacking.

I tend to use excersises that will attack both during a workout. My trick is also to superset the part of the bicep I'm working on to exhaust it that much more. I'll warm up, then 50% 10-12, 80-90% 5-6, then back to 50% until fail, wait 10 sec, then 50% to fail. 4-5 sets usually will exhaust the part of the bicep you are going after.
Good advice. @ou8my9x6 knows the game, ant it shows in his pics.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The young man approached the Teacher and asked, "How can I make my biceps larger, Master?"
The Teacher replied with a question, "How many pull-ups can you do?"
The young man answered, "Six or seven."
The Teacher responded, "Go from here. Come back when you can do 20 pull-ups."
The young man turned and left, downhearted.
The Teacher turned to the assembly and said, "The man who can do 20 pull-ups doesn't care how big his biceps are."

D

deleted1027980

The young man approached the Teacher and asked, "How can I make my biceps larger, Master?"
The Teacher replied with a question, "How many pull-ups can you do?"
The young man answered, "Six or seven."
The Teacher responded, "Go from here. Come back when you can do 20 pull-ups."
The young man turned and left, downhearted.
The Teacher turned to the assembly and said, "The man who can do 20 pull-ups doesn't care how big his biceps are."
Great Info.

D

deleted1027980

Besides curls, you can do weighted chin-ups.
Or doing 21s on the chin-up bar.
Also, any kind of rowing will use your biceps as a secondary muscle.

Tony Alvirez

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey guys, I work out a lot, I'm having a lot of gains, but my arms grow slower than the rest of my body. I got a great chest and great legs, but my arms could be better. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for that. Thanks!
Curls where the dumbbells are parallel to your sides.

Reactions: DSF140

It's probably genetics. Luckily I am blessed on that part, but with me my chest stays behind.
Keep doing your biceps but also accept that it will stay a bit behind.

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Also, you need to work your delts. It's difficult for me, or anyone else, to give you advice when we can't see how you look, when we can't see your strong points or your weak points, or how proportional you may or may not be. But a common problem of guys with weak-looking arms is that they are attached to shoulders that have weak delts.

autoballer

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Not sure if anyone else said this, I had great results from doing one arm at a time dumbbell exersizes

At my best I was doing this:

A set of pushups 10-20

A set of arm curls 10-12

A set of triceps (weigh behind your head both hands) 15-20

A set of hammer, holding the dumbbell perpendicular to the ground while doing a curl like motion 10-12

Repeat 3 times and eat something after.
I did that and lots of cardio and my chest and arms looked great; I almost had abs.

Best thing about this is you only need one dumbell.

I looove preworkout!

Work your back while you're at it but do exercises that require a supinated grip.

Chin-ups not pullups
Yates rows w/ supinated hands
Pendlay Rows w/ supinated hands
V- Grip (you know the one, every gym has these) Lat-pulldowns

These will not only get your back jacked (which you definitely want) but because of the supinated grip it works your biceps more than it would with a pronated grip (i.e pull-ups, prone versus chin-ups, supine.)

Don't forget the bigger your triceps look the bigger your arms look. My absolute personal favorite tricep builder is the seated dumbell shoulder press; I've noticed that not only has it tremendously improved my Overhead Barbell Press (standing; this is also my main upper body lift) but it really packed on visible size on my triceps.

After all that you can always do hammer curls and concentration curls to get your biceps to peak. Then you can look into doing some sets for time under strain (Layne Norton used to tie a special band around his biceps and hold the top of a bicep oriented movement like a concentration curl or preacher curl for a period of time, worth looking up on youtube)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andremarkpts

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Work your back while you're at it but do exercises that require a supinated grip.

Chin-ups not pullups
Yates rows w/ supinated hands
Pendlay Rows w/ supinated hands
V- Grip (you know the one, every gym has these) Lat-pulldowns

These will not only get your back jacked (which you definitely want) but because of the supinated grip it works your biceps more than it would with a pronated grip (i.e pull-ups, prone versus chin-ups, supine.)

Don't forget the bigger your triceps look the bigger your arms look. My absolute personal favorite tricep builder is the seated dumbell shoulder press; I've noticed that not only has it tremendously improved my Overhead Barbell Press (standing; this is also my main upper body lift) but it really packed on visible size on my triceps.

After all that you can always do hammer curls and concentration curls to get your biceps to peak. Then you can look into doing some sets for time under strain (Layne Norton used to tie a special band around his biceps and hold the top of a bicep oriented movement like a concentration curl or preacher curl for a period of time, worth looking up on youtube)
What are your stats?