Any writers on here?

NicholasSommerby

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So there's obviously people with an interesting span of imagination as shown in the Fictitious Stories forum. Outside of that, though, is there anyone on here that enjoys writing in their free time? For those who do:

What type of writing do you enjoy (IE Poetry, short stories, novels, comics, etc...)?

What's your favorite genre to write about?

What was it that got you into wanting to write?

Where is your favorite place to write?

What would your ideal place be?

Do you have anything you'd want to share on here?

For myself, I enjoy writing potential novels within the fantasy genre. I've attempted to dabble in other genres, but I keep finding myself coming back to fantasy...specifically transitional fantasy, or stories that start in our world and then transition in some way to a completely unique and mysterious world (or in one story's case, a completely new universe).

I've been writing ever since I was in 7th grade, though sadly I have nothing published (or even close to that point) yet. I have JK Rowling to thank for getting me into it, because it was some time after reading the first Harry Potter that I started to feel the creative urge to write.

Normally, I write right up in my bedroom with some music playing on my computer. Sometimes I'll take a notebook with me and head out to the park, write down ideas, and then translate them to my computer later. My ideal writing place, as silly as this might sound, is an open meadow next to a waterfall, with the ends surrounded by lush forest. I ended up incorporating my exact ideal (as I envision it in my mind) into one of my stories.

I'm actually in a stage of recovering most of my stuff that ended up getting wiped from the computer after it was restored. This is pretty much all I have at the moment:
Click me!

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm in the midst of writing a self-help book.....

I've been collecting quotes about various wisdoms for about 9 years.
Then I transformed that collection into a met-analysis of what every great mind/voice has been advising on living a better life and using that information to compile a sequence of life-lessons.

I'm only doing it because too many people kept begging me to write one, and then realizing that the time is now if ever I wanted to do anything with it.

My greatest trepidation for starting was that I had never perceived myself as a writer....
it just never seemed like my term. But I know how to conceive sentences and adequately get my thoughts across, so when I finally started typing... the information just happened.

Fuck your self-doubts... regarding your own work.
Just do it. Seriously..... just start.

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've written a couple of columns and contributed to a couple of magazine articles. I wrote and edited a cookbook. I'm currently working on a book (I doubt I'll do anything with it ) it's been an interesting experience to stir up some old memories and relive them to breathe some fresh insight and new perspective into them.

v32bone

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I write poetry, song lyrics, stories and cultural journalism (movie & CD reviews)...I write anytime and like writing in my home or sitting in a public place listening to the world go on around me. I come from a family of storytellers...our family's oral history passed down through generations...you can find some of my sex writing (essays, poems, stories, etc) at http://fantastic.mined.blogspot.com

origamiheart

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Chances are, I am one of those persons who has written more than he has ever spoken in life. I've written poems, essays, and stories. I compile data about prairie plants and animals and write about that. Every now and then, I write human interest stories for the local newspaper.

When I write something of length (insert your own joke here), I do it on computer. When I write a poem, I have to do it in my own handwriting, scrawled on paper or my hand/arm.

I have dreams about people who have passed away.....people I have known. I write out every detail and give that written account to someone in the family of the deceased.

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I compile and assemble publications for two other interest groups I am in, one is a mostly monthly newsy what's-happening-in-the-group type, the other is a quarterly very technically-oriented tome. In the monthly newsletter I usually write nearly every word in it, save for one guy who has a recurring column. The quarterly journal I do more editing/proofing and layout kinds of tasks with articles that others have written than write actual material for it, though I did have a lengthy article in it once.

The only piece of erotica I have written so far is http://www.lpsg.com/220248-the-dock-boy.html. I had originally hoped to have several installments but lost inspiration with the project.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I used to write a lot when I was in school, and even had a couple of poems published when I was in my teens, but I haven't written anything worth reading in years. I just can't seem to find the inspiration. Saying that, I've been kicking a story around in my head for the last few months, and will probably get round to writing it down one of these days, but who knows? The problem is coming up with something unique rather than trotting out another derivative piece of fantasy.

It doesn't help that I freelance for a publishing company and spend a lot of time editing, proofing and translating other people's work, so when I get home, the last thing I want to do is to sit down and write again.