Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's awesome. first seasons especially. You have to be invested in it to dig it now imho.
Last nights was retro 80's cool though. I love me some Walter though :)

I think I will have to check it out sometime. Thank you! :biggrin1:

Naw its ok. We did indeed steal'm. He kicks anus as house. Been meanin to check out his other stuff with Stephen Fry. Only got as far as QI (which is frickin hilarious!) Oh and John Noble is errr excellent at subtly. His facial expressions just scream emotion. (oh man i'm weirder than i thought) lol

I'll give it a try and see what develops. Thanks. I don't suppose I can blame you for stealing him. I still haven't watched 'House'. You should definitely check out 'A Bit of Fry and Laurie' and 'Jeeves and Wooster'. We'll see how much anus he kicks in 'House' after you have seen his stellar performances in those shows! I agree, QI does rock! :cool:

i like it but don't how much you like it:cool:

Only time will tell my friend.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'll give it a try and see what develops. Thanks. I don't suppose I can blame you for stealing him. I still haven't watched 'House'. You should definitely check out 'A Bit of Fry and Laurie' and 'Jeeves and Wooster'. We'll see how much anus he kicks in 'House' after you have seen his stellar performances in those shows! I agree, QI does rock! :cool:

Don't forget Blackadder!

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Shoot, you guys are way ahead of me. I watched Season 1 on dvd last year and really dug it. Have been meaning to watch Season 2, but haven't got to it yet. I occasionally surf by Season 3 on tv and have to avert my eyes. I couldn't help myself and watched a couple of minutes once. Yikes, spoiler!

I love Anna Torv.

And don't get me started on Dr. Bishop. :biggrin1:

Reactions: dreamer20

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love the show. That said - the alternate worlds plotline this season is a tad confusing, and overplayed IMHO. My biggest gripe is the lack of Joshua Jackson skin, but who'm I to quibble? This past week's episode annoyed me a bit though:
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

We see that Olivia and Peter knew each other as kids. Yet the entire series previous never hinted at that. The pilot actually shows them meeting for the first time. And don't give me "they don't remember". These are not brain dead dolts. How would they have forgotten each other?
Then there's Peter as a kid knowing that Walter and Elizabeth aren't his real parents. Again - his awareness of this was never previously hinted at.
Continuity anyone??

Reactions: dreamer20

D_Salvatore Speedbump

Just Browsing
Media
Yeah i gotta agree with you on that one. Seems like they pulled a LOST move with that. Even so its still better than a lot of the other shows on the air right now. Think they might be trying to grab more watchers...which means that it won't be on for long. So i'll enjo it while it lasts :)

@SprinkleMe69 Thanks :D you seem to be thee only female that does lol.

@ManofThunder Ok err i think my face just got kicked in with a steel toed boot of funny haha with a side of bust a gut. (Which hurt...in a good way lol) A Bit of Fry and Laurie so far is hilarious. Blackadder :D here i come.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
@ManofThunder Ok err i think my face just got kicked in with a steel toed boot of funny haha with a side of bust a gut. (Which hurt...in a good way lol) A Bit of Fry and Laurie so far is hilarious. Blackadder :D here i come.

He's only in season 3 (Blackadder The Third), so make sure you watch the right one (other seasons are brilliant too, but they don't have HL in them). You'll laugh when you see the character he plays :biggrin1:.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

He's only in season 3 (Blackadder The Third), so make sure you watch the right one (other seasons are brilliant too, but they don't have HL in them). You'll laugh when you see the character he plays :biggrin1:.

Listen to the lady - she knows what she's talking about. However, Hugh Laurie is actually in 'Blackadder the Third' and 'Blackadder Goes Forth'. I'm in a forgiving mood, so subgirrl - you're forgiven. :tongue: I'm glad you are enjoying 'A Bit of Fry and Laurie'. If you should develop a taste for Rowan Atkinson after watching 'Blackadder', be sure to check out 'Not the Nine O'Clock News' as well. You may only recognise the good Mr Atkinson but it also features a number of other, excellent comedians. :smile:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Listen to the lady - she knows what she's talking about. However, Hugh Laurie is actually in 'Blackadder the Third' and 'Blackadder Goes Forth'. I'm in a forgiving mood, so subgirrl - you're forgiven. :tongue:

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about Blackadder Goes Forth :redface::redface:. Probably because I've only seen it once or twice, whereas other seasons I've seen many more times. Thanks for the forgiveness :tongue::redface:.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh yeah! I totally forgot about Blackadder Goes Forth :redface::redface:. Probably because I've only seen it once or twice, whereas other seasons I've seen many more times. Thanks for the forgiveness :tongue::redface:.

You're very welcome. :smile: You must watch it again! You must watch it until you can quote it! That's the rule! :eek: :tongue:

MsThang

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love the show. That said - the alternate worlds plotline this season is a tad confusing, and overplayed IMHO. My biggest gripe is the lack of Joshua Jackson skin, but who'm I to quibble? This past week's episode annoyed me a bit though:

We see that Olivia and Peter knew each other as kids. Yet the entire series previous never hinted at that. The pilot actually shows them meeting for the first time. And don't give me "they don't remember". These are not brain dead dolts. How would they have forgotten each other?
Then there's Peter as a kid knowing that Walter and Elizabeth aren't his real parents. Again - his awareness of this was never previously hinted at.
Continuity anyone??

I finally did watch it and I have to agree that I didn't like the twist in the plot by having Olive and Peter meet when they were young. To be honest, I would have preferred if Olivia and Peter never became romantically involved.

Aplus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I finally did watch it and I have to agree that I didn't like the twist in the plot by having Olive and Peter meet when they were young. To be honest, I would have preferred if Olivia and Peter never became romantically involved.

The Olivia/Peter meeting when they were young thing, screamed re-write to me. Just didn't think it was necessary. If Peter has to chose, he has to chose. Don't give him an unfair out. Other than killing off present universe Charlie, one of the few missteps this brlliant show has made IMHO. Oh, and what happened to that female agent from the beginning of this season? Ok rant done.

Still this is one of my favorite shows on tv. Shows like this, well other than X-Files, don't seem to last very long on network television. Don't know if it'll get another season, but I am glad it has lasted this long so far.

yurkon

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I guess I read too much into things because I thought there was an implication that they were around each other because they were both kids of a similar age, it was known that olivia was part of the study and given that peter is walter's son and that walter is trying to save him from having to go back to the other universe I figured he was part of the program too.

In an earlier episode it was shown that one of the bald headed dudes was around when peter died. To me bald headed guys from other world imply they interfered with this reality, as does/did walter. It seems peter going away will solve the rift between universes, while walter wants to stop the rift, he doesn't want to lose peter.

I probably read too much into things in the past.

I ebb and flow on the show. The good ones are thought provoking and the poorer ones have me wondering why I bothered other than waiting for a late twist to make the episode part of the bigger story and when that doesn't happen, i'm irked.