Anybody headed to DC this weekend for the Stewart/Colbert fancy-to-do?

D_stryhtfg

Experimental Member
Media
Hell no...it's going to be even more dreadful than when the unions had their pitiful "march" (more like a small get together) back in early October.

And I'm sure the National Mall will be left a HUGE mess just like after the Union meeting as well.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hell no...it's going to be even more dreadful than when the unions had their pitiful "march" (more like a small get together) back in early October.

Gee, who knew amassing roughly 175,000 people from over 300 different organizations constitutes a "small get together"? Perhaps you agree with John McCain when he said that the "middle class" were people who made under $5 Million dollars too?

And I'm sure the National Mall will be left a HUGE mess just like after the Union meeting as well.

"Small get togethers" of 175K people tend to leave a mess behind regardless of the political affiliation. Besides, if you'd like to imply that the Glenn Beck Rally of Intellectual Deficiency was somehow left cleaner after the Tehadists went back home, the ignorant stench brought forth through their bigotry and corporately fabricated "anger" still lingers to this day.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

:rolleyes: Here ya go, a little dose of "sanity":
John Stewart announced Monday on NPR that he will ask attendees at his Oct. 30 "Rally to Restore Sanity" to donate to help restore the National Mall. The park has a $400 million backlog of deferred maintenance.

On his rally website, Stewart says "we're a little afraid that you might make a mess."
Stewart selected the Trust for the National Mall as his charity of choice.
The group's president, Caroline Cunningham, says they're grateful for the exposure.

"We encourage you to make donations to the Trust for The National Mall. We feel it’s important to preserve this historic site for future rallies and for future Americans to rally on! And let’s face it; we’re a little afraid that you might make a mess. We really, really hope you don’t — we hope that, in the name of sanity and reasonableness, you won’t be dicks and will actually pick up after yourselves. But just in case you accidentally, like, put a beverage down on the Mall’s coffee table without using a coaster, we figure that giving a little something back to the National Mall might, at least, soften the blow. But really, mainly, it’s about the “preserving the historic site” thing." -- JS

Also, all proceeds from sales of the official Rally to Restore Sanity merchandise will be donated to the Trust for the National Mall.

Steven Colbert, host of "The Colbert Report," is asking attendees at his "Keep Fear Alive" march to donate to Donors Choose, which raises money for school supplies.

LINKS:

Rally to Restore Sanity: http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/

March to Keep Fear Alive: http://www.keepfearalive.com/

Trust for the National Mall: http://www.nationalmall.org/restoresanity

DonorsChoose.org: http://www.donorschoose.org/truthiness

Last edited:

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Quick! Call for a waahmbulance!

D_stryhtfg

Experimental Member
Media
OtterJoq & cyclistlarge deserve spankings for those last two evil comments. :biggrin:

Yeah...evil...:rolleyes:

More like ignorant. Here's a REAL dose of sanity for ya:

YouTube - One Nation Rally Respect for Our WWII Vets

YouTube - Aftermath of the One Nation Rally

http://james4america.wordpress.com/...ame-manner-that-the-8-28-restoring-honor-did/

Far more people at the real rally (not the astro turf Union meeting) and the National Mall was left spotless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NioIQc6hA8M&feature=player_embedded#!

Enjoy it now libs...you have 4 days of trashing the country left.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Far more people at the real rally (not the astro turf Union meeting) and the National Mall was left spotless.

That doesn't look like a "trashing" to me. I live 20 minutes from Times Square. Come around NYC during the dropping of the ball. That video footage is pure tripe compared to the aftermath that is NYE. Also, if you still want to bring up the issue of size I could post a YouTube link of the Million Man March if I was interested in engaging in a pointless dick measuring contest over rally attendance with a bitter size queen. But I digress...

175,000 people is nothing to scoff at. You can't draw those numbers. And even at my best I could only draw 5K. Grant it, that was in Brazil and I was playing techno, but the point still remains. Also, just for a point of reference our country was already fucked up by your kin before those "damn liberals" came into the picture.

Lastly, even if the GOP took over the House or the Senate you think they could get legislation passed? You do realize that if the GOP don't get 60 seats in the Senate, the Democrats become the minority and out of spite they'll filibuster everything your GOP & Tehadist politicians propose. So even if they regain the House, nothing will get accomplished. Advantage - NOBODY.

But I'm sure you and the rest of your Teahading friends didn't contemplate the possible reactions to a party's own actions, now did you? Or are you not fully aware as to how the process to pass a bill works in this country? Then again I'm sure you don't give a fuck what happens to our country as long as your boys "win", right? That's the most important thing. Get into power and try to undo everything Obama tried to do. You're so dense. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

fxc1100

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would love to go if I didnt' have class and had money. With that said, I hope the event has a really good turnout. The nation needs something like this especially after the recent rallies that have been held there.

Restore Sanity!

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

10-2 “One Nation” Rally Did not Leave the National Mall in the Same Manner that the 8-28 “Restoring Honor” Did:

YouTube - On the Mall after the Restoring Honor Rally!

Are you seriously posting youtube videos and linking to the blog of some blatant partisan hack in an attempt to prove how much "trash" was left after your "real" rally versus some "lib" rally? This could not be more idiotic. First of all, your random, selectively shot, amateur youtube videos of some placards scattered somewhere on the pavement (these so-called "mountains of trash" that for all we know were blown there by the wind -- in fact the way they're distributed up against the coping surround of the pool suggests exactly that) juxtaposed against people strolling somewhere down the Mall (we have no way of knowing when or where exactly) don't prove a goddamn thing. Do you have any idea how big the National Mall is? It's over 300 acres and nearly two miles long. Are you going to post hours and hours of date authenticated and notarized video of the entire area, not to mention all the routes people take to and from each rally, to document exactly how much trash was left along the way? Maybe you can get the National Park Service to give you per capita tonnage of waste collected after each rally. Why don't you look into that? :rolleyes:

Have you ever been to a large political rally? Have you ever been to a large gathering of 100,000 people plus? Guess what? There's always some trash left behind. It comes with the territory, it's expected, and the organizers and the venue make plans to deal with it. (Kinda illustrated by those workers or volunteers calmly picking up signs in the background in the vid.) Your whole premise would be laughable, were it not so perfectly indicative of the ignorant, hateful, dumbed down, strawclutching mindset of the current neoconservative movement -- and the pointless, twisted, right-wing media propaganda they (including you apparently) are spoonfed on a daily basis. I wouldn't have wasted my time deconstructing your idiotic premise either, except that it so perfectly illustrates the spin, the illogic, the deflection, the irrationality, and the non-issues those right-wing media mouthpieces use to rally the troops -- and the utter stupidity of people who listen to them.

So what exactly is your point? Are you seriously reducing the critical fever pitch political debates taking place in this country to some baseless theory about who leaves more trash at their rallies? Give me a fuckin break! That could not be more irrelevant, it could not be more absurd, it could not be more ironic. The whole purpose of Stewart's expressly nonpartisan, nonpolitical rally is trying to "Restore Sanity" to the political discourse -- and you're talking about some "libs" allegedly littering at some previous unconnected rally? Trying to extrapolate from that that your people are somehow better, and by extension your positions are more worthy? Can you not see how ironically insane that is? It's doubly ironic considering that, as I explained to you in my prior post, Mr. Stewart has committed all proceeds from his rally to restoring the National Mall, not to mention soliciting additional donations for that cause, not to mention making direct appeals to the attendees to treat the place respectfully while they're there. Seriously, what is your fukn point?!!

I haven't seen you around the Politics forum much, so I'm going to assume you're new to these parts and give you a piece of friendly advice. Empty, blatantly partisan, off-topic sniping like your ridiculous "trash" hypothesis is not well tolerated here. Neither is mindlessly referring to members of the forum with blanket terms like "you libs", with the shallow intention of being dismissive and demeaning, and having nothing of substance behind it. That sort of trollish behavior violates the ground rules of the forum, and a pattern of it will lead to unpleasant consequences. I would advise you to abstain from taking stupid, purely partisan pot shots, try to relate to the actual topic of the thread if you can, and approach these debates with at least some semblance of substance if you expect to hang around.

p.s. If you want to talk about "astroturf", you should do a little nonpartisan research and educate yourself on the corporations and oil billionaires bankrolling your so-called "grassroots" Teaparty movement, and the seasoned political strategists who have co-opted the "movement" and manipulated its members to bolster the Republican electoral base. "Grass roots" my ass. They don't give a crap about you; you're nothing more than tools to advance their corporatist agenda.

Last edited:

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm leaving around 2pm Fri for DC. anybody else planning on going?

Sadly NO I won't be able to but I really wanted to !
It is an amazing crowd though... Bigger than BECK's rally and looks to be almost as big as the 10/2/10 Rally !

PITIFUL ? hahahaha It was attended by more people than the HATE rally Beck had. Ohhhhhhh and it wasn't 99% White either ! Anathema I know for Beck and his loons but I found great peace in such diversity. Diversity that will soon enough encompass this whole country, making the white man a MINORITY for the first time since the country began.( the TRUE fear of Beck, Teabaggers and the GOP) Half of me could not be more thrilled about this since I am half Cherokee and well need I say anything more LOL !

Quick! Call for a waahmbulance!

The number is whine one one!

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo :tongue::cool::tongue:

~HH~

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder if they expect liberals to remain sane when the GOP takes the house and maybe even Senate, and then pushes us into war with Iran.

Probably. Just keep your heads down, slaves, and laugh at the clown.

Anger is a gift.

Tee&A

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As my dear departed grandmere used to say, "Laaaawd have mercy..."

For those of you who have lost sight of the big picture and feel that large Republican gains in Congress is the "solution", let me give you a short Legislative Branch lesson:

YouTube - Schoolhouse Rock- How a Bill Becomes a Law

Do you really believe a deadlocked Congress is the answer? Do you really think Democrats will just roll over and bow down the will of the right-wing? Do you honestly believe that Barack Obama failing will be a "win" for you...?

...Alas. I know that some of you really do, you poor, ignorant creatures, you :frown1:. Pardon me while I make many, many daiquiris and pray for our country.

...Well I've been, 'fraid of, cha-n-ging 'cuz I, built my whole wo-o-orld aro-und youuuuuuuuu..."

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
You're an idiot. Your so-called "FACTS" are crap. You've linked to yet another partisan hack blogger. This one posts an aeriel shot of the west end of the Mall facing the Lincoln Memorial where the Beck rally took place. He then deliberately and disingenuously posts a shot showing the same area empty, purportedly during the 'Sanity' rally. Of course that area was empty, because the event was being held at the far other end of the Mall, the east end in front of the Capitol building. Those are the FACTS, dumbass. He then has the audacity to make a crack about Colbert's ironically named "Ministry of Truthiness", when he knows damn well he's lying out his ass. Double irony again. You swallow this horseshit? This guy just made you look like a fool. How do you like that?

It's nearly two miles from one end of the mall to the other. If you've ever been there, you would know you can hardly even see anything at that distance. I've linked an aerial view here that illustrates what I'm talking about. The Capitol is in the foreground, and the Lincoln Memorial is that tiny box in the distance nearly in the Potomac.

The National Mall looking west from the Capitol.

Early conservative estimates put the attendance numbers at today's "Rally to Restore Sanity" at well over 200,000 which means it is easily well over double the 87,000 to 96,000 estimated to have attended Beck's homogenized teahadist neofascist display.

Well, that is how it was designed to work...
No, that most certainly is not how it was designed to work. Congress was designed to be an effective assembly of legislators who engage in well reasoned debate and enact laws in the best interests of the American people. The Senate was designed to be the more reflective and deliberative of the two legislative bodies. This dual party political system we're plagued with was not even conceived of, though people ignorant of how our government was constructed often assume it was written into the Constitution. Congress was most certainly not designed to be paralyzed by gridlock, nor was it expected that a minority political party would be able to prevent progress and hold hostage any and all legislative action, just for the sake of being obstructionist. Unfortunately, that is exactly what has evolved over time, with the convoluted rules the legislators have crafted to govern how business is conducted in Congress, and most especially in the Senate, most notably in the application and abuse of confusing cloture and filibuster rules. It was never intended to be that way.

I am sick to death of ignorant pups like the two of you spouting off as if you know something, when all you do is regurgitate the same stupid propaganda spoonfed to you by media mouthpieces of the right-wing corporatist Republican spin machine, the likes of Beck, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, Rove, Palin, Coulter, et al, or faux Libertarians like Ron Paul. Those people are lying to you, which means whenever you open your mouth, you're talking out of you ass instead. Why don't you check your blind partisanship for awhile, open up your minds, actually school yourself in the Constitution, learn how your government is supposed to work, and try getting your news and information from independent and balanced sources for a change - rather than only listening to the lies you want to hear and swallowing the giant load of shit the right-wing media feeds you on a daily basis. Only then will you have anything of substance to contribute. Only then will your opinions be worth anything.

Last edited:

D_Evita_Zane

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I watched it on TV yesterday. Was pretty cool, and from what I heard and saw, not a bunch of liberals bitching about conservatives or politics at all really...

I can't wait to hear what Beck/O-Riley have to say about it. The whole "turnout" controversy is going to be interesting.

Regardless, I've always thought that Jon Stewart is someone that needs to be taken more seriously. Beneath the satire and jokes, there is some substance there.